This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

martinsadie

CAN I ASK YOU A SILLY QUESTION
« on: October 14, 2008, 06:56:54 pm »
As i came down my ladder a woman stopped and said "can i ask you a silly question,are you a proper window cleaner", yes i replied "can you clean my windows please",i said you have a cleaner, she says "i sacked him a few months ago he had a brush on a stick and they were always streaky afterwards". well normally i wouldnt clean on anothers patch but since this fellow has told his customers ladders are illeagle i will be doing them since im a proper w/c,  6 of his other customers have asked my mate to clean thiers as well so he must be a bad one

EVER CLEAN

Re: CAN I ASK YOU A SILLY QUESTION
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 06:59:46 pm »
or is it that trad window cleaners leave a much better finish than wfp ers..??
service with a shine !

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 07:01:14 pm »
Fair play to you Stan. ;)

I got plenty of jobs of the wfp'ers around here for the same reasons when I was trad.

I still lose some myself to trad cleaners from time to time.

clean

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 07:01:55 pm »
Yes Stan it`s a case of "the wrong tool in the wrong hands",
weather you are a trad or a wfp window cleaner you ain`t necessarily going to do a good job with either method unless "you" are any good,
 ;)

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 07:04:43 pm »
Yes Stan it`s a case of "the wrong tool in the wrong hands",
weather you are a trad or a wfp window cleaner you ain`t necessarily going to do a good job with either method unless "you" are any good,
 ;)

Exactly, a case of having no idea how to use his pole correctly :P

WCE

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 07:07:41 pm »
All is ok until you fall off your ladder and break your leg! Seriously Stan, Yes the operator didn't know what he was doing but do we have to start this debate again? Everyone knows that WFP is the superior method ;)
WCE- For Windows that shine everytime!

EVER CLEAN

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2008, 07:11:11 pm »
bull..... i use both and find trad much much better... and the custys prefere it
service with a shine !

EVER CLEAN

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2008, 07:12:27 pm »
the only people who say wfp is better are the people who cant clean a window properly, however wfp does have its uses
service with a shine !

R-CLEAN

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2008, 07:12:47 pm »
its the same both ways i've picked up quite a bit work using wfp because we don't go on there gutters and roofs or damage window cills etc the list goes on.

Kevin R

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2008, 07:12:53 pm »
bull..... i use both and find trad much much better... and the custys prefere it

Tried hot wfp? Much better than cold wfp?

EVER CLEAN

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2008, 07:14:36 pm »
tried hot coffee much better than cold coffee
service with a shine !

Londoner

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2008, 07:14:46 pm »
You just have to accept that some customers don't like WFP, just like some people don't like other things in life but fortunately if you look at the bigger picture you will see that enough do like it or couldn't actually care less.

I am in business to make money. End of story.

EVER CLEAN

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2008, 07:16:25 pm »
AMEN
service with a shine !

mistersqueegee

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2008, 07:20:46 pm »
It all boils down to being willing to try new things. In the construction trades a carpenter who refuses to use a pneumatic nail gun because he prefers the hammer is at a disadvantage. Now the nail gun can't be used in all situations but by not using it you loose revenue.
It's the same w/ wfp. On some jobs I can't use it, but when I can it always makes me more money and the results are better because I clean the frames as well. As professionals we learn to discern which method works on various situations. ;)

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2008, 07:23:16 pm »
Most of my customers dont bat an eyelid to which way it gets done, and most say, so longs as its clean i dont care.

The only people i do trad for is the oldies, i cant be bothered too, or explain to them how it works, as they just wont accept it (probably too set in their ways - however u may get some oldies that like and accept new technology). Most of them live in bungalows anyway, so im not bothered.

You will find that if you do it properly (wfp) it does give a better clean once dry, and it stays cleaner after it rains! (which i always tell my custies and i have seen the proof with my own windows), but many people dont want their cleaned windows left wet.

horses for courses as they say.

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2008, 07:24:56 pm »
i quite like the frapps they have in greece ,basically cold coffee with ice in

they have them here too  :o   ::)

elite mike

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2008, 07:25:30 pm »
It all boils down to being willing to try new things. In the construction trades a carpenter who refuses to use a pneumatic nail gun because he prefers the hammer is at a disadvantage. Now the nail gun can't be used in all situations but by not using it you loose revenue.
It's the same w/ wfp. On some jobs I can't use it, but when I can it always makes me more money and the results are better because I clean the frames as well. As professionals we learn to discern which method works on various situations. ;)

tony is bang on there

do both ,you will not go far wrong

WCE

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2008, 07:28:11 pm »
All is ok until you fall off your ladder and break your leg! Seriously Stan, Yes the operator didn't know what he was doing but do we have to start this debate again? Everyone knows that WFP is the superior method ;)
women who spoke to me today doesnt think so  ;D
Ah but when you fall off your ladder you wont be so cocky ;) Some accidents cant happen on the ground. Also you may think it's great but she wants to pay you same  (at most) money that she would pay a wfper. The risks involved for you are far greater than mine. There is no chance in me falling 15ft and breaking my leg. Who is the fool? IMO you, why take the more risks for no reward? Dose not make sense to me.

WCE

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2008, 07:30:18 pm »
i quite like the frapps they have in greece ,basically cold coffee with ice in

they have them here too  :o   ::)
where ?

Haha ;D ;D ;D ;D That p*s*s*d on your bonfire ;D ;D ;D ;D

pjulk

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2008, 07:31:58 pm »
Maybe this guy was just rubbish at his job or maybe she didn't like the windows being left wet.

I know some customer would prefer a finished job. IE dried

Some people im sure think that if you leave the windows wet you have not done the job properly.