This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

STEVE-UK

opinions on 60ft xtel pole
« on: April 23, 2008, 06:45:43 pm »
Im in the market for a 60 foot pole and am interested in the x-tel 59 foot pole, has anyone used one  or owned one,are they strong, what other pole can they be compared to, any opinions ?

jaykie

Re: opinions on 60ft xtel pole
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 06:49:27 pm »
Im new to WFP and i think the 30 foot hybrid is quite heavy and god knows what you guys must of had to lift in the past, so if 30 foot isnt too light god knows what 60 foot is like, peeps will probs tell you to get the sl2 from gardiners but cant quote as not tried either.

Chris

Feen

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 07:19:00 pm »
Can't comment directly, but I would say this. I bought a x-tel hybrid about 6 months ago (24 ft). It is fine to work with, but I'm not impressed with the quality of build. The tapes on the first two sections are so worn that they don't do their job. The clamps continually need tightened. And the neck needs re-attached to the pole from time to time. I should add I clean 3 days a week, not full time. It's got a fair bit of life left in it (and so it should), but I won't buy another one.
Feen

LWC

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 07:51:11 pm »
60ft  :o

no chance, i picked up a 40 summit foot one and almost gave myself a hernia!

i know i keep saying it, but SL2 all the way mate, no quibles. its possibly...no it is the best thing ive ever bought wfp wise  ;)

STEVE-UK

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 08:37:23 pm »
im used to using the ionics 60 foot @ 11kg without brush, so the 7kg of the x-tel will feel like a tooth pick, i have been considering the sl2 but prefer the flexibilty of a telescopic pole and the hose running through the pole

LWC

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008, 09:06:18 pm »
the hose running down the outside concerned me too mate, but i hardly notice it, i just wrap it round it and keep it tight to the pole

please mate, you would not beleive how light it is!

there really is nothing to it, it so easy to put up, and bring down. i did a job with a 24 ft glass fibre which to me weighed a tone, it was a block of flats 3 stories, and i was shattered after doing them. now the other day, not only was it lighter, or the fact that it wasnt killing me to use it, it was the speed that i got the job done in. i was using one hand to do them! 30 ft up!! ive had it 50ft with one hand, there really is nothing to it mate...you will NOT regret it

NWH

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 09:09:21 pm »
With the SL2 you do a better job on the glass because your able to scrub the glass more at height as it weighs nothing.

LWC

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008, 09:15:13 pm »
not being funny either but why would you like the flex, are you worried you couldnt reach over things with the flex you use? with a pole this length that isnt a problem

NWH

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2008, 09:17:14 pm »
im used to using the ionics 60 foot @ 11kg without brush, so the 7kg of the x-tel will feel like a tooth pick, i have been considering the sl2 but prefer the flexibilty of a telescopic pole and the hose running through the pole
Steve at the height your talking about you`ll get flex,the flex you will get will be more user freindly.

LWC

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2008, 09:20:45 pm »
Steve at the height your talking about you`ll get flex,the flex you will get will be more user freindly.

yes i agree, and most of all controlable flex

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2008, 09:23:28 pm »
Steve

Buy it , you wont regret it, I bought one and I am impressed with it.

Dave

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2008, 09:24:27 pm »

If you really feel that you need the pole-in-one ability of a telescopic pole then the 60ft Xtel is in my opinion the current best pole for the job as the section clamps are about reachable from the ground, it is reasonably light, it is fairly compact when closed (compared to the competition) and it is the longest pole in it's class being an actual 59' 9" fully extended.

LWC

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2008, 09:31:46 pm »
but alex honestly, whats it like picking up the xtel with the sl2

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2008, 09:42:48 pm »
but alex honestly, whats it like picking up the xtel with the sl2

It's like picking up a scaffolding pole  :D

However telescopic poles do suit some people's work and style better, hence the alternative.

STEVE-UK

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2008, 09:59:47 pm »
i am tempted with sl2 because of the weight  hhmmmm

i think the unger pole is the best design but to expensive, heard bad reports about it and its not that light

when i said flexible i didnt mean the flex of the pole, but to use in general i.e  i have a few large buildings where theres awkward access ,sometimes you just need to extend it a few inches, what do you do with a section when you need to lower the pole and your quite away from where the bag is , leave it on the floor,put in in your pocket or leave your pole resting in the breeze to put it back in the bag ?

i am tempted as cheap & light weight !!

LWC

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2008, 10:03:03 pm »
when i have done jobs at height, its so easy to hold the pole in one hand and remove one. i either put it behind me out of the way where its not gonna get damaged or go and lean it up againt the building again here it isnt going to get damaged, a corner preferbly

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2008, 09:52:05 am »
Buy both, I am

jaykie

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2008, 10:53:28 am »
steve, if you buy either one of these poles can you let me know as your not far from me and wouldnt mind seeing what there like.

Cheers

Chris

STEVE-UK

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2008, 11:50:46 am »
Chris i will give you a shout when i get one , think its going to be the x-tel carbon fibre , but im going to arrange with a dealer to try both before purchase

jaykie

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2008, 11:51:37 am »
Cheers mate

Chris