This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

nat

Re: WINDOW CLEANING ROUND FOR SALE IN SURREY
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2008, 05:39:48 pm »
so many guys can't show the true earnings as they don't run it all through the accounts. i do and i would never sell mine at such a little amount.

If you can supply them details then i would pay good money for it no problems. with the work i've tried to buy in the past there is no evidence of earnings...sad but true

Rob_Mac

« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2008, 05:48:45 pm »
Jonah

I am amazed that you can call into question the integrity of someone you know absolutely nothing about. Yet still when the guy comes back on and defends himself - though he has no need to answer to you!!!, you are still unable to apologise.

I had a look back over your last posts and I find it interesting that you come from a point of view where your quality of work must be completely embarrassing to yourself.

In the posts about spiders nests and webs you go into detail on how you go round the nests and leave them on the windows to continue making their happy little homes.

If you cleaned for me and left cobwebs and spiders nests on the glass I would sack you.

Don't call into question on a public forum someone else before you have your own house in order, how long have you been cleaning windows?.

Another example of someone talking for the sake of it - if you don't know - shut up!!!! but don't put someone down you know nothing about!!!

Rob ;D

Spursboy1972

« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2008, 06:00:21 pm »
Well said Rob. Just about sums it all up I think ;D
Clear Vision~"The Difference is Clear"

Southampton- Hampshire

robbie14000

« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2008, 06:55:27 pm »
QCS- I read in a cleaning magazine last week that  people should value their business on a multiple of minimum  6 times your turnover if selling .
So I woulk say well undervalued.
I will try to find out which magazine it was.
Robbie

Davo

« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2008, 07:10:39 pm »
the trouble is your buying good will and a contract really isn't worth the paper its writen on,

Dont agree with that, use a solicitor who will tell you the best way to safeguard your interests.

If the buyer signs a contract then he is tied to the terms and conditions that it contains (as are you).

PS. The buyer should pay your legal fees, (almost certain its tax deductable for the buyer, and with that ammount of income  he will have some tax to pay.)

Mark

Rob_Mac

« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2008, 07:18:51 pm »
I'll tell you how I sold mine and I understand that this may not be the norm but the legal side of it is the same.

The person who has bought my round has workd for me for 2 years and knew the round, customers and the ins and outs.

When we agreed that it was worth the money I wanted for it I drafted up a copy of the round - work records and then listed the commercial work that went with it, customer, frequency, price and then all the incidentals such as brushes, trad gear, batteries, IBC tanks. Everything got listed.

This went off to his solicitors, I also enclosed an agreement that I would not develop work anywhere there was established work being sold (residential only).

This was all checked over he handed the money over - into my account.

I have offered him unreserved assistance for  a 6 month period, back up support, he has a suppliers list, a Ford transit swb on an 03 reg plate and two reverse osmosis units

Rob ;D

nat

« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2008, 07:20:21 pm »
have you ever tried to get anyone into court davo? i have and its a very long winded process and takes ages to make any kind of progress, thats if you can find them that is ::)

Davo

« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2008, 07:30:25 pm »
have you ever tried to get anyone into court davo? i have and its a very long winded process and takes ages to make any kind of progress, thats if you can find them that is ::)

Yes i have, county court didnt take long, oh and i won. But there again the person i took to court had signed a legal document to say that he agreed to the conditions of a contract ( drawn up by my solicitor) i suppose if i shook hands and said well lets be fair about it eh! i may have got shafted.

Mark

nat

« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2008, 08:35:43 pm »
county court? for how much money?

Pole2pole

« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2008, 11:08:05 pm »
Jonah

I am amazed that you can call into question the integrity of someone you know absolutely nothing about. Yet still when the guy comes back on and defends himself - though he has no need to answer to you!!!, you are still unable to apologise.

I had a look back over your last posts and I find it interesting that you come from a point of view where your quality of work must be completely embarrassing to yourself.

In the posts about spiders nests and webs you go into detail on how you go round the nests and leave them on the windows to continue making their happy little homes.

If you cleaned for me and left cobwebs and spiders nests on the glass I would sack you.

Don't call into question on a public forum someone else before you have your own house in order, how long have you been cleaning windows?.

Another example of someone talking for the sake of it - if you don't know - shut up!!!! but don't put someone down you know nothing about!!!

Rob ;D
am i missing something here or is Jonah takin the rap for being "alert" to buyin a round of somebody who had nothin to offer(at the time) but a mobile phone number? Jaysis.........If we all done otherwise, there would be a whole lot of criminals and chancers having a bloody good laugh at our expense. I(and a minority of others) might be alone on this one but i don't think you can't be careful enough in this game. Every week,people are posting telling us to beware of that person, don't buy from that other person,beware fellow window cleaners,just beware. And when someone does approach with caution....what happens? They get slated. Sad state of the world, but trust no-one and ya wont get ya arse bitten. Build a round off ya own back. That way, ya can't get shafted. I don't think Jonah's reply was neccessarily about the money but more to do with lack of information from the seller at the time. I'm not saying QCS is pulling a fast one. Far from it, but if it was your mother,brother or sister,father parting with 5k over the net you'd want them to check, check and check again.Wouldn't you?

qcs cleaning

« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2008, 11:32:12 pm »
please hold your horses, let me tell you a story

around 8 people that I know where they hold a similar business to mine have been shafted when selling their round.  One story was this guys business was earning him £2,000 per month, he had a mortgage and kids, he decided to go on holiday and let his friend look after his work for him, when the guy got back from holiday he told his friend that he was taking over and thanks, his friend just said no and threatened him, the guy has now lost his house.

