This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

maxcarpets

Re: When you walk into alltec do you......
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2008, 10:07:39 am »
Dave,

I am not and have no need to critise FT neither does it wind me up. I will say it again, if I had invested in FT I would be gutted that 6 other people were using the same marketing as me in my area. I know it is not all the same, but at first glimpse it looks the same. Pink, picture in same place, same heading. I have never needed to use anyone else marketing but I must stress I am the kind of person that never switches off I'm sure I made loads of mistakes and I'm sure I will make more however, I have a burning desire for success and motivation has never been a problem for me. I work 6 days a week and when needed 7, I have great loyal guys that share my desire and we all get a nice living. I seem to detect a touch of, "But how can you succeed with FT"? It can be done.

Justin

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2008, 01:19:42 pm »
We donot know what price Justin goes  at.

It is obvious to all he has a workable business model.

But we are all individuals and its personality  and drive that makes it work. Over a period of many years.

maxcarpets

« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2008, 02:56:05 pm »
Thanks Ian, it is nice to see that someone recognises that I have acheived doing it my way, and to be told If I am not prepared to have the FT slogan on my vans I should think about doing something else is so ridiculas that I refuse to comment on this anymore. Brain washed I rest my case.

Justin

Neil Grainger

« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2008, 03:24:13 pm »
I'm not brainwashed Justin honest, Some of it is good and some is very bad but those that follow it to the letter and do well are going to sing its praises.

It is silly for people to tell you how to do it if you have a successful business without doing it the FT way.

It has helped me be more proffesional but I would not do it now or in the future because their are to many and it has been oversold. Robert Saunders has milked it to much, why do you think that Horrible Woman Anthea Turner is now their Mascot.  Same stuff different package for twice the price but it will work for some of them. you never find out who fails because they just go out of business.

maxcarpets

« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2008, 03:33:54 pm »
Cheers Neil,

The whole point of this was in fact to say how unfare I think it is that FT is over sold as you rightly put it, and I've never even looked into it for myself but I came under attack for having a view. I shall remeber to speak when spoken to, and if I dont agree I shall just keep quite.

Justin

klinger (spa clean)

« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2008, 05:52:49 pm »
CARLSBURG CARPET CLEANING probably the deepest clean in the world...bit fairer I think ;D
klinger of spa clean.

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2008, 06:01:53 pm »
Hi Justin

Just to say I think you and I are on the right lines. I like to do my own thing rather than follow a formula. It works for me.

If anything I tend to downplay how clean/good the job will be, then when the custy comes to review if they are over the moon. Now I know in myself that I will have done a really good job and what is possible but I would always feel as if I was setting myself up for a fall if I used the "best clean ever..." route.

I've heard enough times from first time users of my business to know that I am doing a better than expected job and that I will be used again and referred on. And that at the end of the day is all we really want. (And is certainly cheaper than spending lots of money acquiring new customers rather than servicing existing customers.)

SO providing the quality of your cleaning backs up your sales pitch then you're winning.

Cheers.

Roger
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

mark shannon

« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2008, 06:31:34 pm »
I think the "best clean ever " is an ad  headline to get in the door
and then custys expectations are lowered on the survey.

Dave_Lee

« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2008, 07:14:19 pm »
Justin,
I am not having a go at you. I respect your opinion, we simply differ. I also have never siad you NEED FT to succeed. I was a succesful CC for over 20 years before I even heard about it. All I am saying is it helped me and many more guys that I know. As for using the guarantee, whether it seems ridiculous to anyone doesnt matter. We are all entitled to promote our own businesses in the best possible light, and if some choose to use that banner, whats wrong or unfair about that. Its up to those others to think of something better. Lastly if you think CCs that have done the FT are involved in some kind of cult obsession that have been brainwashed as you say - well I'm sorry but that suggestion is just so laughable you obviously just havent got a clue as to what its all about, but that's nothing new because all attacks on  the FT, come from people who havent done it.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

maxcarpets

« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2008, 07:26:48 pm »
Dave,

I consider myself told off, and concede I know nothing.

Justin

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2008, 07:47:23 pm »
JUSTIN

the adverts say increase your business by 50k or your money back

So you could give it a go.  also you get to meet Anthea.

