Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

what measurements do you use when quoting?

square feet
21.3%
16 (21.3%)
square yards
20%
15 (20%)
square metres
46.7%
35 (46.7%)
don't measure
12%
9 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Shaun_Ashmore

Re: measuring up
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2005, 09:41:55 pm »
It's all about professionalism and how you sell it!

Ken is correct in the way he does it, Paul Pearce once said to me that a quotation is a presentation of how you will do your work.

Ken shows the customer that he is maticulous, caring, thorough and knowledgable.

Ok it's a bit of play acting in someways but he would charge alot more than say £40 a room that was quoted and still get the job.

Can you see where I'm coming from?

You've got to WOW them, you may do exactly the same cleaning but it is the percieved cleaning, called it 'fore play' specially with pink marigolds :o

Shaun

KEN is there any chance you would show me how you do your in house audit ( I would like to take lessons and this is not meant as a wind up, I'll even buy you a cuppa and a bun! )

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2005, 10:05:57 am »
Thanks for answering on my behalf Shaun.

I've just come back from a quote. Largest room was 19m2 4 beds. No bathroom, hall or kitchen. £325 from cold enquiry, booked in Tuesday week. Apart from my NCCA leaflet, Business Card and Woolsafe leaflet I don't give/use any presentation aids. I spent 45 minutes there measuring, inspecting, testing fibres/dyes, asking all the right questions. explaining the benefits of my microsplitting/fresh water rinse over using detergents. I am more comfortable with the Soft Sell so provide Madam with the quotation to consider/discuss in her own time, but still walk out with the order. She got my name from the NCCA website, but don't know if she contacted any others.

I'll be at the NEC every day Shaun. I'll take you up on your offer for a cup of Tetley's finest :)

Safe and happy cleaning :)
Ken

PS  Correction to the above. It's £335  :-[
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

Gavin Reardon

« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2005, 02:43:26 pm »
Hi Ken

Is that all £335  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Ive been a member of the NCCA for a few years now and I have never got a phone call from a customer who has got me from the NCCA  :(

Regards

Gavin
Gavin Reardon IICRC / NCCA

www.ace-cleaning.co.uk

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2005, 05:15:14 pm »
Hi Gavin

Yes that's right, I made a small error in my post so corrected it in the PS.

It seems that I get fewer enquiries these days via the NCCA office ( they give out 3 members names and numbers in the callers locality). I have, however, had 3 enquiries so far this year from the NCCA website, one by email initially, (about a £50 job), the one above by phone and another email enquiry for which I have quoted but not closed (yet?) That's for a nursing home, in a right state, but that's another story.

Safe and happy cleaning :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!