This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

[GQC] Tim

Pictures of my Van
« on: May 31, 2008, 02:11:09 pm »
Some pictures of my van, needs a battery tray still, and wires tucked a way, also I'm going to get a pipe bender, and get some hooks to hang my pole on, with some rubber sleeves on them. Now I just have to put it under the sun visor, and on top of the tank cage.

Tank was installed by Crystal pure's mobile fitting service, they do Purefreedom systems as well, but are further to the south, they came to me, and installed the tank cage, I installed the rest.

[Click on pictures for larger view]

TennetClean

Re: Pictures of my Van
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 02:21:39 pm »
looks DIY and highly unsafe if you ask me

Also, the tank looks too far forward.  Although you might be under the total payload weight, the load must be eveny distributed.

What I mean is, say your payload weight was 800kg, each axle must only bear 400kg.  Otherwise its against the law bro.

From those pics, its pretty obvious that thing is gonna make one of your axles over the limit.

Thats besides the fact that fitting a tank that shape upright is just dangerous.
My friends call me Tuppence Clean

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 02:33:47 pm »
looks DIY and highly unsafe if you ask me

Also, the tank looks too far forward.  Although you might be under the total payload weight, the load must be eveny distributed.

What I mean is, say your payload weight was 800kg, each axle must only bear 400kg.  Otherwise its against the law bro.

From those pics, its pretty obvious that thing is gonna make one of your axles over the limit.

Thats besides the fact that fitting a tank that shape upright is just dangerous.

The tank is right in the middle of the Van, Load is evenly distributed. Purefreedom fits those tanks upright no problem at all. When it's bolted properly through the van it's fine.

I notice the van isn't paneled or sealed (floor)!
Wont it get hot in summer and cold in winter and bring all the problems that go with the temperatures?
And what about the water situation, with the floor not being sealed it will find the lowest point of the van (recipe for rust!)!

Have you used this system before?  :-\

is that the 300g system  :-\
Tank looks to big/tall  :-\

please tell me how much they charged you for this!

The van floor is sealed with protecta coat, it's just got a rubber mat in it. I'm using the system now yes. Don't think panelling would make that much of a difference in temps, it's the gaps in the door seals etc that let cold in.

In winter I'll have a little electric greenhouse heater in there. :)

It is the 300GPD from Purefreedom, funnily, at 100PSI pressure after prefilters, it fills the tank quite quick. :)

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 03:06:03 pm »
Just noticed that the pics don't always load, I think that site is a bit slow, I'll try and get them hosted elsewhere. :)

Thanks LWC. :)

mark311069

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008, 03:24:48 pm »
looks great mate you must be really chuffed. well done ;D

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2008, 04:55:17 pm »
looks smart

only thing i can see, the strainer needs to be before the pump

jaykie

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2008, 05:07:02 pm »
why didnt they install all if it instead of just the cage as i got mine from purefreedom and would travel up there again for a system

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2008, 07:22:32 pm »
looks smart

only thing i can see, the strainer needs to be before the pump

Hi, the strainer is before the pump. :)

why didnt they install all if it instead of just the cage as i got mine from purefreedom and would travel up there again for a system

Because I simply didn't want them to install everything else, I wanted to do it myself, so I could get the experience, and set it up like I want it. I had to solve a couple of problems, which is cool, because I can help others now as well, and if I ever would get a similar problem, I'm already half way into solving it myself. :)

LWC

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2008, 07:23:19 pm »
the reason i put it so bluntly was because i cant stand it how people say things like "looks DIY and highly unsafe if you ask me", "Tank looks to big/tall , please tell me how much they charged you for this!" , hes obviously very pleased with his system or he would not have posted pics on it, only in the first 2 posts to get completely ripped! thats what i was standing up for, not because of your advice! ... if there was any

David Slater

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2008, 07:35:33 pm »
As a newbie, I'm not sure if I should be jumping into this debate!

DIY versus Manufactured does seem to cause some hot debate (which is a good thing in my book). At the end of the day, this is just a debate is it not? We all respect each other and want to impart our knowledge and wisdom for the benefit of all :)

I have all the respect in world for guys that can DIY a system and understand totally guys who go down the Manufactured route for the obvious time-saving/warranty issues.

....but you cant ignore the several thousand pounds saving with DIY can you?

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2008, 07:41:32 pm »

DIY versus Manufactured does seem to cause some hot debate (which is a good thing in my book). At the end of the day, this is just a debate is it not? We all respect each other and want to impart our knowledge and wisdom for the benefit of all :)

I have all the respect in world for guys that can DIY a system and understand totally guys who go down the Manufactured route for the obvious time-saving/warranty issues.

No you can't!  ::)
My system, like the van above (his Baby... wants to shoe it off!)  8)
is just that my baby... unfortunately it's not as pretty as his, but it does the job!  :P

Thankfully Each to their own!  ;D

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2008, 07:46:59 pm »

Forgot to add... I've only been doing wfp for.. well I don't know and don't care LESS than a year anyway.

My point is simply (like me!) we are all NEWBIES!  8)

Bit of advice ... Don't get narked too soon!
wish I could take my own advice!  ::)

LWC

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2008, 07:52:13 pm »
re reading your post i can see where your coming from, wasnt so much a critism more of a asking so i apologise for that  ;)

just tennet clean is gay

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2008, 07:57:27 pm »
re reading your post i can see where your coming from, wasnt so much a critism more of a asking so i apologise for that  ;)

just tennet clean is gay
Bisexual actually.

Who cares whether you've fouled up your van with manky protectacote gunk.
Unless you're going to use it for 8 or 10 years it isn't going to rust that quick.
You'll just stuff up the re-sale value, that's why I haven't done it.

Great looking system though mate.
They're just jealous. ;)

peter holley

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2008, 08:00:00 pm »
looks good and professional, and anyone who says otherwise is wrong......some people like to moan, the more they moan , the less freinds they have, and the less freinds they have , the more they moan......and the final product is a person who can,t intergrate with society....ie. a loner ;D

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2008, 08:04:09 pm »
has toilet ever posted any pics of his own van ??? ???
i for one would love to see what a perfectly fitted system looks like

LWC

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2008, 08:08:31 pm »

tennets van is that good you couldnt possibly look at it or you might die

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2008, 08:09:29 pm »

Toilet Clean. ;D ;D

peter holley

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2008, 08:28:58 pm »
one isolating himself will seek his own selfish longing, against all practical wisdom he will break forth,,,,, and he will sit with his laptop on a saturday night, and talk nonsense ::)

;D ;D ;D ; ;D ;D ;D :P :P :P :-* :-* :-* :'( :'( :'( :'(

peter holley

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2008, 08:31:26 pm »
before you ask it's "PEAR CIDER" ;D