This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ftp

Cash in hand?
« on: December 09, 2008, 07:32:34 am »
See the government want to stop this - no chance have they?

Dean Taberner

Re: Cash in hand?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 08:20:01 am »
a lot of my customers pay cash.

at the moment im sitting in my van with 2 wage bill headaches in the pouring rain earning nothing.

im really ripping the tax man off aren't I?

they need to get in the real world.

when I go and send invoices off at the post office on a monday morning, the amount of people collecting their benefits who appear to look fit and well is untrue. listening to some of them arranging to meet up in the boozer at dinner makes me feel sick.

Dean
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 09:01:59 am »
See the government want to stop this - no chance have they?

the'll have to remove coins and cash from society if they want to do that, and we all work of pin identity cards.

Sorry but you dont see me paying for a newspaper via a debit card - it costs the shop too much to do this..

again will cost small businesses toooooo much to be dealing with portable transactions points.

will never happen - we at least not in my life time.

jaykie

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 09:51:03 am »
Did you see GMTV this morning, i like the fact they used a window cleaner as a example, this can never happen, plus cheques will soon fizzle out, so will all have to carry card machines and not all cards can be used on these like visa electron.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 10:10:42 am »
I for one would welcome it. On the rare occasion I get given cash it really is inconvenient!

choice.clean

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 10:58:06 am »
alex gardiner doesn't want any cash gifts boys, is this self righteous standing order man or what :P

Ian Rochester

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2008, 12:16:34 pm »
We encourage all our customers to pay either by cheque or credit transfer, currently we have about 40% who still pay by cash. 

However you will never completely never eradicate cash transactions from this sort of business so I can't understand why they are even trying.

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2008, 12:34:37 pm »
It might work for the larger companies, but for the local windys that do mrs old neighbour and her friends, there is no chance this will work, and these are they guys that probably dont declare anyway.

On a personal note, myself and my missus are spending via cash transactions at the shops for food, clothing etc all paid for via cash we withdraw from the bank, it helps to have a physical feel for spending.
It allows you to keep better control of your finances without going into debt via CC or into an unauthorised overdraft using debit cards (my banks doesn;t always stop transactions, and if they do then i pay cash). Cheques can take time to get presented to the bank before they even clear so thats forgotton..

Paying by cash is the best method to prevent further dept of the general bristish public as a whole. It should be a better case for checking up what businesses receive by the IR, rather than stopping cash payments.

ftp

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2008, 03:29:24 pm »
How many times have you tried the old "how much for cash mate?" when purchasing something? It's all part of haggling isn't it? Once you've done the deal and saved some money you couldn't give two hoots whether the supplier declares his cash or not. I always try it when buying tyres or having my van seviced or several other purchases.

pingu

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2008, 03:48:40 pm »
95% of my customers pay via internet banking I like it that way but when I pay my taxes I sometimes to am being a little whiter than white and should play the game like most people do!

Dave.

R.V.A Window Cleaning Services

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2008, 03:50:38 pm »
Theirs nothing wrong with having cash payments as long as you declare it, they don't want to stop people paying in cash just those who take cash and don't declare it.
In the kingdom of the blind the one eyed man is king

sageorgeta

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2008, 03:53:27 pm »
It might work for the larger companies, but for the local windys that do mrs old neighbour and her friends, there is no chance this will work, and these are they guys that probably dont declare anyway.

So you reckon all local domestic wc's are probably not declaring their earnings....thats a bit of a cheek to suggest that.You cant assume this without knowing how people run their businesses. >:(

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2008, 04:09:34 pm »

So you reckon all local domestic wc's are probably not declaring their earnings....thats a bit of a cheek to suggest that.You cant assume this without knowing how people run their businesses. >:(

No, im sorry if it came over that way.

I would consider myself to be a local domestic window cleaner, i do a number of old persons properties (generally the best payers!). However i do see a number of guys B&Q garden ladders, buckets in the rungs, scruffy rags hanging off the ladder on the family car the non professional types (i mean these type not declaring).

If it came to it, the "professional" domestic window cleaner would not be able to survive without these types of customers paying cash - they would lose out to the scruffs as i put it. Only the bigger upper residential or commercial window cleaners would survive under any attempt to stop cash paying.

Hope that clears the matter, and i haven;t dug myself a further hole without realising.  ::)

Slash

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2008, 04:43:23 pm »
I WORK FOR THE TAX OFFICE! ;D

ftp

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2008, 04:52:40 pm »
I suppose non- cash payments would prove difficult for the benefit cheats and beer boys?

NWH

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2008, 05:08:41 pm »
Nothing wrong with a bit of cash and any window cleaner that says otherwise is a saint and there aint many of them around.

seandyer2003

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2008, 05:50:02 pm »
How many times have you tried the old "how much for cash mate?" when purchasing something? It's all part of haggling isn't it? Once you've done the deal and saved some money you couldn't give two hoots whether the supplier declares his cash or not. I always try it when buying tyres or having my van seviced or several other purchases.

Yeah garages are the worst, i had some major body work done to my car after some brats bricked it and saved a couple of hundred quid by paying cash, im sure he declared though??

RO-Sheen

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2008, 05:53:37 pm »
I WORK FOR THE TAX OFFICE! ;D

Unfortunately we all work for the tax office!!!

As Chris galloway said, 'They would have to remove coins  and cash from society'  - Not sure how my son would react if I gave him his pocketmoney via Amex!  ;D
Formerly known as GARGAAX

East coast window cleaning Services

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2008, 05:55:36 pm »
I always perfer chq or bacs payment but a nature of the job you always going to have cash payers in this industury.
P&R Window Cleaning

dai

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2008, 07:30:07 pm »
About time too, there's no room left under the bed.