Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

david_green

Re: Truckmount?
« Reply #80 on: March 07, 2005, 04:56:31 pm »
Paul

Sounds good in theory.

But

a. is that the actual experience of truckmount operators.

b. I find customers beginning to "choke" when hourly rate climbs much higher.

David.

mark_roberts

« Reply #81 on: March 07, 2005, 04:59:23 pm »
I think some people are missing the point with truckmounts and even business for that matter.

A truckmount is a tool to make money and so is a portable.  If your cleaning 4 12x12 lounges in a day then theres no real benefit of a TM over a portable.  If your cleaning 5000sqft of carpet then the truckmount will be of massive benefit.  Also if your booked solid and having difficulty finding time then a truckmount will free up sometime each day.  If your making the money by being busy then the costs issues are not a concern.  If your only working a few days a week and only doing £600 of business a week then you shouldnt even be dreaming about a TM never mind buying one new or 2nd hand.

I hope I'm not out of order but Ken and Derek are not interested in growing their business at this stage of life and dont even advertise to get business so a truckmount is not in their business strategy and thats when they use portables but they are still successful.

You cant compare a portables performance with a truckmount.  The figures may be similar on paper but will be worlds apart at 150ft or more and the heat with a portable is not sustainable over long periods.

Mark

« Reply #82 on: March 07, 2005, 05:10:26 pm »
I am looking forward to the end of March I can bring my Everest along and we can all compare.

mark_roberts

« Reply #83 on: March 07, 2005, 05:12:06 pm »
Lee

I take it your from Prochem.

Any chance of bringing the entry level truckmount instead of the top line one?

Mark

GreenGlides

« Reply #84 on: March 07, 2005, 05:17:13 pm »
Lee, you a Dist.?

PM me.

GreenYank
GREENIE

« Reply #85 on: March 07, 2005, 05:27:55 pm »
I do work for Prochem, I will leave it up to the board which TM Blazer or Everest do you want me to bring, if the Apex is ready though I will bring that.

Mark Roberts

« Reply #86 on: March 07, 2005, 05:40:24 pm »
Mark,

The most sensible reply so far.

You cant compare a portables performance with a truckmount.

The manufacturers figures will allways show there machine to be "the most powerfull" by giving just the Lift figure in H2O. This figure by its self means nothing. H2O,CFM and Air watts all play a masive part in a balanced system. Add the above together and introduce friction loss in tubes, length of hose, diameter of hose, type of wand and you start to see its quite complex. A well put together truckmount "system" will win every time on performance. But...
We all live in different area's and do different work from each other every day, the choice between porty vs truckmount is for the owner to decide when you have realised your needs. ;)

Mark

lee_gundry

« Reply #87 on: March 07, 2005, 08:46:21 pm »
paul

when i changed from porty to tm i did not increase my prices,i could do the same job quicker & better with a tm so my prices stayed the same but my hourly rate increased.currently when using my single opperator truckmount prices for dommestic work is approx £100.00 -£120.00 per hour,when using my duel opperator truckmount in commercial with 2 wands running hourly rate is approx  £200-£300 per hour these figuars are while the machine is running not incl set up/travel times etc

Lee G
cumbria

Steve Weatherley

« Reply #88 on: March 07, 2005, 09:20:18 pm »
I'm curious to know what kind of average weekly turnover you TM users were on before deciding to convert.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #89 on: March 07, 2005, 09:48:05 pm »
Just imagine every week full, not one space or hour left working 6 days a week with working coming in all of the time but..... you only can do so much and as it averages out you only get the same wage another cleaner would be good but his wages would buy a TM.

Also look at it another way, when it's busy it's busy you have to turn work away, well you can fit more in with a TM and when it's quieter it's cheaper than having staff sat around, at Xmas it would pay itself with the extra work, and the average custy is so impressed without mentioning 'Marketing', it is done for you!

I had a Bane clene before my petrol, but with the pipes coming out of the van and the noise outside it created loads of 'street enquiries' that is when I really found out about referals, I was offering what was percieved to be different and also a better clean, so I got even more busy and it goes on and on.

Shaun   

Martin_Riley

« Reply #90 on: March 07, 2005, 10:22:24 pm »
And so say all of us (Truckmount users that is) ;D
Martin
Martin J Riley, Tiverton, Devon, NCCA, IICRC

dave washbrook

« Reply #91 on: March 07, 2005, 10:28:42 pm »
just thought i would give my 2pennys worth, why is it that you only hear about porty users wanting to upgrade to a tm, and not tm wanting to change to a porty, reason being tm are not that bad after all and you certainly dont need to be earning mega bucks to own one just be positive

dave

david_green

« Reply #92 on: March 08, 2005, 01:41:17 pm »
Hi

Very interesting response Shaun.

Would other truckmount operators go so far as to say that marketing is done for them or as good as.

I hate marketing even though I've been on fast track. I have to push myself every inch of the way. Having said that I had a good year last year, quiet now though. So you can see the appeal when someone says that by splashing out on truckmount my marketing problems are lessened. Apart from other benefits already noted.

David

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #93 on: March 08, 2005, 07:15:01 pm »
You can sell better when you have a TM there is a bigger appeal for you remember you are not offering the 'norm' so when you say that wil be £1 trillion to TM this carpet madam then they can see why!

Then word of mouth kicks in try this site

kingofclean.com/main.php3?primNavIndex=0&mainURL=%2Fcontentbuilder%2Flayout.php3%3FcontentPath%3Dcontent%2F00%2F01%2F21%2F03%2F86%2Fuserdirectory59.content

There used to be a better ad but this has just the same message.
Shaun

GreenGlides

« Reply #94 on: March 08, 2005, 10:38:54 pm »
Except for the inaccuracies, the message is basically a good one.

Green Yank.
GREENIE

stevegunn

« Reply #95 on: March 09, 2005, 08:30:37 am »

Bob Allen

« Reply #96 on: March 09, 2005, 09:35:50 pm »
I too would like to see an entry level truck mount in action as so many of us portys are thinking of upgrading.
Bob Allen

JS2

« Reply #97 on: March 12, 2005, 07:06:02 pm »
Hi Colleagues

How about safely fixing a higher-powered HWE portable, and 12V pump with water supply/drainage tanks, in the back of the van (with vac , solution and electric leads trailing) . . is that not a lower cost, acceptable specification truck mount with portable option?

Pete (JS2)

Chris R

« Reply #98 on: March 12, 2005, 07:13:37 pm »
Pete, that already exists  ;D

http://www.cross-american.com/

Recoil comes with everything needed to Truck mount.

http://www.cross-american.com/equip.htm

Fresh Water Tanks - 40 gall - How many do you want?
Waste Tank - optional 40 gall
Water pump pick up is extendable, so just drop it into the fresh water tank.
Hose reels - 200ft
Vac booster for long hose runs - up to 200ft ?

Chris
Staffordshire

JS2

« Reply #99 on: March 12, 2005, 07:19:11 pm »
Thanks Chris

It's worth a look at

Regards

Pete (JS2)