This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

clean

Re: Gone back to ladders
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2008, 08:07:10 pm »
Hmmmmmmm now where have i read this -
"no risk or damage from ladders"
"no soapy residue"
"more privacy"
 :P 

pjulk

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2008, 08:11:43 pm »
He he

Maybe i will have to change the site a bit but as i no longer take anymore domestics on won't have to change a great deal.

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2008, 08:16:21 pm »
I knew before i posted this people will say stuff like safety and that.

I have been window cleaning 21 years and have never had a fall.
You take risks in everything you do and using ladders i find is no more of a risk than anything else.

It the person who use's the ladder who is normally at fault when they fall.
I hope i never do fall but you never know but its a small risk worth taking.

There are also risks with WFP trip and slip hazards, electrocution,

The Electric Window Cleaner -Said
Paul,
Please keep us updated on your progress with the ladders as we hear of people that go back to using them then never hear anything again......

Yes i will gladly keep you updated
Fair play for you to go back to ladders, but to say it is a small risk falling from a ladder you clearly have not come off (and I hope you dont) Ladder fall from the top you will be lucky to get away with only a broken bone hopefully not your back (like a m8 of mine that was 21) or 2 you know the other thing that can and does happen, so really ladders are not safe even if the user is experienced, I too have never had a fall (touch wood) nor do I want to have that risk every 10 mins 20 times day day, this is why I went to wfp. I am not having a pop at you in anyway, but just making it clear that ladders are dangerous even in the experienced hands, only the lucky get away without a fall because an accident is an accident at the end of the day and nobody goes out with a ladder to fall off..

I am ranting now so I will stop.

Hope all goes well with what ever you do anyway ;)

Ian

bigsi41

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2008, 08:29:24 pm »
I have picked up so many new domestic accounts from unhappy wfp customers !    Lets be realistic here , on commercial high reach  wfp is the king of kings ! ,  but for domestic trad is the best by a huge mile .

pjulk

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2008, 08:31:50 pm »
Completely agree with both statements

matt

« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2008, 08:39:35 pm »
but ladders are illegal

and you cannot earn 500 quid a day

bigsi41

« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2008, 08:39:49 pm »
Just last week a customer informed me and his two neighbours would no longer require my services as they would be having their windows cleaned by a wfp operative numpty !    He was going to clean the properties for half the ammount I was charging (  At least Dick Turpin wore a mask ) He would also as a bonus give them the 2nd clean free !!!   Got a call from a rather bashful ex customer asking if I was the forgiving sort ?

« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2008, 08:45:22 pm »
I have picked up so many new domestic accounts from unhappy wfp customers !    Lets be realistic here , on commercial high reach  wfp is the king of kings ! ,  but for domestic trad is the best by a huge mile .
I do agree a little, but the short of it WFP is not for everone, as some just cant do it, pure and simple and thats not pointing a finger at anyone, I was trad for years so have been there done it, I am not wfp and do ok for myself, and I have lost a few customers because of it but atthe same time I have picked up work from trad cleaners as they just cant do what I can.

So swings and round abouts, I can do both so I am happy.

and I say again, good on you for going back to ladders many would have just quit.

Ian

peter holley

« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2008, 08:48:14 pm »

i hsavnt lost any custies to trad cleaners! i have been a wc for 17 yrs...and from a lot of info i have gathered on here , i was earning a very well on ladders....but since i have been wfp i have doubled the size of my round and i work less hours....i am at less risk, MOST IMPORTANTLY!

if you were to ask any of my custies why they would choose me over a cheaper price, or a trad cleaner , the answer would be , that i am reliable, and they wouldnt want to risk losing me!

i dont care what method the customer prefers... i will provide the safest method ::)

pjulk

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2008, 08:51:02 pm »

and I say again, good on you for going back to ladders many would have just quit.

