Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

macmac

Re: The OFFICIAL SL-X Review Thread.
« Reply #180 on: April 29, 2008, 10:54:42 pm »
The thing is by doing this it does increase the size of the pole by quiet a bit when collapsed,i want the pole to be fully collapsed and have the clamps still work properly.And your right if you go to far up the pole with the clamp it sounds as if it`s crushing it.

Even allowing for this NWH, the sl-x is still 9.5 inches shorter than a 24ft facelift when collapsed, so should be a good foot shorter when fully collapsed. ;)

Tony

Darren O

« Reply #181 on: April 29, 2008, 11:17:35 pm »
macmac whats  the better pole the facelift or the slx cheers Darren.

macmac

« Reply #182 on: April 29, 2008, 11:27:56 pm »
macmac whats  the better pole the facelift or the slx cheers Darren.

Don't know yet mate not used it. ;)

Tony

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #183 on: April 30, 2008, 10:31:26 am »
Darren, I have held both extended ( I own the SL-X ) and I would always buy the SL-X, Its lighter, stiffer and more compact....no contest, Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Darren O

« Reply #184 on: April 30, 2008, 10:42:11 am »
Luke holding a pole for a few seconds and using a pole on a job are totally different.Luke go away.

jampot

« Reply #185 on: April 30, 2008, 10:46:34 am »
bit harsh

Glyn H

« Reply #186 on: April 30, 2008, 10:54:59 am »
I do hope Luke gets commision from Alex :)

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #187 on: April 30, 2008, 11:00:24 am »
Luke holding a pole for a few seconds and using a pole on a job are totally different.Luke go away.

Darren, I was just trying to offer my advice from just holding both poles closed and extended. Unfortuantely I havent had the chance to use the Facelift for actual work, but there arent many people on here who have held both so I may be the only one or one of few who can offer you advice on this matter.

In this industry ( due to the nature of the price of poles and manufcturers being scattered about the country ) it isnt at all possible to try all poles out practically.

So therefore you have to base your thoughts on just a few minutes of handling at Window Cleaning Shows, or from pictures on the Internet.

The manufacturers display their poles in this way and offer you the ability to hold the poles either at shows or at their premises but you dont have the chance to actually go out and use the pole.

So if the manufacturers think its a decent form of advertising then I think I should be able to base my opinion of the pole from what they provide, Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #188 on: April 30, 2008, 11:05:03 am »
In actual fact Darren the 24ft Facelift was the pole I wanted before hearing of the SL-X. Ever since holding it at the Blackpool show ( and at that point not being able to justify buying it so getting a Brodex Pro-Long instead!! ) I have since held it again at Windex before getting my SL-X, and I was still impressed.

The Facelift is a highly regarded pole and will last at least 18 months ( the ones displayed at Blackpool where 18 months old and going strong ). But in my opinion it is not a true up and down pole ( being too long when closed to be a viable downstairs pole ).  Luke

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #189 on: April 30, 2008, 11:18:00 am »
Luke you already replied to the same question over a week ago when i first asked it macmac said he would be trying the slx out shortly thats why i asked him as i no i will get an honest reply.

Oh sorry Darren! Didnt realise, yes I recall you asking now! silly me. Yes it will be perfect if macmac gets to use both and give a review,  Luke

macmac

« Reply #190 on: April 30, 2008, 11:19:02 am »

I do agree with this, although a wee harsh on rupert.

I held both poles (without brushes) yesterday, one in each hand. there seems very little difference initially in weight & flex but keep in mind the sl-x is 3ft longer than the 24ft (atual 21ft) facelift & has one extra section making the sl-x's base section just a tad thicker. but like you say, all this could change in actual use of a pole. Many factors determine the overall usability of a pole IMO. For this reason i will use the sl-x for a couple of weeks before comparing it to any other pole. ;)

Tony

Jack Avery

« Reply #191 on: April 30, 2008, 11:19:44 am »
The SLX pole with the Bentley brush is a great combination. Its easy, light and above all comfortable to use. Since I started using the SLX after long day no aching muscles. The SLX is the best investment I`ve. My only regret is it was`nt around 30 years ago when I started window cleaning. Well done Alex!
Jack Avery

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #192 on: April 30, 2008, 11:20:30 am »

Your post has been reported, unnecessarily rude towards Luke, and I think the comments about people working for Alex for being positive about him or Gardiner pole systems, is totally ridiculous, and Glyn you need to start acting more professionally since you are representing a company, you could learn a lot from Alex in that regard.  ;)  ;)  ;)

Darren O

« Reply #193 on: April 30, 2008, 11:21:00 am »
Cheers Tony

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #194 on: April 30, 2008, 11:25:20 am »
Another thing to bear in mind with the SL-X is that even with a heavy Vikan brush it is super stiff because of the complex carbon weave.

So even if both the Facelift and SL-X are similar in flex without brushes, there will be a difference when both poles have brushes on.

That was the thing that suprised me most about the SL-X ( not having the new Gardiner brush and instead having to use the Vikan ) that even with the heavy Vikan it is sooooo stiff.

With the new brush it will be even better, Luke

Darren O

« Reply #195 on: April 30, 2008, 11:26:23 am »
G.Q.C who are you anyway.

Darren O

« Reply #196 on: April 30, 2008, 12:56:32 pm »
G.Q.C is now EOC Tim, very strange.

Darren O

« Reply #197 on: April 30, 2008, 01:09:06 pm »
Also why did one of my posts get deleted all i said was that macmac would give an honest opinion on both poles as he will ACTUALLY be using both poles.

NWH

« Reply #198 on: April 30, 2008, 05:04:17 pm »
Also why did one of my posts get deleted all i said was that macmac would give an honest opinion on both poles as he will ACTUALLY be using both poles.
I to have both poles.

Darren O

« Reply #199 on: April 30, 2008, 05:12:10 pm »
NHW if you dont mind me asking wich pole do you prefer and why cheers Darren.