This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

groundhog

Re: WHAT I LIKE MOST ABOUT THE SL-X
« Reply #140 on: May 19, 2008, 07:25:41 pm »
I will try 1 just for you,i`ll get 1 tomorrow.How did you secure the brush and i take it it`s an outside with the pole hose job,what`s the reach with it.

I copied Dai's instructions from my thread 'Dai, advice on B&Q pole please' Its very simple, and the hose goes through the pole, you just have to drill a couple of holes. Give it a try and let me know how you get on.  :)

NWH

« Reply #141 on: May 19, 2008, 07:26:30 pm »
What`s the reach with it.

groundhog

« Reply #142 on: May 19, 2008, 07:30:06 pm »
What`s the reach with it.

It is a 5 metre pole, but if you read the thread that I gave in my previous post, jeff Brimble I believe explains how you can make an extension for the pole.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #143 on: May 19, 2008, 07:32:11 pm »
groundhog, that Harris seems like its serving you well. Glad youve found something nice to suit your business, just like some have us have with the SL-X, Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

NWH

« Reply #144 on: May 19, 2008, 07:34:46 pm »
groundhog, that Harris seems like its serving you well. Glad youve found something nice to suit your business, just like some have us have with the SL-X, Luke
I`ll tell you why people are having so much trouble with the SLX and that`s because there using a brush that`s to heavy,a heavy brush puts to much strain on the clamps.

groundhog

« Reply #145 on: May 19, 2008, 07:36:55 pm »
I like a joke groundhog, but we are screwing luke and alexs thread up. Some people on here do want serious info on the slx, that's why I delete. Cheers.

Listen, why not start your own 'arris poling post?

Just because it works and you like it why turn your guns on Gardners?

I may well start my own thread on the Harris pole, but I think that this forum should be about us window cleaners helping each other out and exchanging tips and ideas, not about manafacturers advertising and pushing their products. I think that Gardeners are great and I use them reguarly, but if I can help other window cleaners save themelves a fortune on poles then I will, thats just what Dai did for me!!!  ;)

groundhog

« Reply #146 on: May 19, 2008, 07:38:23 pm »

Thanks Luke, the only difference is about £400!!! and a few dodgy clamps!!!!  ;D

« Reply #147 on: May 19, 2008, 07:39:00 pm »
I`ll tell you why people are having so much trouble with the SLX and that`s because there using a brush that`s to heavy,a heavy brush puts to much strain on the clamps.

Eh? howzat then?

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #148 on: May 19, 2008, 07:39:52 pm »
Thanks Luke, the only difference is about £400!!! and a few dodgy clamps!!!!  

!!!!Actualy about £500...but mine didnt have dodgy clamps!!!! Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #149 on: May 19, 2008, 07:42:51 pm »
Groundhog i`ve got a brand new facelift in the shed if you want to try that,i`ve got poles coming out of my arris.You know why they call that a arriss pole don`t you,cos it`s a pain in the arriss to having to keep buying a new 1 lol. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :o :o :o :o :o :o :-* :-* :-* :-*

did you make that up by yourself? lol

ive got a 24ft facelift, how easy is it to make it 34ft? will i need to buy a new gf base section?

got anything you wanna sell,

so what poles have you got for sale?

groundhog

« Reply #150 on: May 19, 2008, 07:43:34 pm »
Quote from: Rupertthehair link=topic=54

!!!!Actualy about £500...but mine didnt have dodgy clamps!!!! Luke

Yet!!!  ;)

macmac

« Reply #151 on: May 19, 2008, 07:45:03 pm »
I like the clamps, they're fast & easy to use. My clamps don't butt up flush but to be honest i prefere them this way, especialy as they are so slim they are easier to use with a bit of seperation. If you mark the pole with a pen or summat just as it starts to taper out to the clamp this will give you a possitive guide to where to stop & clamp it, makes it easier & quicker this way with a visual guide. Top pole the sl-x. Far better than my harris- which is retired to trad work only! ;)

Tony

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #152 on: May 19, 2008, 07:50:20 pm »
Yet!!! 

The clamps are actually BRILLIANT, they are far far far better than any clmaps I have used before.....including xtels, brodex, trad type harris poles etc Luke

groundhog

« Reply #153 on: May 19, 2008, 08:00:50 pm »

The clamps are actually BRILLIANT, they are far far far better than any clmaps I have used before.....including xtels, brodex, trad type harris poles etc Luke

And so they should be for £500!!!!  :o Do you honestly believe that your pole is worth that kind of money!! I know for a fact that I could work as fast or faster than you using my £15 B&Q pole, so I don't see what you mean when you say that it pays for itself?  ???

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #154 on: May 19, 2008, 08:05:11 pm »
Its not alot of money for a tool is it. Its looks really professional too. Its light and super siff......thats what I want in my pole.......only the SL-X offers all to the highest degree, so I bought it, and would never regret buying it because its fantastic and is a pleasure to work with, Luke

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #155 on: May 19, 2008, 08:10:02 pm »
my £15 B&Q pole

I live pretty far from B&Q, but your enthusiasm has rubbed off on me. I really want to see one, when I next go near a B&Q I will check it out. Describe what it looks like and what size it is? Luke

macmac

« Reply #156 on: May 19, 2008, 08:11:46 pm »

And so they should be for £500!!!!  :o Do you honestly believe that your pole is worth that kind of money!! I know for a fact that I could work as fast or faster than you using my £15 B&Q pole, so I don't see what you mean when you say that it pays for itself?  ???

And what happens when you want to go above 5m? then to ground floor? then to 30ft? then to 25ft? then to 21ft? then to 18ft? then back to 30ft etc.etc. how many poles do you carry? how much time do you spend swapping poles around?
What may the manager of a commercial job that you charge 40+ pound per hour think when he sees you using a B&Q decorators stick? You know- the one who questioned your quote, so you had to explain about the investment & running costs of wfp ;D ;D :-[

Tony

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #157 on: May 19, 2008, 08:14:41 pm »
macmac does have a point, the SL-X looks really good and professional. These days I only carry 2 poles to work from ground floor to 50ft plus, the SL-X and SL2, Luke

NWH

« Reply #158 on: May 19, 2008, 08:15:48 pm »
Yet!!! 

Luke the facelift clamps are far better,try a facelift 24ft carbon i think your be very surprised.I`ve used all poles and the facelift clamps are the best bar none.

« Reply #159 on: May 19, 2008, 08:17:06 pm »
Cobbled together system, decoraters pole, earns the most money on the forum, minimum charge £25 targets massive country houses, has commercial work offers coming out of his ears? Here we go again  ::) ........ yawn.