This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

LWC

opened up a biz account today (funny)
« on: September 03, 2008, 04:59:40 pm »
went through paper work bla bla bla

and she says, "right i need to just ask you about your buiness and how it works"

im like fine no problem

"so what do you actually do"
"clean windows"
"ok, and whats your name"
"ladderless window cleaner" **writes these details down**
"oh, ok...so how do you do it without ladders"
"well i use pure water and a water fed pole"
"ok" and is writing down whilst talking, "uses a water fed pole with soap and water"
im like "no...no soap just water"
"what do you mean"
"i use pure water there is no need for any soap"
"well how do you expect to clean the windows"
"with pure water bla bla bla"
"riiiiight (unbelieving). so do you use a little bit of soap to get them clean"
"no!"
"well how can they be clean?"

im like oh my god ive come in for an account probably earning you money for you to get all ratty with me about how i earn my money

"hmm ok, so how long on average does it take for you to clean a average size house"
"mmm 5 maybe 10 mins"
"WHAT! how do you clean them so fast"
"the pole system, its just quick"
she shakes her head..."so you dont use any soap and it takes about 5 mins to clean a house"
"yep"

wont be cleaning her windows if she asks!  ;D but i do now have a buisness account, how posh am i (yes i know most other people do)

"who do i make the cheque payable to"
"cash would be better as i get charged for cheques now" lol!
no seriously though "LWC please"

gonna sound ace  ;D

RO-Sheen

Re: opened up a biz account today (funny)
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 05:22:37 pm »
LWC  - Who are you banking with? If its a new account you should get 12 - 18 months free banking before they start charging you for cheques!! Most banks (if not all) offer this!
Formerly known as GARGAAX

LWC

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 05:23:28 pm »
LWC  - Who are you banking with? If its a new account you should get 12 - 18 months free banking before they start charging you for cheques!! Most banks (if not all) offer this!

yes 12 months first mate ;)

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 05:28:40 pm »
they were fine when i did mine

Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 05:37:19 pm »
Classic  ;D  ;D

Questioning you like that is rich coming from a bank when they keep your cheques for 5 days before releasing the funds. Think Id have asked her to consider if thats more mystifying than how long it takes to clean a set of windows.

jaykie

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 05:39:19 pm »
I think she asked you a few questions just to be nosey rather then what they actually needed to know, did you open the account as ladderless window cleaning or lwc as id rather beable for custys to send me cheques payable to rwc

Chris

simon123

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 05:39:50 pm »
Good thing with Barclays is , if you pay in any ammount of cheques , you can draw on them straight away !   Happy days  ;D
I am getting too old to be around people who  don't understand the concept of  loyalty and honesty.

dave0123

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 05:41:43 pm »
lol sounded like to were trying to borrow money not save it :o
Dave.

jaykie

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 05:44:17 pm »
Good thing with Barclays is , if you pay in any ammount of cheques , you can draw on them straight away !   Happy days  ;D

Not to sure about this unless you pay for it as i have Barclays and going to move over to co-op

Chris

garyj

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2008, 05:44:34 pm »
I don't normally post on this bit but was interested in what the girl at the bank said.
As I am not a window cleaner waterfed pure water pole system wouldn't mean anything to me either, I only know about it because I read this site. Wonder if it is worth changing your advertising as you could be losing customers through lack of understanding.

Just a thought, especially for the window cleaners with "Pure Water Cleaning" on their vans.

Should I go now  :-\ :'(

LWC

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2008, 05:56:44 pm »

LWC

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2008, 05:57:36 pm »
I think she asked you a few questions just to be nosey rather then what they actually needed to know, did you open the account as ladderless window cleaning or lwc as id rather beable for custys to send me cheques payable to rwc

Chris

opened it in ladderless window cleaner and asked if they could be made out to lwc and she said yep

steve a

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2008, 09:03:46 pm »
Mine is Ribbleton & district window cleaning company from way back in 1945 when my grandfather started it, big long names were the 'in' thing back then, now it's the shorter the better.

The thing is I never told the bank to accept any other names and they accept my own name, my company name , ribbleton window cleaning, ribbleton windows and just pain RDWC . So they are pretty amenable as to the cheques you put in.

The being able to draw on a cheque before it has cleared sound a little wrong to me, but you may pay for this service, I don't know.

Steve A

simon123

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2008, 09:11:52 pm »
Sorry I was wrong saying that ! It is up to the descetion of the branch , how much cash they will give you !  ;D
I am getting too old to be around people who  don't understand the concept of  loyalty and honesty.

ClearviewServices

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2008, 09:41:38 pm »

Simon123 you are right as my wife opened an account with them last week and they said you can draw on them straight away.

simon123

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2008, 09:44:56 pm »

Simon123 you are right as my wife opened an account with them last week and they said you can draw on them straight away.
Put a cheque in for £4500 and I cant touch it till friday !!!

ClearviewServices

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2008, 09:50:49 pm »
She was told as soon as the cheque is showing up on her account she can draw on it and cheques show up on her account the same day she pays them in.

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2008, 10:36:37 pm »
Good thing with Barclays is , if you pay in any ammount of cheques , you can draw on them straight away !   Happy days  ;D

???

Put a cheque in for £4500 and I cant touch it till friday !!!

Helen

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2008, 08:43:12 am »
I don't normally post on this bit but was interested in what the girl at the bank said.
As I am not a window cleaner waterfed pure water pole system wouldn't mean anything to me either, I only know about it because I read this site. Wonder if it is worth changing your advertising as you could be losing customers through lack of understanding.

Just a thought, especially for the window cleaners with "Pure Water Cleaning" on their vans.

As you said you are not a window cleaner  :) What do you do out of curiosity? Advertsing shows what you do, the explanation to the custies face to face gives the methods used.

seandyer2003

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2008, 10:20:24 am »

As you said you are not a window cleaner  :) What do you do out of curiosity? Advertsing shows what you do, the explanation to the custies face to face gives the methods used.

I think he is a carpet cleaner, looking at previous posts:)