This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

geefree

Re: Gone back to ladders
« Reply #140 on: November 30, 2008, 11:21:01 pm »
now now boys... people will start talking  ;)

gary999

« Reply #141 on: November 30, 2008, 11:33:44 pm »
Best looking WC you`ll ever know. ;D

obviously not a lot of mirrors in vlads house ;D

simonwonder

« Reply #142 on: December 01, 2008, 11:30:44 am »
well done paul
same here
lost lots of clients due to wfp now trying to re build a round on the basis of better clean done trad
will be a lot of fun

weetot

« Reply #143 on: December 02, 2008, 08:25:12 pm »
The problem  with TRAD is you become too complacent in where you put the ladders, 'cos they were safe there last time i cleaned this house' Different day drier or wetter, 25 years experience  and 2x 2inch screws in me leg tells me its complacency. Doesnt matter how long youve done the job.
WFP has got to be the future, cos if its not my 9 year old daughters going to grow up without her dad!

Unless I get a job in an office (but then I'll probably get office sickness). .......Laters
Never take financial advice from people who have no money!

NWH

« Reply #144 on: December 02, 2008, 08:28:37 pm »
I find the more people you talk to these days about WC it`s surprising how many know about WFP,someone said to me last week i saw a WC and do you know he still climbs a ladder why hasn`t he got one of those pole thingys.

NWH

« Reply #145 on: December 02, 2008, 08:38:06 pm »
Yeah well he`s in the minority or can`t be bothered to improve his earnings or life.

s.hughes

« Reply #146 on: December 02, 2008, 11:18:25 pm »
I,ve had wfp diy trolley for about 3 years and I still do most my work trad, infact 90% is still trad. Every1 on here said that I would soon change over when I'm up and running with wfp but I never have. I only use it on the hard to reach windows and even then it has to pay well to make it worth it. I also couldnt be bothered with a van

Steve

simonwonder

« Reply #147 on: December 03, 2008, 12:34:52 am »
done wfp 3 vans got bigger every time
now owe £9k on a van worth £4k and have sold all wfp equipment
gone back to trad have re aligned pricing and have  picked up 6 new clients because of the change back
hoping to get help from family with the van defeceit and move forward with another vehicle 
will be bought and paid for .
aiming for total of 500 new clients next year
hopefully this can all gel in the fullness of time
in my opinion the clients love trad more than they love their family in some cases
lets hope so for my sake

AuRavelling79

« Reply #148 on: December 03, 2008, 09:01:29 am »
gone back to trad have re aligned pricing and have  picked up 6 new clients because of the change back
hoping to get help from family with the van defeceit and move forward with another vehicle 
in my opinion the clients love trad more than they love their family in some cases
lets hope so for my sake

Ever been to one of those preserved steam railways? - I love 'em! All the "anoraks" like me and the older generation bringing back happy steam filled memories... All these lines are predominantly run by enthusiastic volunteers who love every minute of being there.

But the real railway world progresses towards 175mph intercity electric trains and takes you from London to Bristol in less than 90 minutes. I know - commuting trains get crowded but that's because more and more people want to use them. Not perfect but useful to the majority.

There's room for both - but the world moves on and the prudent and wise, will IMHO stay with wfp until something better comes along. Notice how more are going "hot"? -  that's my next move.

Let the trad. boys enjoy the mental security of their "world" while we wfp'ers enjoy the physical and financial security of ours. I just encourage newbies to go straight to wfp while learning trad. methods for windows they can reach while standing on the ground. If only because it's the safest and again IMO the safest in regard to legislative and insurance issues.
It's a game of three halves!

Paul Coleman

« Reply #149 on: December 03, 2008, 09:04:54 am »
WFP has been around long enough now and about 9 in 10 WC`s can`t be wrong,if people still want to use a ladder let em.If they wine when they fall off it will fall on deaf ears.
round here its 1 in 10 wfp,perhaps our trad guys cant be wrong  ;D

Like that around my way too but WFP is slowly increasing in percentage of users I think.

s.hughes

« Reply #150 on: December 03, 2008, 09:09:00 am »
lets hope so for my sake

Ever been to one of those preserved steam railways? - I love 'em! All the "anoraks" like me and the older generation bringing back happy steam filled memories... All these lines are predominantly run by enthusiastic volunteers who love every minute of being there.

But the real railway world progresses towards 175mph intercity electric trains and takes you from London to Bristol in less than 90 minutes. I know - commuting trains get crowded but that's because more and more people want to use them. Not perfect but useful to the majority.

There's room for both - but the world moves on and the prudent and wise, will IMHO stay with wfp until something better comes along. Notice how more are going "hot"? - that's my next move.

Let the trad. boys enjoy the mental security of their "world" while we wfp'ers enjoy the physical and financial security of ours. I just encourage newbies to go straight to wfp while learning trad. methods for windows they can reach while standing on the ground. If only because it's the safest and again IMO the safest in regard to legislative and insurance issues.
True but I have fallen over my hose and slipped on water that has dripped

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #151 on: December 03, 2008, 09:21:16 am »
While I agree that ladders used correctly by an experienced operator pose only a very small risk, that risk is taken so often that it can't be ignored. I think it's more the context of the risk,.. the "I have to do this to feed my family" factor that helps ppl rationalise. The same risk factor in a different situation might make many ladder users think twice.

If I gave you a lifetimes supply of vitamin tablets, 1 a day for 50 years (18262 tablets) and told you just 1 randomly placed tablet was a deadly poison,.... would you take them? Even if the odds were 100 times better, would you take any chance like that if it wasn't for feeding your family?
The job can be done & the money earned without ladders. Not everyone falls,... but why take the chance?

seandyer2003

« Reply #152 on: December 03, 2008, 11:08:22 am »
so am i,totally happy trad earn enough and have happy life,had today off heavy snow ,probley tommorrow as well since its still here and freezing but not a problem,no stress  ;D

same here. cant be bothered to go out in -3 which is what it was an hour ago, i tried monday and wasnt too bad but its hard work......wfp would be worse?? cos you aint moving about as much?

s.hughes

« Reply #153 on: December 03, 2008, 04:24:51 pm »
No probs down here in Herts its been sunny all day.
I had a custy ask me to go back to trad. She is a really nice custy so I agreed but it have also put the price up to allow for it. I am in fact better off as it was hassle wfp for 1 house even though its a nice size

Steve

pjulk

« Reply #154 on: December 03, 2008, 06:06:35 pm »
Went out this morning WFP pump was froze.
Defrosted that with hot water bottle and 1 hour later working fine.
Got to the first job and the battery was flat on my system just a trickle and i charged the thing last night.

Anyway got my ladders off and worked from them and they didn't break down or anything.

I must removed my signwriting as it say ladderless window cleaning.
Well it was but i now spend a lot of time back on ladders.

weetot

« Reply #155 on: December 04, 2008, 07:44:55 pm »
Im going to invent a jet pack, to attach to a back pack, scrim, pole,brush, RO-DI, resin thingy majggy.

Ladders, WFP, whatever anyones happy with, as long as your happy..........Laters
Never take financial advice from people who have no money!