Ian

Thankyou Ian

I nearly did quit i can use a WFP and the results i get are excellent but i just don't like it and my hearts not in it.
Im now happy again and thats all that matters.

pjulk

« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2008, 08:52:34 pm »
Matt said -
but ladders are illegal

and you cannot earn 500 quid a day

he he

No you are right though i can only manage £490  ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2008, 08:52:53 pm »

Ian

Thankyou Ian

I nearly did quit i can use a WFP and the results i get are excellent but i just don't like it and my hearts not in it.
Im now happy again and thats all that matters.
Fully understand m8, and good on you for sticking with it, I cant go back for other reasons, if your heart is not there then I know full well what you mean.

Ian

p.s your welcome  ;)

birdymiller

« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2008, 09:01:40 pm »
I dont understand all this doubled the amount off work i do and work less hours since switching to wfp. I wfp the upstairs because if is safer than using ladders and trad downstairs because it saves water. Any time saving is lost when i have to return to van and fill up or re-tread the path i have already taken to do downstairs. Even if i wfp up and down i doubt i could be twice as fast after moving van, reeling, unreeling. Maybe i was too fast at trad. After my initial wrong feeling about wfp, i am now happy and safer and would not go back to ladders. But the choice is yours mate good luck ;)

bigsi41

« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2008, 09:03:39 pm »
I have been racking my brain for an analogy !  If you had a rare classic car with a 5k paint jobv  would you (a) take it to tescos car wash ? or would you (b)  take it to a hand wash ( with real hands on chamois , touching the curves of your baby ) Answers on a postcard please LOL .

bigsi41

« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2008, 09:13:22 pm »
I have been racking my brain for an analogy !  If you had a rare classic car with a 5k paint jobv  would you (a) take it to tescos car wash ? or would you (b)  take it to a hand wash ( with real hands on chamois , touching the curves of your baby ) Answers on a postcard please LOL .

do it myself, wouldn't trust the muppets at the hand car wash!
What classic do you drive ?

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2008, 09:22:33 pm »
I knew before i posted this people will say stuff like safety and that.

I have been window cleaning 21 years and have never had a fall.
You take risks in everything you do and using ladders i find is no more of a risk than anything else.

Yes i will gladly keep you updated

There is one other risk of using ladders/wfp  that most people dont appreciate until they get there. Thats the risk of permanent dammage to your skeleton which is only percieved backwards. ie only when you realise that you have for instance permanent arthritis/RSI etc.

peter holley

« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2008, 09:32:59 pm »
I dont understand all this doubled the amount off work i do and work less hours since switching to wfp. I wfp the upstairs because if is safer than using ladders and trad downstairs because it saves water. Any time saving is lost when i have to return to van and fill up or re-tread the path i have already taken to do downstairs. Even if i wfp up and down i doubt i could be twice as fast after moving van, reeling, unreeling. Maybe i was too fast at trad. After my initial wrong feeling about wfp, i am now happy and safer and would not go back to ladders. But the choice is yours mate good luck ;)

youve just quoted me... let me explain!   because i am quicker and safer wfp, i have more ambitions and enthusiasm, and more energy, and so because i now enjoy my job i have greatly increased (doubled ) my round.....and because i have much more work , i now have the courage to charge a lot more because i can afford to, so whilst i dont literally do twice as much work, i can charge more because i dont need to be cheap to get more work...
as for speed i would say 1 man wfp = 2 men on ladders on my type or work which is mostly large domestic. ;)

LWC

« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2008, 09:37:12 pm »
going back to ladders?...sod that

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2008, 09:53:47 pm »
 ;D well its nice to see at last some of you are waking up to the mass marketing of wfp ::) its not all best thing since sliced bread :o ;D just making some fat cats richer ::) when the job can be done hands on or with a normal pole ;D ladders are not banned certain people want them,that would make them even richer ::) :o :P well the justification goes on Trad or wfp ???

must add rather use a pole myself,but wfp ??? ::)
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

Bobs Window Cleaning

« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2008, 09:55:30 pm »
Whatever suits you mate ;)

I sometimes think all us wfp only guys wonder "what if"

bob
Why oh Why did he spell my name as bod & not bob on my wedding invites.