Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: The OFFICIAL SL-X Review Thread.
« Reply #200 on: April 30, 2008, 05:18:30 pm »
NWH why on earth would you want both poles?

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #201 on: April 30, 2008, 05:26:29 pm »
The Archilles heal for the sl-x in my opinion is the clamps, even though i used loctite, I had one clamp come loose today.

Number 2 section wouldnt stay up so had to skip it until i found an allen key.

Saying that I really like the pole.

I would think Alex would be better finding a solution to this problem ie a nylon locking nut etc, knowing Alex he is already working on it.

NWH

« Reply #202 on: April 30, 2008, 05:29:00 pm »
NHW if you dont mind me asking wich pole do you prefer and why cheers Darren.
Let me start by saying that the SLX is lighter for a fact,but the main benefit of the SLX is the fact that it can be used up and down comfortably.Regardless of what some might say about being able to do this with the facelift pole in reality it`s not possible allday in my opinion,the SLX is more ridgid than the facelift and also longer even though the sections are shorter,like i say it`s a complete up and down pole all in one and that`s what i think we are looking for when working on domestic.It`s so easy now i just pull up at a job and off i go with 1 pole and the end of the minibore no need to change pole for downstairs,i reckon the other day i must have saved about half an hour not having to faff around changing poles and having to go round and get the smaller pole for bottoms.

NWH

« Reply #203 on: April 30, 2008, 05:30:06 pm »
NWH why on earth would you want both poles?
I already had the carbon facelift.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #204 on: April 30, 2008, 05:30:56 pm »
The Archilles heal for the sl-x in my opinion is the clamps, even though i used loctite, I had one clamp come loose today.

I would think Alex would be better finding a solution to this problem ie a nylon locking nut etc, knowing Alex he is already working on it.

Bring your pole round and I will Loctite it properly for you mate  :)

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #205 on: April 30, 2008, 05:34:37 pm »

Bring your pole round and I will Loctite it properly for you mate :)

I am just about to do it, If it comes loose again I will.

Maybe you should idiot proof the pole for some of us lol.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #206 on: April 30, 2008, 05:39:48 pm »

Bring your pole round and I will Loctite it properly for you mate :)

I am just about to do it, If it comes loose again I will.

Maybe you should idiot proof the pole for some of us lol.

Not possible because its the same principle as when they manufacture stronger antibiotics.  The stronger antibiotics just mean that the bugs mutate and overcome them.  It's the same with idiot proofing.  If you idiot proof something it just gives rise to a new form of idiot   ;D

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #207 on: April 30, 2008, 06:56:27 pm »
You just need to threadlock it properly I think, I have done this and its fine. Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #208 on: April 30, 2008, 07:02:27 pm »
Ive got another review to add to this thread. My dad used the SL-X all day today and he loves it too, being older and having a bad arm this is perfect ( and for anybody wanting to look after their future health ) Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #209 on: April 30, 2008, 08:40:01 pm »
Luke, I respect all your posts and find them very valuable, but the moving .gif from side to side is too much for my eyes. Make it stationary please. It's driving me crazy. Sorry.  :-[

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #210 on: April 30, 2008, 08:57:26 pm »
Luke, I respect all your posts and find them very valuable, but the moving .gif from side to side is too much for my eyes. Make it stationary please. It's driving me crazy. Sorry.

I thought it was too much myself but the computer froze so I couldnt go and change it!! Luke

NWH

« Reply #211 on: April 30, 2008, 08:59:22 pm »
Luke haven`t you got a picture of Tangerine man holding that pole lol. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #212 on: April 30, 2008, 09:00:51 pm »
I could photoshop it then make it into an animated gif!!!!!! Luke

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #213 on: April 30, 2008, 09:03:47 pm »
Going back to the SL-X, my dad was just telling me today he was using the pole on quite a few horizontal windows where you stand nearly above the windows 20ft away ( very akward ) and with the SL-X they were a doddle, Luke

chrismroberts

« Reply #214 on: May 01, 2008, 10:15:16 am »
I know this is probably slightly off topic, but is there any news on the status of the new brush? Have the bristles been sorted? :) I'm really interested in having one  :)

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #215 on: May 01, 2008, 02:23:47 pm »
I know this is probably slightly off topic, but is there any news on the status of the new brush? Have the bristles been sorted? :) I'm really interested in having one  :)

They are in the process of being re-done.  I have no exact time frame yet.

« Reply #216 on: May 01, 2008, 03:03:33 pm »
Bit of a hijack: Luke, have you settled on the Vikan mono brush? I know you tried several different flavours, i'm finding the Bentley is just too weak for the SLX pole for most jobs, i'm cleaning with the bristles completely splayed. Thinking of a Vikan and trimming some plastic off maybe.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #217 on: May 01, 2008, 03:18:02 pm »
Luke, have you settled on the Vikan mono brush? I know you tried several different flavours, i'm finding the Bentley is just too weak for the SLX pole for most jobs, i'm cleaning with the bristles completely splayed.

Im actually loving the Vikan more than ever now its on the SL-X, before it was just a burdern but this pole can cope with a chunky brush because its so stiff!!!

Of course I will end up using Gardiners new brush ( wehen it arrives ) but until then I will use the Vikan, I am also considering using a Tucker brush ( converted ) in the meantime ( if the new brush takes a while ) Luke

poleman

« Reply #218 on: May 01, 2008, 09:35:30 pm »
Sorry off topic again, Alex any date for when you will have some Super-Lite Extension Section in stock! when we last spoke was told mid May!

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #219 on: May 01, 2008, 09:51:54 pm »
Sorry off topic again, Alex any date for when you will have some Super-Lite Extension Section in stock! when we last spoke was told mid May!

As far as I know this is still the case but my experience recently with suppliers/factories has taught me not to hold my breath.