This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Simply Clean Windows

Re: WINDOW CLEANING ROUND FOR SALE IN SURREY
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2008, 03:59:05 pm »
Bluez, i think you are missing the point,why try and sell the round for £10500 last month,and then buy more work this month and try to sell it,surely if you was selling a round you would not buy more work.
Malcolm

AuRavelling79

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2008, 04:22:51 pm »
Bluez, i think you are missing the point,why try and sell the round for £10500 last month,and then buy more work this month and try to sell it,surely if you was selling a round you would not buy more work.
Malcolm

Aha! My namesake also checks his facts - good man! Good questions. Maybe perfectly legit but caveat emptor and all that.

Any prospective buyer should at some stage (before handing over any lolly) be introduced to every client as the new owner. Then pay over three months knocking off 3x the value of clients that drop off.
It's a game of three halves!

bluez

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2008, 05:47:27 pm »
jonah, do you have some knowledge of this person or this round? If not then you should keep your advice a bit more general.

Sounds like a fair price if the work is as described. This poster has been posting for a year, his phone and e mail details haven't changed and he like everyone else should first get the benifit of the doubt before being cast as some sort of crook or chancer.

I can think of many reasons how a round has gone from 3500 to 5000, how about buying another round.

Malcolm, I didn't miss the point at all, if you read my post It clearly says that I can think of "many" reasons, I have just given one example, another may be that he has 10k of work and has decided to sell 50% now instead of 35% in his original post.

I don't know anything about this guy but as I allready said I feel he should be given the benifit of the doubt unless someone on here has information that would suggest otherwise. I have read most of his back posts and tbh I dont see anything of any great concern except that he is a bit of a buyer and seller of things, so maybe that will set some alarm bells ringing for some but it doesn't mean he is not on the level.

As always buyer beware.

hi

qcs cleaning

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2008, 05:20:31 pm »
GUYS, I CAN ASSURE EVERY1 ON HERE THAT THIS BUSINESS IS 100%, THERE IS NO HIDDEN AGENDA HERE OR SCAMMING GOING ON, I HAVE MET TWO RESPECTIVE BUYERS ALREADY AND BOTH OF THEM HAVE MET ME AT MY HOME ADDRESS.

I WOULD LIKE TO CLEAR UP A FEW THINGS THOUGH:

1) MY LANDLINE NUMBER IS 0208 660 0772 IF THIS IS SUCH A BIG PROBLEM I PUT MY MOBILE ON HERE JUST SO THAT PEOPLE COULD CALL IT FOR ENQUIRIES

2)I WAS SELLING THE ROUND PREVIOUSLY (TAKE HOME £3500 AND SELL FOR £10500) BUT I WAS GOING TO KEEP A PART OF THE ROUND FOR MYSELF (£1500) TO COVER BILLS AND THINGS BUT NOW I AM SELLING THE WHOLE LOT.  SURELY I AM ALLOWED TO CHANGE MY MIND

3)THERE ARE TWO MANY PEOPLE ON HERE WHO ARE WILLING TO SHOUT THEIR MOUTH OFF QUITE QUICKLY AND I FIND THIS VERY ANNOYING SEEING AS THEY KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ME.  AT THE END OF THE DAY THIS IS AN ESTABLISHED BUSINESS THAT I AM SELLING FOR 3 TIMES THE MONTHLY TAKEHOME, I CAN SHOW IT WORKING AND LETTERS WILL BE SENT OUT TO EVERY CUSTOMER NOTIFYING THEM OF A CHANGE.  YOU CAN EARN A YEARLY SALARY OF AROUND £60,000 FOR £15,000 IS THAT EXPENSIVE? I DONT THINK SO, ANYONE CAN CHECK HOW LONG I HAVE BEEN A MEMBER OF THIS SITE AND AM HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS BUT I ONLY WANT SERIOUS BUYERS.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2008, 05:42:37 pm »
GUYS, I CAN ASSURE EVERY1 ON HERE THAT THIS BUSINESS IS 100%, THERE IS NO HIDDEN AGENDA HERE OR SCAMMING GOING ON, I HAVE MET TWO RESPECTIVE BUYERS ALREADY AND BOTH OF THEM HAVE MET ME AT MY HOME ADDRESS.

