This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Feen

Re: Cash in hand?
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2008, 08:50:43 pm »
I don't know the exact percentages I get paid in, but let's have a guess. I am a sole operator who does mainly domestics. Most of my commercials pay cash. I'd guess cash 90%, cheque 8%, direct to bank 2%. But guess what? I pay tax on it and some of the "holier than thou" posts p*ss me off.
Feen

NWH

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2008, 08:52:20 pm »
I don't know the exact percentages I get paid in, but let's have a guess. I am a sole operator who does mainly domestics. Most of my commercials pay cash. I'd guess cash 90%, cheque 8%, direct to bank 2%. But guess what? I pay tax on it and some of the "holier than thou" posts p*ss me off.
I wish the opposite for me.

Feen

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2008, 08:57:08 pm »
I for one would welcome it. On the rare occasion I get given cash it really is inconvenient!
Shouldn't you be busy building poles ??? ???
Feen

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2008, 08:59:56 pm »
I for one would welcome it. On the rare occasion I get given cash it really is inconvenient!

No he's a "supplier" he has a manufacturing firm to do that for him.

Feen

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2008, 09:04:53 pm »

OK Mr Pedantic, Swap the word "building" for "assembling". New order of ......
Feen

bwoofie

« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2008, 11:32:44 pm »
Dont know about most of you guys, but these days I live from day to day it seems so for example if a custie gives me a tenner for my first job of the day then i find i need deisel for the van, thats where the
tenner goes! on bills and so on.
Dont earn enough to squirrel away, all my money goes back into circulation within a week or so but hey Im getting off my arse and atleast making an effort.
Cash or cheque? cash every time, its easier, it still goes on the books at the end of the day,and you can spend it as you earn it

geefree

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2008, 11:57:04 pm »
AINT IT A MAD WORLD....

I did a favour for someone at the weekend, they offered me a tenner.

does this go through the books ... or is it part of the " hidden economy"

one way or another , that tenner will go back into the economy,

so whats hidden about it?.

oh .i know..... its a numbers game..... like all the people who are on the dole not working ...  ::) ::) ::)

now i get it  ;D ::)

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2008, 10:01:54 am »

Just spotted this (I was away all day yesterday).  I know why Alex finds cash inconvenient - he has to hand it over to me!  His Thursday round seems to produce the most cash and he definitely lies low until I've done the shop................

Mrs A

baldeagle

« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2008, 01:23:18 pm »
Let me stand back and put this into perspective.

The Government, [which is composed of politicians], want to ensure that the rest of society are carrying out their business affairs,  lawfully?

Have I got that right?

Baldeagle
"John the Window Cleaner."
A business founded during the Elizabethan age.

Tosh

« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2008, 02:13:35 pm »
Just spotted this (I was away all day yesterday).  I know why Alex finds cash inconvenient - he has to hand it over to me!  His Thursday round seems to produce the most cash and he definitely lies low until I've done the shop................

Mrs A

Mrs A,

Am I right in thinking you've got a fair number of kids; about five of them?  I could be confusing you and Alex with someone else, but I remember someone saying they'd been to your house and it was like the 'Waltons' (I can't remember who was telling me (David of St Ives maybe?)).

So given your food bill, I'm not suprised that Alex hides.

;D

ftp

« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2008, 04:44:59 pm »
Alex has to hide - Mrs A wants more kids!