Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

carpetclean

Re: Truckmount?
« Reply #120 on: December 03, 2006, 07:33:14 pm »
Just out of interest could you tm boys just answer the following for me:

1. What do you do if you cant park right outside the custys address?

2. Is there any security issues with your van being wide open?

I am seriously considering upgrading, it is these points that are putting me off.

Thanks Dan

1  as i explained in a previous post there are  ways around this
2 security is not an issue as i lock the cab doors so unless someone is stealing chemicals
NCCA   IICRC

name peter reed

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #121 on: December 04, 2006, 07:36:33 am »
why do you leave the doors open apart from getting the pipe out  ? does it need the air to keep the truck mount cool ?

ive spook to my hubby who as his own spay shop and he as told me it will be a very easy job to make a small trap door in a rear door to poke the pipe out of and it wont look out of sight when painted and signed over would this work ?? 

sorry for being a pain just need to find out these things   :P

Liahona

« Reply #122 on: December 04, 2006, 08:18:23 am »
I feel it is not if the customer is happy or not with the work we do but rather are we happy? When I clean I leave the textile cleaned to the best that this industry has to offer. If I used any other system other than a truck mount (in normal situations) this would not be the case. If people were honest however good they think they are, I am sure they know they would get a better result if they were to use a truck mount. Why do you think when it comes to clean offs that portables arent there and neither are any dry systems. Having said that, I did do one where a dry system user turned up but very quickly decided not to be involved.Best, Dave.

the red carpet

« Reply #123 on: December 04, 2006, 10:53:49 pm »
1st clean, basically yes it will over heat

If hes really handy, and security is a issue you could get him to make a lockable metal grill/door, that could be locked but still let the air in whilst keeping anyone else out.

BRSL

« Reply #124 on: December 04, 2006, 11:07:28 pm »
Hydramster have fitted a couple of machines now that can be completely shut, fitted cooling units to the roof and fitted a hatch in floor very impressive and quiet, as for what when you cant get van close throw a couple more hoses on  ;)

James
W - www.brsl.co.nz
E - james@brsl.co.nz

Kind regards James C

Jeremy

« Reply #125 on: December 05, 2006, 05:02:34 am »
I assume that all the TM owners also have Porty's. I only use Porty's when I can't get access with the TM or when I have to split the teams up for different jobs (only have one TM).

Having said this, I get very nervous when the porty's are onsite as I become very, very aware of the cleaning ability of the TM compared to the Porty.

From a security aspect. I live in Cape Town and security is a huge concern. for this reason, I had a trailer built so that I could lock my van (Also couldn't fit my Everest into the van).

Bottom line is that you still need Porty's with a TM. There is always a job that you may have to turn down because of access otherwise

« Reply #126 on: December 05, 2006, 12:58:44 pm »
James,

Have you any images of the Hydramaster vans with clased doors and cooling units.

DAz

BRSL

« Reply #127 on: December 05, 2006, 03:40:18 pm »
Darren

try asking Gly as he took loads of photo's of the Hydramaster open day, they had one there on display in the workshop.

James
W - www.brsl.co.nz
E - james@brsl.co.nz

Kind regards James C

Len Gribble

« Reply #128 on: December 06, 2006, 01:36:41 am »
Jeremy

(I assume that all the TM owners also have Porty's.)  Not the ones, who pass me, work! Don’t think they like money, or they maybe a snob. ;D

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

HolmansUKLTD

« Reply #129 on: December 08, 2006, 07:05:51 pm »
I have a TM now after using a Porty for 15years!  I still use the porty.... well my guy who helps me does all the niggely jobs with the Porty living in London you can have a few problems, but the tm blows the porty away speed wise its just soooo fast and dry (if you use it properely).

My next machine will be a TM also but in my area there will allways be a use for my beloved Steampro (arrrrhhhhh i hear you all say) ;D

Nick
Surreys No1 Carpet & Upholstery cleaner
Surreys No1 Dart player
IICRC water restoration Technician

Steve Chapman

« Reply #130 on: December 08, 2006, 07:59:00 pm »
yesterday i had to use my porty for the first time since i got the t/m two months ago, and to be honest i'd forgot how much i loved using it :)

Obviously there's no comparison in power or effectiveness to the t/m and wouldn't give it up for anything ;D

But armed with them both i feel adequately tooled up for any job, there will always be one you cant do with the t/m but if you have the porty on  board it's never gonna be a problem ;)

regards
steve

gwrightson

« Reply #131 on: December 08, 2006, 08:50:17 pm »
i think this has ventured onto the "i have a t/m , i am better brigade"
shouldnt you all be boasting on the t/m board :)
Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Steve Chapman

« Reply #132 on: December 08, 2006, 11:44:55 pm »
for the record, i don't think having a t/m is a necessity to run a successful business and think many will be happy to carry on using their portable if that does the job for them!

The point of my comments was to say i don't think portys are rubbish just because i own a t/m now, in some cases they are still more ideal,

e.g I do some work inside prisons and a t/m in a vehicle is not allowed for security reasons so i am forced to do the job with the porty which i'm happy to do,

still earning me money ;)

still can't deny the fact that they are so mouch more powerful tho ;)

regards
steve

david holland

« Reply #133 on: December 09, 2006, 05:25:25 am »
whats a truckmount ?

« Reply #134 on: December 09, 2006, 09:23:05 am »
Its the machine that's at the end of your hose Dave.
You know the one you use on Channel 4's How Clean Is Your House.

Tut Tut  ::)

Now get out of that  ::)

P.S Did you sell your 3.2 you had for sale a while back

david holland

« Reply #135 on: December 09, 2006, 03:02:39 pm »
hi Dave , hope your well - oh is that the technical name for them - only known them as a "GOB & SUCK" !!!

cleaning co

« Reply #136 on: December 09, 2006, 03:09:19 pm »
thought a truck was another term for lorry ? so how many of u truckmountes drive a lorry then?  lol u just bigging yoursels up lol

john rees

« Reply #137 on: December 10, 2006, 08:31:51 am »
don't buy one! terrible waste of time and money!I bought one to save me time so I could spend more time with my daughter as I'm a single dad, but it brought in too much work, then I ended up buying another one and having to employ someone too! it's a hard life! ;D

All the best
                                                                     John
john

HolmansUKLTD

« Reply #138 on: December 10, 2006, 10:06:12 am »
 ;D
Surreys No1 Carpet & Upholstery cleaner
Surreys No1 Dart player
IICRC water restoration Technician

COLIN BRIGHT

« Reply #139 on: December 11, 2006, 06:30:23 pm »
Going T/M in 2007 and can't wait
after using a porty for a few years, i feel now is the right time to up grade
i've done the sums with my accountant and we both feel that this move will significantly improve my bottom line profits as well as increase capacity
so roll on 2007 and 

Happy Xmas Everyone