Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Liahona

Re: Truckmount?
« Reply #100 on: February 16, 2006, 09:50:41 pm »
As most of you know I am new to this site so have wandered around to see different subjects........Accordingly I am not going to say which one is better (i use both) as it has already been said.... My one point to make to the portable users is this....... If you know that a truck mount is a better machine and I am talking about as if you were using it, then why would you use the portable. That would make it by your own admission that you could actually get a better job if using a truck mount. After all we are in a service industry and to offer the best available shouldnt we be using the best machines available....... For the record and please note, superb results can be made with a portable and I understand and rightly so there are a few on here who have excellent businesses using a portable, however.......... If those same people were using a truck mount ............
................., best, Dave..... P.S. I would be happy to clean with someone looking to see the benefits of a truck mount......

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #101 on: November 30, 2006, 09:25:43 pm »
wow that took some reading  ;D ive been cleaning with a extrata ex. for years and find it hard to lifted the things around being a woman and only being 5ft tall so im looking into a t.m.

ive heard all the storys over the years and have seen loads of demos but i think the only way is too use one , or have aday cleaning with somebody thats got one , even if you have to travel to spend aday with that person which after the xmas rush i maybe on the lug to spend aday with someone if they will let me

Steve Chapman

« Reply #102 on: November 30, 2006, 09:52:20 pm »
Hi,

I 've just changed form using the extracta excel (which i think is a pretty good machine) for a  t/m and after being a skeptic for about 12 years i can honestly say i'm blown away by how good it is :o

you really don't know until you use one, and to really appreciate it , it's taken me about two months to get used to,  but now i cant wait to get up in the morning to use it 8)

is that sad or what?

regards
steve

Liahona

« Reply #103 on: November 30, 2006, 09:54:11 pm »
I dont mind anyone spending a day with me to see how it is a truck mount works. However not knowing your name or where you are from it might prove difficult for this to actually happen as we dont know where you are. Best, Dave.

colin thomas

« Reply #104 on: November 30, 2006, 10:17:59 pm »
hi 1st clean, i might have a truck-mount for sale, i am 'daan saaf' but if interested in a day out working, post your e-mail address to make contact.
cbt
colin thomas

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #105 on: November 30, 2006, 10:29:11 pm »
just as a matter of interest what TM have you got Colin?

Shaun

NigelD

« Reply #106 on: December 03, 2006, 12:46:22 am »
Took delivery of my truckmount last week.

Did a job today that was last done 15 months ago with a portable.

Finished 3 hours earlier today.

I don't knock portables, there are times when they are the only solution. But a truckmount does deliver huge benefits, they also cost. So if you are busy and can use the extra time think about it with an open mind.

Nigel

cleaning co

« Reply #107 on: December 03, 2006, 12:53:36 am »
truckmounts hav thier place in this industry , but if u only do domestics u be mad to buy one

carpetclean

« Reply #108 on: December 03, 2006, 07:33:31 am »
truckmounts have  their place in this industry , but if u only do domestics u be mad to buy one
looks like i must be completely bonkers then !?
I have a t/m after starting with a porty i soon upgraded to a t/m with no regrets . i have turned down one job in a high rise all the other jobs i get around them one way or another.
i have done a few commercials even low profile which the clients could not believe after low moisture systems being used for years. one hotel i had to dry sponge but it would have been the same with a porty as this was the requirement.
people mention that clients do not ask for truck mounts this is true on the whole but i have had people ask me because i have a t/m and as far as being impressed with various porties once they see a t/m its the ultimate impression.
i am not saying the t/m will do a better job than a man who cares with a porty as i am sure all you professionals out there will do a lovely job and pass the white towel test after the clean as i always show the client the white towel test. but a t/m is a matter of choice, and it does make life easier . it does allow you to do a FILTHY  job much quicker than ANY  porty i should know as i have had almost all of them .
Regarding parking i have had this week three problems.
the first one was parking restrictions where the man phoned the council and they suspended parking for the day so i could clean the carpets i had a nice 25ft space for me to pull up to.
The next one the woman again phoned the council to get special permission to park on a double yellow which was granted.
the third i  double parked  because of the amount of parked cars for the last 30 minutes whilst i extracted saying i was doing flood work to the traffic warden.

The noise of the machine also helps as it attracts people who then take a card and ask for quotes
but one of the main factors i am finding is that people who are eco friendly conscious like the idea of all the waste being put on the van with nothing put down the loo or sink. where i live its a very fast growing  market and these people will pay above the norm so this alone is well worth  the investment.
As I have hopefully said this is not about porty v t/m but personal choice and the direction you want to take. There are some good portables on the market but i choose to have a t/m because  it suits me and what I want to offer.

