This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: WHAT I LIKE MOST ABOUT THE SL-X
« Reply #100 on: May 18, 2008, 01:10:25 pm »
It's a long way for us and hard to grasp.

Whatever country you come from and however proud you are of it best of luck to you.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #101 on: May 18, 2008, 03:15:20 pm »
Just can't get the clamps to grip the pole correctly. Some sections are okay, but some slide down quite quickly, okay, that's solved by tightening the clamps, but when not extended, the clamp doesn't close because it's too tight.

Driving me nuts Alex.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #102 on: May 18, 2008, 04:00:34 pm »
Tim, Alex is on holiday at the moment. To cure your clamps use the loctite glue supplied with your pole.

Ok first extend all the sections a little and  tighten the allen keys ( or loosen ) until you are happy with them. Close all the clamps shut. Then apply ONLY 2 SMALL drops to the exposed thread on the outer side of the clamps ( read Alex instructions ) be careful not to get the stuff anywhere else on the pole.

Done properly this will certainly solve the problem but you need to make sure the loctite is covering all of that exposed thread so there is no room for movement.

Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #103 on: May 18, 2008, 04:14:43 pm »
Tim, Alex is on holiday at the moment. To cure your clamps use the loctite glue supplied with your pole.

Ok first extend all the sections a little and  tighten the allen keys ( or loosen ) until you are happy with them. Close all the clamps shut. Then apply ONLY 2 SMALL drops to the exposed thread on the outer side of the clamps ( read Alex instructions ) be careful not to get the stuff anywhere else on the pole.

Done properly this will certainly solve the problem but you need to make sure the loctite is covering all of that exposed thread so there is no room for movement.

Luke

Hi luke, yea I managed to do the loctite, I'm just saying that at closed length, the place where the clamps clamp the pole, is where they are slightly thicker, so you can adjust the clamps fine when the sections are slightly extended, but when fully closed, you just simply can't close the clamps anymore.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #104 on: May 18, 2008, 04:20:49 pm »
Hi luke, yea I managed to do the loctite, I'm just saying that at closed length, the place where the clamps clamp the pole, is where they are slightly thicker, so you can adjust the clamps fine when the sections are slightly extended, but when fully closed, you just simply can't close the clamps anymore.

I see, you will simply get used to it. You just arent meant to close the pole at them parts. You close it about 2-3 inches away, thats how its meant to work. And when you set your clamps for use with the loctite DO NOT set them on that thicker bit of pole, otherwise it wont grip the rest of the pole. It seems that some people are having some teething problems, when you overcome them, youll be happy!!! Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #105 on: May 18, 2008, 04:36:34 pm »

I see, you will simply get used to it. You just arent meant to close the pole at them parts. You close it about 2-3 inches away, thats how its meant to work. And when you set your clamps for use with the loctite DO NOT set them on that thicker bit of pole, otherwise it wont grip the rest of the pole. It seems that some people are having some teething problems, when you overcome them, youll be happy!!! Luke

Well, I appreciate your thoughts on it, but that's simply not true that it's supposed to be used that way, it didn't come shipped that way, and all pictures I've seen of the closed length show that there is a 5cm, 4,5cm, and 3cm gap between the clamps, not 2-3 inches, to further illustrate it, it wouldn't be 5'7 anymore closed, like it says on the website. Otherwise that'd simply be false marketing. Name me a pole that you have to do that with.

If you have to extend it another half an inch or so, multiply that by 5, and you have a 5" longer pole? What's the deal with that.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #106 on: May 18, 2008, 04:44:13 pm »
There is meant to be a space between the clamps, maybe not as much as 3 inches but thats how it should be used. Here is mine:

« Reply #107 on: May 18, 2008, 04:54:46 pm »
Does yours collapse into that position Luke? Mine don't.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #108 on: May 18, 2008, 04:57:10 pm »
yes, thats the picture of it above. Where do your collapse to? Luke

« Reply #109 on: May 18, 2008, 05:06:24 pm »
Around an inch to an inch and a half apart with the top section two and a half inches otherwise i can't close the clamp. Rough estimates and no two are the same.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #110 on: May 18, 2008, 05:09:42 pm »
So closer than mine then? Luke

« Reply #111 on: May 18, 2008, 05:10:30 pm »
Much

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #112 on: May 18, 2008, 05:12:33 pm »
And do they grip the rest of the pole fine...no twisting if put under pressure or sliding? Luke

« Reply #113 on: May 18, 2008, 05:29:49 pm »
My gaps are : 30mm,20mm,53mm and 30mm and they grip ok but don't look as neat as yours.  :)

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #114 on: May 18, 2008, 06:54:58 pm »
Interesting, your pole section lengths look exactly the same as mine Luke.

Just had a play around, and it doesn't me that much I guess, still clamps the pole well enough, we'll see what it does when the pole wears.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #115 on: May 18, 2008, 07:50:16 pm »
Sounds like teething probs.
Just for a reference the Ionics poles also need bedding in and adjusting to just pinch the tube. (took me 2 weeks to realise that)

NWH

« Reply #116 on: May 18, 2008, 07:57:34 pm »

If this is the case with your pole then it will need to go back and be trimmed,mine was the same and had to go back and have the sections cut slightly.The tolerances on the pole you have are wrong and this will be the only way to solve it otherwise when closed the pole will be longer.

Well, I appreciate your thoughts on it, but that's simply not true that it's supposed to be used that way, it didn't come shipped that way, and all pictures I've seen of the closed length show that there is a 5cm, 4,5cm, and 3cm gap between the clamps, not 2-3 inches, to further illustrate it, it wouldn't be 5'7 anymore closed, like it says on the website. Otherwise that'd simply be false marketing. Name me a pole that you have to do that with.

If you have to extend it another half an inch or so, multiply that by 5, and you have a 5" longer pole? What's the deal with that.

« Reply #117 on: May 18, 2008, 09:01:17 pm »
Mine

« Reply #118 on: May 18, 2008, 09:06:53 pm »
In action

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #119 on: May 18, 2008, 10:09:24 pm »
i already prefer my facelift