This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

peter holley

my first water bill
« on: November 06, 2008, 05:25:22 pm »
i had my first water bill today, i  moved house in july, and my new is on a water metre (new property), i use 400 ltres a day and i have an ro system....anyway for a three month period my bill is £405 :o :o :o

i expected it to be high but not that high.... >:(

trike

Re: my first water bill
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 05:31:30 pm »
its it true if you move and there is a water meter it can not be turned back,im paying 240 every three months on payment card.im using 250lts a day

jonisondell

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 05:36:21 pm »
someonetold me that you could get a reduction, because you are taking the water away and not putting it down the drains thus not processing it, have looked at my waterboard but not found out yet sounds plausable

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 05:42:01 pm »
someonetold me that you could get a reduction, because you are taking the water away and not putting it down the drains thus not processing it, have looked at my waterboard but not found out yet sounds plausable

yes you can, as the water is not being disposed of down your drain so you shouldn;t be paying for sewerage. Best thing to do it get a water meter on the outside tap (or wherever you take your water from) and phone the water company to ask about how you claim the money back..

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 07:04:36 pm »
Only true if you're using DI alone.  If it's RO then there is the flush water going down the drain and you can only claim for the water you actually carry away with you - difficult to prove!!

Your charge works out at about £6.75 a day. Put it down to business and record it in your accounts

LWC

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 07:30:22 pm »
so glad ive got my own water supply out in the country

ftp

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008, 07:33:04 pm »
Is that a typical figure? Are you all paying over £400?

LWC

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2008, 07:34:23 pm »
Is that a typical figure? Are you all paying over £400?

mines free

sorry not helpful

ftp

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2008, 07:40:23 pm »
Only true if you're using DI alone.  If it's RO then there is the flush water going down the drain and you can only claim for the water you actually carry away with you - difficult to prove!!

Your charge works out at about £6.75 a day. Put it down to business and record it in your accounts

The windowcleaning side will be less than this 'cos your paying your normal rates as well. (just don't fill the swimming pool up for a while}

davids3511

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2008, 07:48:08 pm »
I spoke to United Utilities in the North West asking if I could have a second water meter and a reduction as it should not be classed as sewage and I was told to get stuffed, they did not  offer anything.

jonisondell

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2008, 09:36:49 pm »
6.75 per pay cant be right, 1 cubic metre  of water works out to be 89 pence sothern water rates, roughly 1000 litres i think 6000 litres cant be right

peter holley

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2008, 10:43:08 pm »
i'm calling them  tomorrow to nsee if i can get a discount as the water doesnt go back into the sewage, if they dont play ball iv got another plan ::)

geefree

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2008, 10:44:54 pm »
i'm calling them tomorrow to nsee if i can get a discount as the water doesnt go back into the sewage, if they dont play ball iv got another plan ::)

you moving in with LWC lol.?

peter holley

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2008, 10:48:24 pm »
 ;D

LWC

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2008, 11:04:53 pm »
we have a flowing river deep deep down underneath us and our bore hole is great for muchous free water

if i was you id get some sort of rain water system setup on your gutters

www.alternativetechnology.info/3pfilter.htm

Tosh

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2008, 11:06:20 pm »
i had my first water bill today, i  moved house in july, and my new is on a water metre (new property), i use 400 ltres a day and i have an ro system....anyway for a three month period my bill is £405 :o :o :o

Mike 108, a friend of mine does something called 'rain water harvesting'.  I know next to nothing about it, but Jeff B does it also too; he's got an in-depth post on the DIY forum about it.  Basically it's about collecting rainwater (which has a low TDS) and putting it through a filter or something.

Anyway, Mike 108 says it's great; though I didn't really ask him much about it.

Sorry I can't help more; I'm not on a water meter so haven't taken much of an interest in it.  But there is an alternative way of making pure water from rain.  I don't think it's a major trauma to do either.

RSWindows

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2008, 11:13:19 pm »

Thank feck i live in Scotland!! :-\

RO-Sheen

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2008, 11:37:09 pm »
I use similar amounts, About 350 lts a day on average and my bill is £28 per month. I live in a 4 year old house (metered) and been wfp for 2.5 years. Supplied by thames water. That works out at £84 per quarter.
Are you sure your bill is right? Hope yours is wrong and not mine!!! :-\
Formerly known as GARGAAX

Rogue Trader

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2008, 01:57:51 am »
I use similar amounts, About 350 lts a day on average and my bill is £28 per month. I live in a 4 year old house (metered) and been wfp for 2.5 years. Supplied by thames water. That works out at £84 per quarter.
Are you sure your bill is right? Hope yours is wrong and not mine!!! :-\

i think your bill is wrong! I use 500ltrs per day and pay £800ish per year.

pardu

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2008, 05:30:59 am »
why not make an arrangement with a custy who isent on a meater ?...Ie clean thwre windows for free or something...? any thing... just a thought''