Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

JM SELECT SERVICES

machine
« on: January 28, 2005, 07:34:44 pm »
can any one please recommend a got carpet extraction portable , and where would be the best place to buy one.
i have been looking at alltec.co.uk.
please any advise would be great,, jim ???
bdma

paul@ctcs

Re: machine
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2005, 07:39:28 pm »
Hi Jim,

The Eclipse from solutions is probably ;) the best portable machine available, If your anywhere near me I will be happy to give a demo.

Paul

Dynafoam

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2005, 07:41:59 pm »
Jim,

Why not start by looking at the top-range machines such as the Recoil 3HP (airflow optimised) or the Eclipse (vacuum optimised).

Consider also the CFR range, approached with an open mind.

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2005, 07:59:44 pm »
Cross- American Recoil3, well worth taking a look at.

stevegunn

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2005, 08:11:53 pm »
Eclipse without a doubt ;)

JM SELECT SERVICES

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2005, 08:13:55 pm »
thanks and what companys supply these machines. :-\
bdma

Dynafoam

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2005, 08:26:26 pm »
Jim,

Cross-American Recoil 3HP:  Cleaning Support (part of A&M) 01923 330034 (Robert)

Eclipse: Solution UK Ltd:  01726 852880 (Nick)

paul@ctcs

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2005, 08:26:45 pm »
The Eclipse is from Solutions UK, so the best after sales back up is guaranteed as well a free training :)

If your attending the cleaning show you will be able to get a good look at the machine and see what package deals that are available which are very competitive.

Paul

Derek

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2005, 08:32:58 am »
Hi

Best suggestion from me is to visit the Cleaning Show at the NEC 1st-3rd March..
you can look at the lot of them and maybe pick up a good deal too

Derek

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2005, 10:05:15 am »
As far as I am aware The Eclipse has only been on The UK market for a short period of time as has The Recoil.

How do we know that they are tried and tested machines.

I believe are electricity is diffrent from US therefore machines would have been modified.

Factors such as weight ease of repair servicing etc should also be considered

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2005, 10:35:54 am »
Hi Guys

As to ease of repair All the machine mechanicals in the eclipse are on a slide out tray, and can be accessed with less than 10 minutes even a major job like pump drive motor change takes less than 30 minutes, a vacuum change less than 20 minutes. all spares are availble in the Uk all componenets are tried and tested, the machine already has an excellent track record in the US, the modifications made to the machine for UK market have meant that the pump drive motor is in fact more powerful than its US cousin the machine will be on display iat the cleaning show, however we have a very informative 25 minute DVD available should any-one wish to check it out before the show.

Best regards Nick

*paul_moss

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2005, 08:44:57 pm »
Nick can you send me DVD.
Paul
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2005, 09:16:15 pm »
Hi,

Nick,

I thought that would bring you out

regards

Ian

Len Gribble

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2005, 09:30:58 pm »
Ian

I fully understand you cynicism, the same applies to a new model of a car/van or to an on going machine/upgraded/new model by disign coming from X some may have problems it’s the after sales, which also count.

I don’t have ether machine but the one I have has been slag off due to after sales and I have had no problem with it and it’s very heavy.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

JM SELECT SERVICES

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2005, 11:02:11 pm »
to tell you the truth guys,, i have not heard of the eclipse or recoil,, i have been using the ninja and sensi (not sure about the spelling), but i will look foward to seeing these other machines that you guys have mentioned, would also like to see that dvd nick!!!!
thanks jim....
bdma

des

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2005, 12:06:00 am »
Nick thanks for the dvd on the eclipse god that looks some machine and i hear the drying times are second to none i will be getting one very soon des ;D
des at mister clean

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2005, 01:00:34 pm »
Hi Jim

Have sent you pm requesting delivery address will send Dvd with pleasure

Best regards Nick

Ed Valentine

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2005, 02:27:31 pm »
JM;

I felt alittle complelled to make a short comment regarding your question.

I would suggest visiting the fine people at Cleaning Support (Recoil Systems); and Solutions (Eclipse). Both companies have the finest reputations and some terrific products. And, both will service you well, I am sure.

It may be true that some machines may be much better than others however, that factor is generally at the mercy of the prospective user in that he/she must purchase for a specific need and/or requirement. Manytimes, that is what determines the sale.

And, one more comment in regards to Ian's suggestion that the Recoil is a "new machine" untested. (I cannot let this misinformed suggestion go w/o a comment)

The history (years in this industry) of Cross-American is well known by many, and although, we make more systems in 120volts, we have been selling in Europe for many years now with great success in regards to this particular model.

I conclude by saying that the Recoil model IS NOT NEW and not  untested. We continue to make improvements as we learn and as technology dictates .

The very Best to you and your company;
Good Fortune to;
Ed Valentine
cross-american corp.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2005, 02:41:50 pm »
Ed,

As you know I like a bit of contrerversy.

I think I was saying that The Recoil and Eclipse were new to The UK market.

I was under the Impression The Recoil only launched last year and The Eclipse this year in The UK

I just felt it was a consideration to be made.

If I am wrong I apoligise.

Some of us think Europe is a completley different market

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2005, 03:00:02 pm »
Ian

The Eclipse has a total of 7 years history 5 years from its predecessor and 2 years in its current guise as following customer comment some specific changes were made, all the necessary spares are in stock in the UK should they be required. Because of the drawer design draw out package ease of service has been a major part of the design, also allowing for any future changes in the vacuum and motor design.

I hope this qualifies your question

Best regards Nick