This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

Minimum price you charge for a regular clean for wfp only.

Below £5
6%
5 (6%)
£5 to £10
41%
34 (41%)
£10 to £15
39.8%
33 (39.8%)
£15 to £20
10.8%
9 (10.8%)
£20 or above
2.4%
2 (2.4%)

Total Members Voted: 80

wcs.

. New
« on: May 16, 2008, 07:12:00 pm »

groundhog

Re: Help improve your prices.
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 01:36:32 am »
My minimum price used to be £10, but I now have a £25 minimum price on any new jobs that I take on!! :)

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 08:41:45 am »
£25 min price  :o

do you still pick up a lot of work ?

I thought £3 min was good  ;D

Kev R

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 08:49:33 am »
My minimum price used to be £10, but I now have a £25 minimum price on any new jobs that I take on!! :)

So your turning down work and not expanding - reached the peak of ambition?

ronnie paton

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 09:13:19 am »
£25 min price :o

do you still pick up a lot of work ?

I thought £3 min was good
are you serious £3 with any methid is to cheap.

LWC

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2008, 09:34:56 am »
so ground hog, little old lady rings, little bungalow, 5 odd windows and you say £25...yeh right

no one can really have a minimum price in my opinion, it really depnds on house. for example, i do a row of houses, and one on the end likes her one window done upstaires, i just chage her a £1

i like to charge at least £10 a house now, but there is exceptions

groundhog

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2008, 09:46:24 am »
Yes I pick up lots of work, I just prefer doing larger jobs rather than messing about with loads of £10 houses. Also by making my minimum price £25 I have picked up quite a lot of houses that I would have priced at say £15-£20, but I have told the homeowner that my minimum charge is £25 and its suprising how many have said fine!! It works for me!!!  ;D

elite mike

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2008, 09:47:18 am »

So your turning down work and not expanding - reached the peak of ambition?

wonder if its £25+VAT  :D  :D

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2008, 09:58:55 am »
I know a guy who charges minimum £80 + vat per job

I dont like taking anything on now for less than £45.00 inc Vat, but saying that I still have loads of smaller ones and will slip some lower ones into my existing rounds

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2008, 10:32:34 am »
Minimum price?  Delusions of Grandeur..

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2008, 11:29:29 am »
Minimum price? Delusions of Grandeur..

Or successful so you can do what you want

mark dew

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2008, 11:37:43 am »
introducing a minimum price was the best pay rise i ever gave myself.
It is only a tenner but the amount of work i do that would have been 3 or 4 quid when i started is quite alot.
The thing that suprised me most about it was when people phoned and i mentioned it, i have not had 1 bat an eyelid. I think people half expect there to be some sort of minimum price. Although townies still expect their houses cleaned for 50p like their last cleaner charged in 1947 or whatever century it was.  ::)

Paul Coleman

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2008, 12:36:38 pm »
Minimum price?  Delusions of Grandeur..

Well it's better than me because I still have delusions of competence.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2008, 12:40:38 pm »
introducing a minimum price was the best pay rise i ever gave myself.
It is only a tenner but the amount of work i do that would have been 3 or 4 quid when i started is quite alot.
The thing that suprised me most about it was when people phoned and i mentioned it, i have not had 1 bat an eyelid. I think people half expect there to be some sort of minimum price. Although townies still expect their houses cleaned for 50p like their last cleaner charged in 1947 or whatever century it was.  ::)

I have a minimum of a tenner too.  I didn't apply it to jobs that I already have but I have been increasing the prices of the lower priced jobs a lot more quickly.  I have been turned down at times due to my minimum charge but that is the whole point of it.  I used to have a lot of jobs under £10 a few years ago.  Now I've only a few and those that are, are very small ones.

MoemGorod

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2008, 12:44:46 pm »
Minimum price in our company - appr. GBP18 for Saint-Petersburg (Russia) and 30 for the country side.

Vadim
www.MoemGorod.com - WFP supplier in Russia & CIS
www.MoemGorod.ru - WFP WC in Saint-Petersburg

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2008, 09:57:51 pm »
 ;D I thought I would wait before I answered...glad I did!  ;D

I think I might introduce a minimum price, sound like a good idea!  :)

It's one way of getting rid of the dross1  8)

Many thanks... Learning all the time  ??? (might change that to my signature!)  8)

NWH

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2008, 10:21:07 pm »
Minimum price? Delusions of Grandeur..

Or successful so you can do what you want

Correct Dave,this is the point you want to be aiming for.What is it good business to be working for peanuts then,i know what i`d rather be doing.

Londoner

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2008, 06:57:23 am »
Exactly right!

The point about any price  is whether on not you are prepared to get turned down. If you are short of work and really need the customer you are not going to start tossing about "silly"prices. You are more likely to underprice it. (We have all done it, haven't we?).

High prices are only really possible when you don't care if they say no.

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2008, 08:52:05 am »
Yes I pick up lots of work, I just prefer doing larger jobs rather than messing about with loads of £10 houses. Also by making my minimum price £25 I have picked up quite a lot of houses that I would have priced at say £15-£20, but I have told the homeowner that my minimum charge is £25 and its suprising how many have said fine!! It works for me!!!  ;D

Funny, i could have sworn you were cleaning houses for twelve pound a couple of weeks ago!

LWC

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2008, 09:32:27 am »

Funny, i could have sworn you were cleaning houses for twelve pound a couple of weeks ago!

yep...dreamer