This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

garyj

Re: opened up a biz account today (funny)
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2008, 10:55:40 am »
Main business is contract cleaning, which I hate.
Building up the carpet cleaning side as I enjoy it more, far less hassle for a start as I do it myself!!
My biggest interest is marketing, advertising and selling.
Sub-contract the windows out so know very little about it but obviously do notice window cleaning vans around with flashy signage and industry buzz words that mean little to Joe Public, I was just pointing that out  :-\
Have the same problem on carpet cleaning section where c/cleaners market to other carpet cleaners with our buzzwords like "micro splitters, truckmount, psi" etc  and not their target audience.

The explanation that LWC gave to the girl at the bank still left her confused and possibly lost a customer or more.

I am definitely off now  ;) :)

You stalking me Sean  :P ;D

seandyer2003

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2008, 11:02:20 am »
No mate, just wondered what you were if not a Window Cleaner:)  So what do you reckon would be a good way to explain it on a van then gary???

simon123

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2008, 11:06:15 am »
This is better than sex , reading these posts !  ;D
I am getting too old to be around people who  don't understand the concept of  loyalty and honesty.

garyj

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2008, 11:35:56 am »
I would just be promoting I am a window cleaner, I am reliable, honest, carry identification, how long I have been in business, friendly, local etc.
People just want their windows cleaned, adding how you do it into the equation is confusing and off putting in my (worthless :-\) opinion.

To us cleaning is our livelihood, to most it just a necessary evil, they want the best job they think they can get and they want reliability and no fuss.

Simon123, you might be doing something wrong  :P :)

kris martin

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2008, 12:26:18 pm »

Simon123, you might be doing something wrong  :P :)
i just dont think he's doing anything at all...

LWC

« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2008, 01:57:49 pm »
The explanation that LWC gave to the girl at the bank still left her confused and possibly lost a customer or more.

she asked me how i cleaned them and i told her ("how do you clean them without ladders), i didnt just tell her...

simon123

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2008, 02:38:16 pm »

she asked me how i cleaned them and i told her ("how do you clean them without ladders), i didnt just tell her...
You messed up . . . . . admit and be a man !  ;D
I am getting too old to be around people who  don't understand the concept of  loyalty and honesty.

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2008, 09:53:09 pm »
My website name is advertised large on my van and the title says it all: "windowswashed". Couldn't be any clearer to Joe Public :)

garyj

« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2008, 10:07:52 pm »
And do you have plenty of customers?

LWC

« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2008, 10:17:13 pm »

You messed up . . . . . admit and be a man !  ;D

???

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2008, 10:57:43 pm »
And do you have plenty of customers?

If you mean me? then yes, always busy enough for my liking, thank-you. Could be rushed off my feet but I avoid certain types of properties and areas as I don't want to take a step backwards in moving forwards with better customers, properties and prices ;)