This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

LWC

Re: opinions on 60ft xtel pole
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2008, 11:57:41 am »

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2008, 07:11:53 pm »
LWC

The point is, there are loads of situations where you need to drop or raise a pole a foot in height.

Adding a 4ft section or removing one isnt a foot is it.

Some jobs need constant adjustment and having sections all over the place isnt convenient.

Sl2 have there uses but they are not for every job.

If thats the case why buy a SLX if you have a sl2

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2008, 07:20:17 pm »
im used to using the ionics 60 foot @ 11kg without brush, so the 7kg of the x-tel will feel like a tooth pick, i have been considering the sl2 but prefer the flexibilty of a telescopic pole and the hose running through the pole

If you really feel that you need the pole-in-one ability of a telescopic pole then the 60ft Xtel is in my opinion the current best pole for the job as the section clamps are about reachable from the ground, it is reasonably light, it is fairly compact when closed (compared to the competition) and it is the longest pole in it's class being an actual 59' 9" fully extended.

Alex are you looking into making a SL tele pole to match 60ft, I dont like the idea either of the hose being on the outside, is the sl x hose inside?
Why oh why did you not have a stall at windex (you would have made a killing) I held the SL2 while I was there, light was not the word name says it all

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2008, 10:58:57 pm »
LWC

The point is, there are loads of situations where you need to drop or raise a pole a foot in height.

Adding a 4ft section or removing one isnt a foot is it.

Some jobs need constant adjustment and having sections all over the place isnt convenient.

Sl2 have there uses but they are not for every job.

If thats the case why buy a SLX if you have a sl2

I totally agree with Dave 100%. That's the reasons why i dislike modular poles even though they are very light. I would also like to add that using a heavier telescopic pole has it's advantages on gusty days when working in windy locations like the coast with strong sea breazes blowing inland as opposed to flying the super duper superlite kites or rather poles if you want to call them that. There is a market place for both. I use both but prefer the telescopic poles from a workpoint not a healthpoint.  Now if someone came up with a telescopic end section to go on a SL2 then it would be an excellent pole, but until then it hibernates except for perfect work and perfect days.

LWC

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2008, 11:11:49 pm »
thats what i thought the slx was gonna be, a 30 what ever it is foot pole that can be made modular...THAT would be the pole

LWC

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2008, 11:14:53 pm »
fair point dave.

to me, if i have a 60 ft modular, i wouldnt bother getting a 60ft telescopic as well as...i dont have THAT much money lol

edltd

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2008, 12:03:41 pm »
Im in the market for a 60 foot pole and am interested in the x-tel 59 foot pole, has anyone used one  or owned one,are they strong, what other pole can they be compared to, any opinions ?
I sell poles and would like to sp tell 01691 655583

STEVE-UK

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2008, 09:02:27 pm »
Has anyone tried one of these 60 foot sky poles ,60ft,10 sections and 5.58kg,made from carbon & alloy ?

what are they like to use ,do they last?

STEVE-UK

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2008, 08:10:17 am »
jaykie,

if you wanna pop over and have at go on the  x-tel 60 pole let me know when your over this way Brighton / seaford and ill meet up with you

jaykie

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2008, 02:24:27 pm »
Cheers steve ill let you know, was in Brighton yesterday shopping and had a full english in the pantry cafe in peacehaven, looking at those brodex and ionics on the sale page but ive never lifted a carbon so may be a bit heavy

Chris

STEVE-UK

« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2008, 02:43:57 pm »
i used to use the ionics all the time on the thistle hotel ,brighton,but after an hour or so it dont half make your back ache and its 12 - 13 foot closed, i think the brodex and onmipole are 8kg and 9 ft closed