This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

peter holley

Re: my first water bill
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2008, 04:41:29 pm »
ok just phoned dwr cymru ,(welsh water) they said that even though i was taking the water off the premises , it was still going down the customers waste, and so therefore the sewage charge still applies,  :(she was very helpfull and said if i could come back to her with evidence from other wc in britain who had adiscount for sewage then she would look into it!

darrenbale

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2008, 04:42:50 pm »
well thats crap, surely whichever customers drain it goes down is paying sewerage charges as well. so in effect the water company is charging twice for the disposal of the same water.
"for all your cleaning needs"
Fresh Cleaning Solutions Ltd

peter holley

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2008, 05:17:16 pm »
well thats crap, surely whichever customers drain it goes down is paying sewerage charges as well. so in effect the water company is charging twice for the disposal of the same water.

thats what i told them :(

the clean team

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2008, 05:55:44 pm »
THERE IS A LITTLE RUBBER WASHER IN THE METER IF YOU POP THAT OUT AND LEAVE IT NEXT TO THE METER IT CUTS YOUR WATER BILL IN HALF .A MATE OF MINE WORKS FOR THEM THATS WHAT HE TOLD ME TO DO

steven ainger

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2008, 08:57:31 pm »
time to start collecting rainwater, save yourself a fortune.

peter holley

« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2008, 09:10:36 pm »
THERE IS A LITTLE RUBBER WASHER IN THE METER IF YOU POP THAT OUT AND LEAVE IT NEXT TO THE METER IT CUTS YOUR WATER BILL IN HALF .A MATE OF MINE WORKS FOR THEM THATS WHAT HE TOLD ME TO DO

mmmmmm ::) the ground workers actualy showed me how to unscrew the meter and put a replacement in ..(that is the cap that was there prior to the meter) it takes literally just a muinit to do this .. just unscrew the meter and screw on the cap ::)
its very tempting , all you have to do is  change over inbetween the meter being read.... its easy ...the only problem is my CONSIENCE ??? i sometimes wish i didnt have one....

seandyer2003

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2008, 12:37:04 pm »

mmmmmm ::) the ground workers actualy showed me how to unscrew the meter and put a replacement in ..(that is the cap that was there prior to the meter) it takes literally just a muinit to do this .. just unscrew the meter and screw on the cap ::)
its very tempting , all you have to do is  change over inbetween the meter being read.... its easy ...the only problem is my CONSIENCE ??? i sometimes wish i didnt have one....

Ive got a friend who has rewired has elecy meter through a 100 amp fuse and bypassed meter, with a switch on as well so it can go through every no and again, saves a fortune but i wouldnt want the worry, imagine the ball ache if you get caught, you will owe money to them forever !! Plus maybe even a criminal record, who needs that hassle for a few quid a month

Paul Coleman

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2008, 10:32:38 pm »

Ive got a friend who has rewired has elecy meter through a 100 amp fuse and bypassed meter, with a switch on as well so it can go through every no and again, saves a fortune but i wouldnt want the worry, imagine the ball ache if you get caught, you will owe money to them forever !! Plus maybe even a criminal record, who needs that hassle for a few quid a month

I knew a guy who used to switch off his gas supply, undo the meter at both ends, then re-fit it back to front so it ran backwards.  The dials were facing the wall so he even set up a mirror behind it so he could read it.  He told me that they came to read it once so he had to fob them off by saying the owner was away.  He had overdone it so what he had to do was turn the meter the right way round and put all the heating on and the cooker gas rings for a few days to give a positive reading.  It was the height of a very hot Summer.  Don't try this at home.

HIGH LEVEL WINDOW CLEANERS (scrimmy)

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2008, 07:35:27 pm »
awite taffy lad....so u av been hiding in the labrythinth wot is commonly called CIU.....here take a hold of this rope lad...we will rescue you.......thats it stretch, you can do it. :D....just one more step. ::)

peter holley

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2008, 07:57:42 pm »
awite taffy lad....so u av been hiding in the labrythinth wot is commonly called CIU.....here take a hold of this rope lad...we will rescue you.......thats it stretch, you can do it. :D....just one more step. ::)

lol scrimm  ::) yes ! please help  ???

HIGH LEVEL WINDOW CLEANERS (scrimmy)

« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2008, 07:59:04 pm »
darn the rope slipped taffy lad......sorry you is now in the abyss.......is it hot down there? ;D ;D ;D