Another story was that a guy was selling his business exactly the same way as i was the interested party told him 50% up front and then another 50% at the end once it was worked, the guy agreed and he got paid his first installment, then the other guy simply said that most of the round had cancelled and that he was not getting hi last installment, when he went round to his customers houses to find out if they had really cancelled, it turned out to be a load of rubbish and all the customers were saying was 'tough luck mate i would come back but all i want is my windows to be cleaned'.  So the guy sold his £6,000 per month business for £9,000.

The moral of this story is you cannot trust anyone to hand over the next 50% installment, why should they after all they have all your customers details.  I wouldn't even like to show them my work as they could go over my round and under cut me.

At the end of the day I can show the round working, I can give them a database with all the house addresses and contact details.  I have even taken them to my home to meet me.  I HAVEN'T SPENT YEARS OF MY LIFE BUILDING UP A SOLID BUSINESS TO GET SHAFTED AT THE END OF IT, I BOUGHT ROUNDS UP FRONT AND IT WORKED OUT FINE   

Pole2pole

« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2008, 11:34:53 pm »
You're sounding more approachable by the minute ;)

Grafters Cleaning Services

« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2008, 07:58:07 am »
I've been reading this thread with great interest and i get the impression that QCS seems okay to me, but it's fair to say one has to take big precautions when buying a round.
I think that this guy has answered all questions in a fair way without losing his cool
(which cannot have been easy judging by some of the replies)

Just out of interest I myself am buying a round off someone this week, it's only £258 worth, luckly I know the guy well enough but have still taken precautions as follows.
Total payable £516

deposit £258 then the remainder £258 to be paid in 3 amounts over the next 3 months

that way if any fall by the wayside I can reduce that amount on the final payment.

PS, if I was local to QCS I may well have been interested.
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

Spursboy1972

« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2008, 08:10:47 am »
I agree. He seems genuine to me. As I remember he has also tried to employ someone for his work in the past. Perhaps that was one avenue explored?

Someone before on this thread wrote that to value a business you multiply the turnover by 6!

That is totally wrong!

It is profits that you multiply by6 never turnover. Anyone can achieve turnover but you may not be profitable so why buy on turnover without profit. That would not make logical business sense.

Southampton- Hampshire

Rob_Mac

« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2008, 09:09:23 am »
Pole2pole

I am not going to be drawn into an argument but the angle I came from was more to do with the way Jonah blasted the guy before the thread had had the opportunity to get going.

The guy had been honest, open, left points of contact and offered to answer further questions - now there are those on here that may be under the impression that the next stage was to get the money deposited into his account but anyone with a modicum of common sense would have started to negotiate, view the round, work it and get an agreement drawn up.

There was no need to call the guys integrity into question. He has since come on and explained further - which would have been expected but despite all this Jonah has not got the backbone to apologise and the further he leaves it the less credibility he has.

He may be classed as a Cleanitup god but only because there has been a high volume of drivelling posts that really have very little substance. Some Newbie on here, may be swayed by being offered advice from a 'Cleanitup God' and may think that because of his status he knows what he is talking about - he clearly does not and has very low window cleaning capabilities - by his own admission!!!!.

I really despise the Cleanitup status of God and would prefer the site not to put the title on the postings as it infers experience and often this is not the case.

I will reiterate again that you cannot, on an open forum call into question someones integrity before you know something of them and the guy has been genuine, honest and open.

Rob ;D

jonah

« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2008, 09:24:33 am »
 :o :o :o Firstly I would like to say sorry for pre judging the person selling the work , I was well out of order !    I inadvertently insulted the person while try to warn otheres about buying the round .... my mistake and I am truly sorry  :-\   

Rob_Mac

« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2008, 09:26:13 am »
Well done that man ;)

Rob ;D

Spursboy1972

« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2008, 10:30:29 am »
If only more people were willing to own up to being wrong. very commendable.

Southampton- Hampshire

danny mckim

« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2008, 01:21:15 pm »
Well said jonah ! Everyone makes mistakes its admitting them thats a problem  for some

Danny

Grafters Cleaning Services

« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2008, 05:42:41 pm »
:o :o :o Firstly I would like to say sorry for pre judging the person selling the work , I was well out of order !    I inadvertently insulted the person while try to warn otheres about buying the round .... my mistake and I am truly sorry  :-\   

nice one m8,
it's good to admit when you've mad a mistake ;)
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk