Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Joe H

Re: big discussion about agitaters
« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2009, 07:44:09 pm »
Mark must have the knack.
Dont let it put you off - you asked was it easy to change brushes.
I said a bit fiddly, Mark says its ok.  2 different views, thats all.
Yes, it was the Gen4 I was describing. Thats what I got.

Carpet Genie

« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2009, 07:44:15 pm »
Derek,
I've got an envirodri and it takes about 2 minutes to clean the brushes - there are two pins which need to be knocked out to remove the brushes - never had a problem getting them back in. They just slide back in - the brushes need to be in the right place but it's not difficult.
Mike George

The Carpet genie

james roffey

« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2009, 08:01:29 pm »
I phoned  them up last week and the envirodry is £1000 + vat it does not seem to be a lot of gear for that money, but does seem worthwhile using one, just wish i could get a used one somewhere, if anyone is selling one please let me know.

mark shannon

« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2009, 08:20:27 pm »
James i will get shot down but like most of our gear IMO its a ridiculous amount of money  :o

des

« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2009, 08:37:28 pm »
envirodri I would not be cleaning carpet,s if i did not have one .Ive got the small one and thats got enough weight Des
des at mister clean

John Kelly

« Reply #65 on: January 03, 2009, 08:38:57 pm »
These machines are actually a carpet cleaning system. They are designed to carry out carpet cleaning using dry granules. Believe it or not there are a lot of cleaners out there using this system as a stand alone business. And a very succesfull one at that. One of my customers is actually franchising his business and has about 7 or 8 franchises on board already. Pre vaccing, pre spraying and then granule cleaning I am amazed at some of the results they are achieving.
That is why they are priced as they are. For £1000 - £3000 they are capable of making you 20 to 60 times the return. In this case it is a very low cost investment. Of course if you are just buying it as an agititator it does seem expensive. You can buy a brush for 20 quid. does the same job just a bit harder but keeps you fit :)

clinton

« Reply #66 on: January 03, 2009, 08:39:54 pm »
James

Like most of the cleaning gear thats is at the top money wise does not come up v often as there are less sold from new ::)

mark shannon

« Reply #67 on: January 03, 2009, 08:46:24 pm »
John i would have thought they are primarily used and sold as agitating machines and a bit of granule cleaning when needed, or is the dry market that big?

« Reply #68 on: January 03, 2009, 09:07:31 pm »
Mark
Now i am going to really stick my neck out and i will have to duck because of the flack.......
but i`ll have to say it , i know i shouldn`t but i will.......its because its not as good!

there i`ve said it

oh poo what have i done???????

Daryl

Ps anyone got a hard hat???

clinton

« Reply #69 on: January 03, 2009, 09:32:21 pm »
 ;D

John Kelly

« Reply #70 on: January 03, 2009, 09:56:25 pm »
Common sense tells you that dry granule cleaning isn't as good or thorough than hot water extraction. But you have seen how clean the carpets look after agitating a pre-spray. Now take that a step further with the granule clean and you have a happy customer. Seen it, believe it and the proof is in the pudding.

John Kelly

« Reply #71 on: January 03, 2009, 09:59:01 pm »
Don't forget Chem-Dry have a 5 billion Dollar business built on the word "Dry".

« Reply #72 on: January 03, 2009, 10:06:32 pm »
John
glad you didnt take the JOKE seriously ;D ;D ;D

Daryl

John Kelly

« Reply #73 on: January 03, 2009, 10:08:27 pm »
Mark, they are sold as granule cleaning systems. A lot of commercial customers such as councils, hotels etc buy them for ongoing maintenance cleans. The suppliers want to make money on the on going sale of granules, pre-sprays, spotters etc as well as the machines. Its only recently that people have been buying them for agitation. Don't forget the warranty is void on some of these if used for wet agitating. There is a market for this type of cleaning and it is actually at a higher rate than hwe. Like I say I know people who do this full time and are doing very well. Stainbusters is another succesfull outfit and they just bonnet clean.

John Kelly

« Reply #74 on: January 03, 2009, 10:10:11 pm »
Daryl, we know that it isn't a thorough as hwe and never will be but at the end of the day these guys have happy customers and are getting well paid. It has certainly opened my eyes to the benefits of the system.

« Reply #75 on: January 03, 2009, 10:46:06 pm »
John
I know it may have its place in the market. but IMHO i cant see it, i dont think that it "cleans", and i wont give my customers an inferior clean.
As you say it "looks" clean, but is it clean?
Or is it they sell it because it , as you say, is DRY, no wet carpets, etc etc

I know i may be losing money by not giving this kind of service,but i cant give a service i dont believe in, i have to be true to myself.

Regards

Daryl

John Kelly

« Reply #76 on: January 03, 2009, 10:50:12 pm »
I know what you mean Daryl. Don't forget even hwe doesn't "clean" the carpet. You only have to hose down a rug after extracting it even 4 or 5 times and see how much crap still comes out of it. When I was doing it was sometimes 20 minutes before the water ran clear.

« Reply #77 on: January 03, 2009, 11:03:14 pm »
John
If granuals does`nt clean and HWE does`nt clean then what are we all doing??

And what are you doing selling carpet"cleaning" chemicals???? ;D ;D ;D ;D
THAT WAS A JOKE ;D ;D ;D
This forum would be called DRY it up or WET it up ;D ;D ;D ;D

You watch how many come up with other ideas!!!

regards

Daryl

« Reply #78 on: January 03, 2009, 11:26:09 pm »
John
One question i have always wanted answering, and seeing that with your experiance, cleaning /selling, your just the man i would have thought is......

How do they get the granuals to stick to the vertical surfaces on Upholstry and using a CRB on it , must be a right bugger  ;D

Daryl

mark shannon

« Reply #79 on: January 03, 2009, 11:50:17 pm »
Johns right at the end of the day "Happy Customers" is all that counts and lets face it we have all had some who are happy after the prevac. ???