This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

glen parva

best window cleaning software
« on: December 07, 2008, 03:24:26 pm »
hi can anyone advise ive just took on a window cleaner fulltime
and want to know what the best software for keeping track of my accounts and invoicing
 can you sugest any package

ive been looking but it is a mine filed
cheers john
glen parva cleaning services 

ianhannaford

Re: best window cleaning software
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 07:58:13 pm »
Hi Glen.

There seem to be three packages worth taking a look at, all come with free trial version so its best to download them all and see which ones works best for you. There is Window Cleaner Pro (www.windowcleanerpro.com), George (www.georgesystems.co.uk) and Round Tracker (I think its on Window Cleaning Resources website).

Ian

Roy Harding

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 08:05:55 pm »
And all so Roundpro

www.roundpro.co.uk/

Roy

jaykie

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 08:08:37 pm »
well ive tried all 3 of them, round tracker was on my comp for all of a couple of days, george is good but once compared to window cleaning pro doesnt come near, id say window cleaning pro all the way, it does all you could ever need and the back up from Ian the designer is 2nd too none, if you ever have any probs he is a phone call or email away and responds very quickly, also if there is anything that the programme needs you can suggest it and ian will do his best to add it to a future update.

Chris

john tomkins

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 04:33:53 pm »
well ive tried all 3 of them, round tracker was on my comp for all of a couple of days, george is good but once compared to window cleaning pro doesnt come near, id say window cleaning pro all the way, it does all you could ever need and the back up from Ian the designer is 2nd too none, if you ever have any probs he is a phone call or email away and responds very quickly, also if there is anything that the programme needs you can suggest it and ian will do his best to add it to a future update.

Chris

At a cost of £159 it should be better, it should be 3x better but is it?,  for just £50 I don't think you can beat George,

seandyer2003

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 04:59:54 pm »

Chris

At a cost of £159 it should be better, it should be 3x better but is it?,  for just £50 I don't think you can beat George,

Ditto, george all the way, only a pound a month for internet back up too, 12£ a year :)

pingu

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2008, 05:13:08 pm »
Tried WCP and George....have to say George is good for me and for 50quid there is nothing else to beat it.....try some of the s/w most have free trials...so you have nothing to lose.

Dave.

Bobs Window Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2008, 05:29:56 pm »
Try both.

George for me tho ;D
Why oh Why did he spell my name as bod & not bob on my wedding invites.

Steve Lowe

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2008, 03:32:31 pm »
And all so Roundpro

www.roundpro.co.uk/

Roy

Hi Roy

Do you use roundpro ? or know anyone that does?

Cheers

Steve
Steven J Lowe MBICSc

Lowes Cleaning Services Limited
www.lowescleaning.com

Roy Harding

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2008, 04:21:53 pm »
And all so Roundpro

www.roundpro.co.uk/

Roy

Hi Roy

Do you use roundpro ? or know anyone that does?

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve

No I dont, you can get a free trial. I will try it at some stage to see what its like. I dont know if any one else does.

I use george just for my round, and for keeping track of payments. Then I use Monney Manager for my accounts, as the reports are better and data entry is second to none.

Did you not go the Service Ce0 route?

Regards Roy

Steve Lowe

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2008, 04:28:26 pm »
Hi Roy

Yes i bought Service Ceo some time ago now at a huge cost. The one thing it does not do which would have massive time savings for us is a link to Sage accounts. Roundpro does and it would save us loads of time. The other way around it would be for me to pay another company to develope a link to Ceo. I am getting a trial disc so will evaluate when i get it.

Steve
Steven J Lowe MBICSc

www.lowescleaning.com

ianhannaford

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2008, 04:34:54 pm »
Hi Roy

Yes i bought Service Ceo some time ago now at a huge cost. The one thing it does not do which would have massive time savings for us is a link to Sage accounts. Roundpro does and it would save us loads of time. The other way around it would be for me to pay another company to develope a link to Ceo. I am getting a trial disc so will evaluate when i get it.

Steve

Do you not use WCP anymore then Steve?

Ian

Steve Lowe

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2008, 04:48:19 pm »
Hi Ian

I have not made my mind up what package to use yet as they all seem lacking in one way or another. WCP would be fine if i could link to sage otherwise i end up doing two lots of data entry.

Steve
Steven J Lowe MBICSc

www.lowescleaning.com

ianhannaford

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2008, 04:49:31 pm »
Hi Ian

I have not made my mind up what package to use yet as they all seem lacking in one way or another. WCP would be fine if i could link to sage otherwise i end up doing two lots of data entry.

Steve

What data would need to go to and from Sage, if you can provide me with some details I can take at implementing this.

Thanks

Ian

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2008, 06:15:17 pm »
WCPro is my choice,.. worth every penny. Download all the trials and decide for yourself though.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2008, 06:25:56 pm »
Useful thread this, as I'm getting a mini-laptop (or netbook if you like) in the next few weeks.
It's small enough to take with me, and I won't have to faff about uploading and downloading details, as I'll have the full program on me. ;)

I've downloaded George demo, and I'll try WCP.

Looks like more useful features on WCP from what I've read...

dmlservices

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2008, 07:40:47 pm »
Useful thread this, as I'm getting a mini-laptop (or netbook if you like) in the next few weeks.
It's small enough to take with me, and I won't have to faff about uploading and downloading details, as I'll have the full program on me. ;)

I've downloaded George demo, and I'll try WCP.

Looks like more useful features on WCP from what I've read...

ive just bought a advent 4212 , to take full george with me , to many uses to list,

i also use use pocket george and use palm zires 21 & 31

it is absoulutley great, i can access internet ( lots of people have unsecured wireless )

might even get mobile broad band on it as well , ( saves reading paper waiting for heavy rain to stop  ;D)

daz

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2008, 07:47:07 pm »
It's definately the way to go.

If I get a new customer I can add all the details there and then.
Otherwise I'd have to write it all down, attach PDA to computer, add details to George, download to PDA...etc...sod all that! ;D

john tomkins

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2008, 08:42:23 pm »

Ah that's what Tosh is getting you for christmas ;D

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2008, 09:03:29 pm »
ive just bought a advent 4212 , to take full george with me , to many uses to list,
That's the one I had my eye on actually.
Looks a good one.