This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

Minimum price you charge for a regular clean for wfp only.

Below £5
6%
5 (6%)
£5 to £10
41%
34 (41%)
£10 to £15
39.8%
33 (39.8%)
£15 to £20
10.8%
9 (10.8%)
£20 or above
2.4%
2 (2.4%)

Total Members Voted: 80

groundhog

Re: Help improve your prices.
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2008, 11:03:41 am »
Probably still is, as there can be a good margin in £12.00 cleaning jobs. The money coming in still can pay the bills.

But if he recently only set minimum at £25.00 and above and sticks to it all new customers will be at that price.

Maybe in a couple of years or more his lowest priced customers will be £25.00. All those that haven’t bothered with a minimum will be a few years behind him. Then a few more years pass and now you are really starting to be out of touch.

How many years will it be before we see old window cleaners using wfp systems (hot or cold) and the new younger window cleaners talking about the 1st generation of wfp users who haven’t put there prices up for years!

Ewan  :)

Thankyou Ewan! :)  I'm glad somebody reads my posts properly before jumping to conclussions!! >:(  Yes sure I still have lower paying customers, the lowest being £12, but as I said in my original post - any new work I take on has a minimum charge of £25! I only target larger properties with my flyers so its quite rare for me to need to mention the minimum being £25 because most of the houses I now take on are £50+, and thats the way I like it!!! I find its good to have a few smaller ones though for the end of the day when there is not time to start a large house.

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2008, 11:17:03 am »
I understood. Sometimes people argue for the sake of it. ???

My argument/puzzlement  if any would be why then why the harriss pole? But you already said you prefer it and I accepted that.

groundhog

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2008, 11:54:48 am »

My argument/puzzlement  if any would be why then why the harriss pole? But you already said you prefer it and I accepted that.

Very true Discount about people arguing for the sake of it, I have been guilty of that myself in the past! :-[

As for the harris pole, I use it because it is a great pole!!! Oh and its onlt 15 quid!!!  ;)

Paul Coleman

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2008, 12:09:48 pm »

No I don't.   :)

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2008, 12:29:43 pm »
Who's arguing? Just an observation.  ;)

Paul Coleman

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2008, 12:31:34 pm »
Who's arguing? Just an observation.  ;)

No it isn't.

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2008, 12:36:06 pm »
Yes it is  >:(

Dale Smith

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2008, 12:41:49 pm »
No it aint  ;D
Swindon, Wiltshire.

Kev R

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2008, 12:45:17 pm »
blimmin well is  :-\

tompoole

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2008, 01:17:09 pm »
I started window cleaning this jan and after 1 month intriduced a min charge of a tenner. now i have enough work to pay me bills I see it as only common sence to target larger properties and will probably have a minimum of £20 unless i get 3 or more small houses on the same road.  Quoted £20 for 3 bed semi last month and said i would do it for £20 but would knock of £1 for each neighbour they recommended up to 10, now have 12 houses in the same road, some have consevatories or  extentions etc so tend to be £15- £20 and the original customer will get thier house cleaned for a tenner. always use the price of diesel as an excuse for high price

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2008, 02:24:26 pm »
I think a minimum charge is a sensible idea. The time it takes to park, get your gear out, put your gear away, collect payment/write a ticket etc all adds up, and time is money.
I have a minimum charge of €15 in the town and €25 further afield,... BUT if its next to an existing job and can be done at the same time then I waive those limits.