Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cleaning co

Re: Truckmount?
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2005, 12:32:49 am »
shall we cut the crap here for gods sake !!   (PAUL) A PORTABLE IS NOT IN THE SAME LEAGUE AS A TRUCK MOUNT FULL STOP .   
P.S THEY HAV BEEN MAKING PORTYS WITH HIGH PRESS PUMPS ETC FOR YEARS PAUL THE ECLIPSE THINY IS NOTHING NEW

GreenGlides

« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2005, 12:35:06 am »
LOL

personally, I'll use a rag spinner (OP or Bonnet) if I can't TM it.

GREENIE

cleaning co

« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2005, 12:50:37 am »
just read dave parrys posting  wow  he must be a cleaning god lol brought a truckmount out right in 18 months of starting out  :o   dave u must right a book about u would cleanup lol    it took me 5 years to buy a proper porty lol :o

Len Gribble

« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2005, 06:58:43 am »
Steve

I did not receive the pm with the address, but still willing for you to have a go with the TM by the way I’m not into what’s is the best as far as I’m concerned it a tool the same as my porty/LM system they are there to make money.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

stevegunn

« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2005, 07:49:17 am »
shall we cut the crap here for gods sake !!   (PAUL) A PORTABLE IS NOT IN THE SAME LEAGUE AS A TRUCK MOUNT FULL STOP .   
P.S THEY HAV BEEN MAKING PORTYS WITH HIGH PRESS PUMPS ETC FOR YEARS PAUL THE ECLIPSE THINY IS NOTHING NEW

The eclipse offers 18" of lift compared to 14" on a prochem everest truckmount.FACT

cleaning co

« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2005, 07:53:47 am »
well if thats a fact then every one who has paid £10,000 plus for a tm has been mugged och!!!  :o

Mike Halliday

« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2005, 07:59:23 am »
is that at the machine or 100ft away through 1.5inch vac hose ::) I could continue typing and saying why Steve statement is totally misleading but we are all clever enough to know the science of lift & airflow ;)

and A t/m is'nt just about the vac power

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

stevegunn

« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2005, 08:16:13 am »
These threads are becoming very boring t/m v porty we all know they both have their place in the market place, as do lm systems. But someone who has spent 10000 on a t/m would not admit to making a mistake in buying one. The same for a porty user trying to justify why they have not got a t/m. The likes of John Bolton, Derek Bolton and Ken Wainwright all use portables and have successful businesses have these fellas got it wrong??   

Steve Weatherley

« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2005, 08:27:19 am »
Len

I did not receive the pm with the address
Go to the cleantalk website and check you pm's

I think Steve Gunn has summed it well though - if at the end of the day we provide a professional service to the customer and are happy with our equipment  ;D then all is fine.

Len Gribble

« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2005, 09:15:21 am »
Steve

My apologises, that site doesn’t flag you, will keep an eye out in the future. But you are still welcome to have ago.

TM, are a very useful tool for flood work, that’s what paid for mine!

Anyway must go and dust off the Ninja got 3 days of commercial work, don’t you just love empty offices 2nd floor, could use TM but noise issue.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

paul@ctcs

« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2005, 09:24:30 am »
Cleaning co,

You need to calm down mate!! Of course a TM has more power but 900 psi on tap and many carpets dry within the hour speaks for itself.

Paul

cleaning co

« Reply #71 on: March 07, 2005, 10:37:53 am »
lol  blah blah lol ;D

paul@ctcs

« Reply #72 on: March 07, 2005, 10:56:19 am »
Good reply ;D.................Not!!

cleaning co

« Reply #73 on: March 07, 2005, 11:15:04 am »
lol  paul  shall we call it a day on this subject and be freinds? :D please hugs n cuddles ;)

paul@ctcs

« Reply #74 on: March 07, 2005, 11:21:36 am »
Its a deal :-* :)

Paul

GreenGlides

« Reply #75 on: March 07, 2005, 12:59:32 pm »
Ah yes....It's good to see the same endless banter goes on here as well as on the Yanks forums.

Green Yank
GREENIE

Mike Halliday

« Reply #76 on: March 07, 2005, 02:40:42 pm »
Steve you're rght someone who has spent £11k on a T/M would'nt be so stupid to admit it  was a mistake,

but ;) ;) ;)

why would they then go and buy another one, then another and then another!!

some people are on thier 6th-7th truckmount, why did'nt they go back to portables.

this is my last post on this subject, like you say its getting boring
Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Dave Parry

« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2005, 03:51:57 pm »
Buying outright is easy -- no holidays. Having posted about not using Ninja its just got an outing. My nephew froze his blazer t/m and borrowed it. Seems his extension lead got pulled out of the garage socket, only slightly but enough to cut the power. Luckily its just a gauge and engine sensor thats gone.
Bracknell, Berkshire,
Phoenix T/M,
http://www.cleanercarpets.org/index.html

david_green

« Reply #78 on: March 07, 2005, 04:10:46 pm »
Hi

What about an accountant's perspective. Greater outlay and running cost must be justified not by how much more carpet can be cleaned but by how much the earning rate per hour is achieved.

I have noted truckmount users earning at £40 - 60 per hour this is also achievable with porty's.

The real point is: have truckmount users been able to increase their hourly rate when converting from portable????

David

paul_smith

« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2005, 04:46:10 pm »
When coverting from truckmount from porty i assume you would increase your prices to reflect the better end result achieved by truckmounts,before you choke what i mean by that is that you would sell to custard at higher price telling him he will get a better result,whether he gets a better result is another subject.
Also if you can work faster with a truckmount you will increase your hourly rate,ie porty takes 2 hours to do job that truckmount takes 1.5 hours both charge £60.00 therefore truckmount operator has increased his hourly rate without any price hike.
Cheers Paul