I WOULD LIKE TO CLEAR UP A FEW THINGS THOUGH:

1) MY LANDLINE NUMBER IS 0208 660 0772 IF THIS IS SUCH A BIG PROBLEM I PUT MY MOBILE ON HERE JUST SO THAT PEOPLE COULD CALL IT FOR ENQUIRIES

2)I WAS SELLING THE ROUND PREVIOUSLY (TAKE HOME £3500 AND SELL FOR £10500) BUT I WAS GOING TO KEEP A PART OF THE ROUND FOR MYSELF (£1500) TO COVER BILLS AND THINGS BUT NOW I AM SELLING THE WHOLE LOT.  SURELY I AM ALLOWED TO CHANGE MY MIND

3)THERE ARE TWO MANY PEOPLE ON HERE WHO ARE WILLING TO SHOUT THEIR MOUTH OFF QUITE QUICKLY AND I FIND THIS VERY ANNOYING SEEING AS THEY KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ME.  AT THE END OF THE DAY THIS IS AN ESTABLISHED BUSINESS THAT I AM SELLING FOR 3 TIMES THE MONTHLY TAKEHOME, I CAN SHOW IT WORKING AND LETTERS WILL BE SENT OUT TO EVERY CUSTOMER NOTIFYING THEM OF A CHANGE.  YOU CAN EARN A YEARLY SALARY OF AROUND £60,000 FOR £15,000 IS THAT EXPENSIVE? I DONT THINK SO, ANYONE CAN CHECK HOW LONG I HAVE BEEN A MEMBER OF THIS SITE AND AM HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS BUT I ONLY WANT SERIOUS BUYERS.

Well said (though please please take the caps lock off as it's more hassle to read).  Although it's a good thing to be vigilant, at least someonwe could take a more detailed look at the business before questioning a seller's integrity.  If the work were further south, maybe I'd take a look myself.

bluez

« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2008, 06:04:10 pm »
See, a very simple explanation for the change in round value. Good luck qcs I would snap your hand off for £5000 for £15000 if it was in Ireland personally I reckon thats serious good value.

hi

TennetClean

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2008, 09:40:09 pm »
Good for you mate, I saw nothing at all wrong with your post I think it looks like a good deal and I wish you luck selling it.  Have you thought about advertising it somewhere (instead of here I mean, like a newspaper or mag)

THERE ARE TWO MANY PEOPLE ON HERE WHO ARE WILLING TO SHOUT THEIR MOUTH OFF QUITE QUICKLY AND I FIND THIS VERY ANNOYING SEEING AS THEY KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ME.

Exactly right mate, the problem with this forum is that it has too many numpties who actually know very little but like to go on as if they are window cleaning oracles.  Hopefully your clear and to-the-point post will shut them up on this thread.
My friends call me Tuppence Clean

jonah

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2008, 10:00:05 pm »
Good for you mate, I saw nothing at all wrong with your post I think it looks like a good deal and I wish you luck selling it.  Have you thought about advertising it somewhere (instead of here I mean, like a newspaper or mag)

THERE ARE TWO MANY PEOPLE ON HERE WHO ARE WILLING TO SHOUT THEIR MOUTH OFF QUITE QUICKLY AND I FIND THIS VERY ANNOYING SEEING AS THEY KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ME.

Exactly right mate, the problem with this forum is that it has too many numpties who actually know very little but like to go on as if they are window cleaning oracles.  Hopefully your clear and to-the-point post will shut them up on this thread.
"Thank goodness we have tennent clean to always be there to give the the correct post "

jonah

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2008, 10:20:24 pm »
Then again when it hasnt sold could could give comments why 1

TennetClean

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2008, 10:53:53 pm »
Fair point but I dont believe that some on here are genuine !  I may not put my point across well , but I wouldnt want somone new to lose a lot of money !  Call it intuition if you like but If I am wrong i will appologise .

