This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

collins82002

W/C software
« on: November 04, 2008, 04:11:34 pm »
Hi All,

Don't wanna sound tight but Is there any free programs for keeping up with customers,  schedules etc any thing similar to that george program i've heard about.  If not whats the recommended programs and how much££.

Cheers

p1w1

Re: W/C software
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 04:27:33 pm »
To be honest for £50 george will save you lots of time and is worth the money there is a free trail for george and window cleaner pro as these seem to be the main 2 programs so it doesn't cost you anything to try them you can then see what is best for you. If you want something simple and basic but does about everthing you need then george is the cheaper option as i think wcp is about £130 plus..

paul

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 04:35:30 pm »
I would reccomend www.windowcleanerpro.com yes it's £159 which includes the vat, it makes paper work and time spend minimal, the updates are fast and the guy listens to his customers and acts on the should there be something that needs adding.

Dont scrimp on one of the main things on your business, I did for too long, I tried George and a few others but wcp all the way for me.

Ian

George Systems

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 04:47:39 pm »
Hi

As Paul said, try them both and see which one you prefer.

Paul

Steve CM

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 04:52:57 pm »
george is fine and cheaper!

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 04:54:50 pm »
I agree with windowwashers 100%

WCP all the way for me..

however, never used George, but have used a few free ones... you get what you pay for!!

Dont think of the cost - think of the benefits its brings to you, you can cut costs elsewhere!

Steve CM

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2008, 04:56:59 pm »
what real benefits are there from george over WCP?

George Systems

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2008, 05:00:18 pm »

Hi

I think you meant that the other way round?

WCP is 3 times the price of George, the Internet Backup is 5 times the price and I haven't heard of anything it does that George doesn't.

But I haven't seen it so I can't really comment.

Paul

Steve CM

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2008, 05:06:02 pm »
I think you meant that the other way round?

lets not get picky  ;)

the only real plus for either of these programs to me will be customizing what i want my employees to see. but neither of them offer this. other than that george is just fine for me.

what real benifit is WCP for the money?

oh i do prefer the interface on WCP but it ain't worth the extra cash though ;)

George Systems

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2008, 05:11:04 pm »
Hi

You can hide the Job prices in George...

Paul

Steve CM

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2008, 05:12:27 pm »
Hi

Paul

thats the bit i need to keep ;) i'm not happy sending out my guys with all my customers details. all i want is address, amount, debt and additional notes if needed. I don't want them having the full contact details for obvious reasons ;)

Steve CM

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2008, 05:13:27 pm »
also hiding commercial prices and not domestic. if you had a simple cutomize window to tick what you want to actually print out it would be handy ;)

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2008, 05:43:57 pm »
Hi

Paul
you can i wcp, I know what Steve means though, and I agree with him

dave0123

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2008, 06:01:43 pm »
i'm not happy sending out my guys with all my customers details

you can also add notes and choose if u want to print them on worksheet or keep for personal office use i think.
Dave.

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2008, 06:04:47 pm »
i'm not happy sending out my guys with all my customers details

you can also add notes and choose if u want to print them on worksheet or keep for personal office use i think.
correct you can

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2008, 06:11:44 pm »
Hi

Paul

thats the bit i need to keep ;) i'm not happy sending out my guys with all my customers details. all i want is address, amount, debt and additional notes if needed. I don't want them having the full contact details for obvious reasons ;)

You would only need to request such a feature with WCP, the updates are that well introduced. Of course the harder ones to implement will take longer. Its probably not been requested before? so not introduced.

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2008, 06:14:04 pm »
Hi

Paul

You would only need to request such a feature with WCP, the updates are that well introduced. Of course the harder ones to implement will take longer. Its probably not been requested before? so not introduced.
it has been requested  ;) and will be done, and your right it takes time

Steve CM

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2008, 06:27:25 pm »
so can anyone actually list what WCP has over george? do they have spec sheets or anything??

Paul Coleman

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2008, 06:33:43 pm »
Hi All,

Don't wanna sound tight but Is there any free programs for keeping up with customers,  schedules etc any thing similar to that george program i've heard about.  If not whats the recommended programs and how much££.

Cheers

A lot of answers but you have asked for a free one and no-one has answered that bit.
Computers often come with a free suite of an office program (usually MS Works).  If you know how to or are prepared to do a bit of learning, it is perfectly possible to keep a decent system with word processor, database, and spreadsheet.  I've had a try at George and WCPro (though to be honest, I didn't persevere) and I found it easier to sort it all out with Works.  It's not for everybody though.
The support for both George and WCPro is excellent.  However, I would feel a bit uneasy that both programs seem to rely on their authors remaining in good health (and I hope they do for many years to come).  At least with a more widely used program that you adapt, there is a much wider support network out there.  In compiling my database, I went onto usenet a couple of times for formulas.  So I suppose it's swings and roundabouts really.  I accept that most people prefer software that is tailor made more specifically for their own profession and, at £50 and £159, the two mentioned are a steal IMO.  Great value.  But if you want free, don't expect a program that is W/C specific.  Expect to have to do some work yourself which can mean having to do a bit more with the nuts and bolts of a supplied program.

Bobs Window Cleaning

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2008, 06:37:29 pm »
George all the way for most  window cleaners.

George £50 and £12 per year for monthly backups
WCP £199 oops £159(very suspicious) and £5 per month for backups.

No brainer to me :D
Why oh Why did he spell my name as bod & not bob on my wedding invites.