Dave_Lee

« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2008, 07:49:42 pm »
Justin,
Lets not fall out. I didnt say you know nothing, just nothing about the FT. What I dont get is why people attack those who have done it. Why do they do that, and why do some people criticise CCs for being members of the NCCA, why?
Dave.
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.

Neil Grainger

« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2008, 07:52:51 pm »
Why would you want to meet here, Old News. She's just be sacked from the BBC for being to old, and thats Radio 3.

They could have got someone better, What about Kim and Aggie.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2008, 07:53:19 pm »
Ian, when they say increase your profit by 50k then it'll be worth a try. Anyone can increase business by 50k
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Neil Grainger

« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2008, 08:04:16 pm »
dave, could you tell me what percentage of CC's on FT are making money and the numbers that fall by the wayside. You can never get these figures from Alltec, I dropped out because of the extra money you need to spend to make their marketing work.

Your never told that you need another £10,000 to make it work, so for the new start thats just not an option.

Dave_Lee

« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2008, 08:25:29 pm »
I have no idea about the percentages. I was only in it for the first year, got what I wanted out of it, and that was that, about five and a half years ago. The guarrantee is not the FT its just one of many stratergies. It does cost money to market, thats for sure but everyone knows that. Some do carried away with it in my opinion, but I have no right to criticise them for that, it their choice.
I do defend FT, especially when someone comes out and calls us "the hypnotised gang all drooonong." thats just plain rude.
Dave.
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2008, 08:39:50 pm »
FT isn't a franchise so there are no exclusive areas, if you and your neighbour do it so be it but the same can be said if your neighbour advertises the same ads and van design the same as you anyway.

FT is a focus on getting the right customers to pay your prices not the 'street' prices ie if you go to a local rag and most of the cc are doing a suite for £50 then how do you set yourself apart? by doing something different!

McDonalds make burgers and so do TGIFridays which one is cheaper? which one do you think will taste the best? but to the outsider it's just a burger but are TGIFridays offering a Fast Track style of burger?? ( because I can tell you it will be far more expensive) but you will get dazzled by service.

Shaun

maxcarpets

« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2008, 07:37:40 am »
I am aware of all these points, I know its not a franchise and the hypnotised bit was meant to be a joke, I thought that was plain to see. My original point was actually defending people who are prepared to invest 10K plus, in this but the same package can be sold to their next door neighbour, in my opinion and it seems only my opinion I think this is wrong.

Dave I have couple of questions for you

1/ Did you go from 0 to Porsche in 6 months?

2/ Are you the next carpet cleaning millionare?

Justin

carpet guy

« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2008, 08:12:05 am »
Justin
You're like a dog with a bone, you're asking questions which have been answered pretty reasonably, but not giving the anawer YOU WANT TO HEAR so you keep asking.

First, let me say that two of the most successful carpet cleaners in the U K are users of the F T marketing from Alltec.

ANY MARKETING COMPANY IN THE WORLD wants to sell to as many people as possible, consider the seminars, where they get 1000 plus, paying £1000 plus for tickets.

No matter what industry wer're talking about, THERE IS NO FINITE NUMBER OF PROSPECTS.

It's also a mathematical fact, that the 80% / 20% rule will apply and from every purchaser of ANY marketing plan, only 20% will implement what they have learned and  only 20% of the 20% will follow it fully.

So, if 100 people attend a seminar / purchase a marketing aid, out of the original 100, only 4 will follow the plan religously, while 16 will follow it, but only when it fits in with their past experiences and 80 will " cherry pick "or " do what they have always done.

MILLIONAIRE

If you generate enough income from carpet cleaning and invest the profits correctly, YOU COULD BECOME A MILLIONAIRE

There's a regular poster on here, who's heading in that direction, might even be there!

murky

« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2008, 02:29:04 pm »
Interesting thread this.

One point not realised by peoiple is that EVERY  pink letter I see says that they have been doing this since 1986.

Or 'my business has been going for 20 years'.

Well thats tosh. I have seen them come and go over 15 years, I know my opposition!

There are very few people who have been doing this for 20 years, I saw a letter in a regular custys house the other day, we were discussing it and the custy said to me he must have started just after he finished his paper round he was so young.

And also you must have been doing a cr***y standard of work to not have a decent data base and have to go on a FT course to try and get work.

It would be interesting to find out what the trading standards people would say about it.

Murky