Well Jonah?  We're waiting?  Are you a man of your word?
My friends call me Tuppence Clean

jonah

« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2008, 11:01:05 pm »
If it sells am gonna appologise and give a kiss to the new owner  ;D

bluez

« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2008, 04:14:04 pm »

Then again when it hasnt sold could could give comments why 1

Perhaps because some muppet on an on line forum is calling into question the bona fides of the seller. >:(

hi

qcs cleaning

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2008, 04:20:26 pm »
thanks tennetclean for the idea I thought I would put it on here first to gauge the response but I will advertise on other sites aswell soon.

I have two serious enquiries but the problem is one person wants to put down 50% first work the round and then put down the other 50% on completion, but I have known at least 8 people who have sold their round this way and they haven't received the last payment or the buyer makes up some excuse about the entire round cancelling therefore they are not paying the last installment.

When I bought my round I simply asked that the cleaner to send letters to all his clients that I will be taking it over, I then paid him up front and then I worked the round only 8 - 10 people cancelled, which was fine.  I want to do the same thing when selling my work, what do you guys (who know about window cleaning) think?

I was also going to provide a cancellation clause that has to be signed stating that if more than a certain number cancel then I will refund or get more work for the buyer.  Again what do you think?

nat

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2008, 04:25:23 pm »
the trouble is your buying good will and a contract really isn't worth the paper its writen on, have you ever tried to get someone into the small claims court? nightmare!! i would never part with the full amount unless i knew the person really well. how about taking 50% then working the round for one month with the buyer then on completion he hands over the other 50%. you don't need to introduce the guy as the new cleaner until the end of the month when you have the full amount of cash, he then knows the round is a working round and should not have any issues.

darren73

« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2008, 05:05:58 pm »
qcs,if i was selling i would expect all the money up front as it is a cheap run as it is and you are going to introduce everyone-if you get half the money the other half will nearly be covered by the buyer going out and doing the round which makes it a cracker deal for him-i sold a round before like that and ended up collecting for the other half which meant getting the money at different stages,i would not do this again as it was to much hassle-imo window cleaning runs are hard to come across,it should be all the cash up front and any run at three times the value is a bargain and should be snapped up,i personally think it should be at least 4 times the monthly value-good luck and hope you get a quick sale mate

Davo

« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2008, 05:08:44 pm »
Its amazing really, how many businesses can you buy that ( for arguments sake) net £30,000 a year for £15,000???

Some of you lot dont know your born somedays..

Oh and just to add, window cleaning rounds are no longer the preserve of really hard working men who climb ladders all day. anyone with a pole and a bit of practice can do it. I personally think many rounds are way undervalued.

Mark

darren73

« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2008, 05:11:02 pm »
well said davo,its been 3 times for to long,i sold a round 8 years ago for that

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2008, 05:17:54 pm »
When i bought mine i paid 1/2 up front, then we worked the round together for a week or 2 splitting everything 50:50 .

then when i was happy with everything i paid the last 1/2

nat

« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2008, 05:33:44 pm »
i would never hand over 15k for anything. don't care how good or how much work its for, i've seen pratts trying to sell old rounds, i've never been caught out as i'm to vigalant. a fool and his money are easily parted. you have to look out for yourself so paying part, seeing the product then paying the rest is very appropriate i think. each to thier own i'm just very cautious

Rob_Mac

« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2008, 05:34:09 pm »
I have some experience of this as I sold my residential workload on the 1st March 08.

My opinion is that you may be selling yourself short on the amount you are expecting, I know the rule of thumb is to sell for 3/4 times the monthly value but you are talking about a round worth £60,000 per year.

In anyones estimation that is a sizeable business.

The value of our work was higher than you have but I can assure you without going into details that I got much more than 3 times the value.

You must have an accountant - what does he value it at. Have it valued professionally and then market the sale properly. For too long now people have undervalued their window cleaning businesses.

I worked on my round for seven years there was no way it was going to be sold for as little as 3 times its value per month.

Go and have a word with business link/chamber of commerce and let them point you in the right direction, rather than being shot down on here by those that do not know a bargain when they see one.

Rob ;D