This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tonyoliver

COMPLAINTS complaints complaints
« on: February 11, 2008, 12:39:04 pm »
i have been going throgh the complaints since going wfp
i have been getting lots of complaints since december anyone else getting this?
a lot of custys were in at xmas time so saw the wfp for the first time

been wfp for  six months 20 yrs trad water 0 tds
no problms when 100 % trad

complaints vary from spots and smears  to streaks ect

when i check the jobs over they vary in condition from the custy is right to complain, to why am i here they are perfect

in line with others on the forum i have lost only 12 jobs  in six months
through using  wfp  but gained many more .

some were wiped over after i called leaving greasy windows one had varnish on the windows one was old lead and not suitable for wfp one complained of spiders web on frame and the rest were drips on bottom windows.
i do belive that some  simply created an issue so that they could cancel

and others canceled so that you didnt use wfp but were happy with trad again even though i am not

i do not sH.. my self every day thinking am i going home tonight or not?
I AM NOT SO DOG TIRED THAT I SLUMP IN THE CHAIR AT NIGHT.

my window cleaning life is much sweeter but oh these complaints are getting me down a little.
as they seem to come in batches i have altered mystyle of cleaning
but do you think it is impossibe to please all of the people all of the tmie?OR AM I BEING TOO SENSETIVE ABOUT ALL THIS >:( :(

Moderator David@stives

Re: COMPLAINTS complaints complaints
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 12:51:11 pm »
You cant please them all, the ones you have lost you maybe would have lost them in the future for some other reason, ie left the gate open , you have just got rid of them sooner than you would of.

Just be thourough, take your time and if they moan after that then you cant do any better.

Dont lose sleep over it.

Did you know most big firms have a dedicated complaints department.

BT have thousands  of complaints every week, do you think they lose sleep over it.

poleman

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 02:39:40 pm »
Make sure that top frame is clean (water runs clear) and a good rinse, remember everyone of us WFP users have been what you are going through, (well most) stick with it, it will come good in time, I promise and dont lose the faith or your customers will  ;)

Andy

Blackbushe Windows

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 03:05:27 pm »
Totally agree with Dave. Make sure you do the job well & hopefully things will settle down.

Peter
Blackbushe Windows.
Est. 1983
www.blackbushewindows.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 04:20:05 pm »
Smears you don`t get from WFP,i think your reffering to the runs at the top of the glass.If you get this your not doing the top frame well enough or if you don`t do the top frame your going to high with the brush and only half doing it if you know what i mean,what brush are you using 9 times out of 10 that`s the problem and are you using enough water,it dosen`t matter if it`s 000 if your not using the right amount and giving the glass a good flushing.

matt

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 04:29:22 pm »
welcome to the world of WFP ing ;)

NWH

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 04:32:57 pm »
I`ve said this before and i think it`s still right,if you get on with the customer they will give you the time to get it right,have confidence in what your doing and they`ll be less likely to go around checking after every clean.

williamx

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2008, 05:14:41 pm »
Spots on the bottom windows can occur when the tops are still dripping and the bonce off the window ledge onto the glass.

There are severals ways to retify this

Do all the tops front and back first, then wait a few minutes before you start on the bottoms.

Recheck the bottom windows after you have packed away, if there are still a few spots, blade the window dry and wipe the top of the bottom window frame.

On some windows you do get a little bit of smearing, what I do is add a little bit of gg3 and really scrub the glass then rinse off with plenty of pure water, after a couple of cleans this way the smearing stops.

NWH

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2008, 05:16:09 pm »
Never had any smearing myself.

matt

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2008, 05:21:36 pm »
I`ve said this before and i think it`s still right,if you get on with the customer they will give you the time to get it right,have confidence in what your doing and they`ll be less likely to go around checking after every clean.

indeed, if you mention it'll be good in a clean or 3, they mostly dont even btoehr checking

oh and ive said it before

it helps to just to the upstairs, at least you know the downstairs will be good by hand

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2008, 05:28:07 pm »
very true i get on well with all but a handful of custs and most were very good and let me get on with it.I only lost 2 customers because they were not happy, 2 others i dropped because the windows were so crap it wasnt even worth trying,and one bungalow said he "didnt like all the mess" .But you still get em,just after xmas a bloke rung me to complain that he had just got home and his windows were dripping wet and there was a ticket saying i had cleaned em so what was going on???? the thing is i have ALWAYS done his windows wfp  ::) he just hadnt been there to see it so never knew any different ,just that this time he got home before they had dried ;D

NWH

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2008, 05:44:11 pm »

indeed, if you mention it'll be good in a clean or 3, they mostly dont even btoehr checking

oh and ive said it before

it helps to just to the upstairs, at least you know the downstairs will be good by hand
I don`t find this to be as timesaving as doing the lot WFP,i`m looking to save as much time as poss.Most of my customer are out so it`s a bonus for me.

tonyoliver

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2008, 08:39:31 pm »
thanks for the reconfidence boost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Londoner

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2008, 07:11:10 am »
I have the same sort of things all the time and it does wear you down. WFP is a compromise and not everyone is going to like it.

The thing to remember is that 95% or more of your customers are fine with it. You are working more than 5% faster and making more than 5% more money so you are ahead of the game.

OK so you lose a few, you are running a business. taylor your business to your needs and part of it is having customers that fit in with your plans.

barry80

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2008, 09:28:49 pm »
JUST FACE IT LADS!!!!!! WFP IS RUBBISH ITS LIKE TRYING TO PAINT WINDOW FRAMES WITH A HOSE PIPE , OR HAVING A CHOCOLATE FIRE GAURD IN YOUR LIVING ROOM   :(,  INVEST IN LADDERS!!  AND GOOD OLD ELBOW GREASE LIKE IVE BEEN DOING FOR 25 YEARS. I GUARANTEE  YOU GET 110% NO COMPLAINTS THIS WAY EVER !!!
hello.

NWH

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2008, 09:32:44 pm »
JUST FACE IT LADS!!!!!! WFP IS RUBBISH ITS LIKE TRYING TO PAINT WINDOW FRAMES WITH A HOSE PIPE , OR HAVING A CHOCOLATE FIRE GAURD IN YOUR LIVING ROOM   :(,  INVEST IN LADDERS!!  AND GOOD OLD ELBOW GREASE LIKE IVE BEEN DOING FOR 25 YEARS. I GUARANTEE  YOU GET 110% NO COMPLAINTS THIS WAY EVER !!!
When i feel like cutting my income in half i might consider that one. ::) ::) ::) ::)

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2008, 09:38:12 pm »

Troll

NWH

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2008, 09:39:56 pm »
The way forward is to think about getting off the ladder not falling off it.

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2008, 09:41:38 pm »
JUST FACE IT LADS!!!!!! WFP IS RUBBISH ITS LIKE TRYING TO PAINT WINDOW FRAMES WITH A HOSE PIPE , OR HAVING A CHOCOLATE FIRE GAURD IN YOUR LIVING ROOM :(, INVEST IN LADDERS!! AND GOOD OLD ELBOW GREASE LIKE IVE BEEN DOING FOR 25 YEARS. I GUARANTEE YOU GET 110% NO COMPLAINTS THIS WAY EVER !!!
you are gonna last about 5 minutes on here ::) 95% of custs just want muck cleaning off THEY DONT SPEND ALL DAY CHECKING WINDOWS AND THEY STILL PAY SO WHY WOULD I WANT TO GO BACK TO ROOF WORK by the way if you press the caps lock again you can turn the capital letters OFF ;D

johnny_h

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2008, 09:45:45 pm »
here we go another wind up merchent
AUDI VIDE TACE