NCCA   IICRC

name peter reed

cleaning co

« Reply #109 on: December 03, 2006, 08:25:12 am »
yes just what i said they hav there place,  but for me only doing 2-3 jobs all domestic a tm prty setup is fine for me the only diff is i hav to plug in two plugs and yes i dont hav as much power as a petrol truckmount but never felt i need anymore, if i brouhgt a petrol truckmount for me my profits would go down big time ,cost of truckmount,biggervan, etc etc   but i agree if u want to take your cleaning firm to next level and think u can get there then truckmount would be next step up, but not for me iam happy at stage i am after 12 years i hav seen how hard it is in this game to get to that next level 8)
gary

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #110 on: December 03, 2006, 10:04:24 am »
I do 90% domestic and use a TM, it replaces an employee I used to have and I turnover the same amount of money and am better off for it.

Shaun

cleaning co

« Reply #111 on: December 03, 2006, 10:54:55 am »
yes but if u had kept your emp u would hav been down unless u got more work yes ?

DanielWelford

« Reply #112 on: December 03, 2006, 12:32:06 pm »
Just out of interest could you tm boys just answer the following for me:

1. What do you do if you cant park right outside the custys address?

2. Is there any security issues with your van being wide open?

I am seriously considering upgrading, it is these points that are putting me off.

Thanks Dan

Chris R

« Reply #113 on: December 03, 2006, 02:52:10 pm »

I am seriously considering upgrading, it is these points that are putting me off.

Thanks Dan

Get the portable out

All doors are locked, only the side door is open. the truckmount fills this space, no way past. Only a fool would try to climb over a running truckmount.

I have had my truckmount since May. Used the porty twice since then. Turned down one job in a block of flats. Apart from that, no problems with access.

Once or twice I have asked customers to move cars so I can park outside.

regards
Chris
Staffordshire

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #114 on: December 03, 2006, 03:05:36 pm »
 had 2 electric machines got rid of employee bought a petrol tm and did same amount of turnover as 2.

Lot more profit

Shaun

gwrightson

« Reply #115 on: December 03, 2006, 03:15:03 pm »
Carpetclean. I am a little puzzled as to your statement

"but one of the main factors i am finding is that people who are eco friendly conscious like the idea of all the waste being put on the van with nothing put down the loo or sink."

if this is true , Where the hell do they think you are putting it? or are you indeed paying for a waste disposal licence to dump at your local where ever?
some how i doubt it :)
or do they just think its ok because it aint on my door step, now I wouldnt say that was a very eco friendly attitude.
Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Len Gribble

« Reply #116 on: December 03, 2006, 05:34:05 pm »
It’s a tool but a preferred one and it also dose commercials subject to site appraisal = more efficient = equates to tm (time/motion)

Dan

Only you know your market (logistics/parking) don’t be afraid to ask customer to move. Never had a problem with security most of the time all four doors open (rain three are closed)

Shaun

You greedy git. ;D ;D

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Phil Marlor

« Reply #117 on: December 03, 2006, 06:05:14 pm »

[

Thanks Dan

I have had 1 job since March I couldn't do and I didn't want it anyway! You will have at least 200 ft of hose, that goes a long way!

No, most of the time you will be on the customers drive, I often ask the customer to move their cars, no-one is going to steal anything, the machine is bolted to the floor and they wouldn't want anything else, I had my cab sectioned off from the rest of the van and lock it, its not an issue, honest.

Gary, you are talking nonsence again, I could never go back to a portable, even if you dont make more money (which you do) life is much easier with a TM.

Phil
Stevenage, Herts

LUTON TOWN 3-0 SUNDERLAND

PaulKing

« Reply #118 on: December 03, 2006, 06:41:58 pm »
How many people commenting on this have actually owned and used used a TM for a extended period?

Very few people switch back to portables after owing and using a TM machine, and that I think says it all.

www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

carpetclean

« Reply #119 on: December 03, 2006, 07:29:41 pm »
Carpetclean. I am a little puzzled as to your statement

"but one of the main factors i am finding is that people who are eco friendly conscious like the idea of all the waste being put on the van with nothing put down the loo or sink."

if this is true , Where the hell do they think you are putting it? or are you indeed paying for a waste disposal licence to dump at your local where ever?
some how i doubt it :)
or do they just think its ok because it aint on my door step, now I wouldnt say that was a very eco friendly attitude.
Geoff

maybe i did not explain myself properly but what i meant to say was not down the customers loo or toilet !!!!!
NCCA   IICRC

name peter reed