Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave_Lee

Re: When you walk into alltec do you......
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2008, 03:01:11 pm »
Justin,
I will answer your two questions. The answer to both is, no. I had been in this business for 23 years when I did the FT, and am now in year 28, I was 57 at that time, and so it came a bit late for me. I hadnt done any advertising at all for arouind 13 years prior to the FT, I was busy all the time with repeats and refferals, where ALL my work came from. I had family reasons for the need to get more out of what I was doing financially, so I booked myself on the FT. As I have said the answer to your questions is, No, but then they never said I would. I am very satisfied from what I got for my money, even though I implemented only the parts of the programme, that I was comfortable with. I doubled my turnover and profit far faster than I would have done without it and their fee was repaid to me many times over. I have gone from strengh to strengh since, and dont regret a thing.
As to what you say is the main point you were trying to get across. We have a number of CCs, in our area using the same banner, doesnt bother me. In my own town, one guys banner is "Carpet Cleaning at Its Best" saying the same as me, but differently phrased. I know him and we get on well. Of all those using the FT banner, only a few have actually done the FT, some have just purchased the Piranah stuff, others have simply copied the guarrantee.
If its is such a stupid banner, that custys dont fall for, one that puts them off, as you infer, then I would have thought that yourself and all that think the same, would welcome all that do show the same banner - in fact more the merrier, so I cant see the problem.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2008, 03:06:19 pm »
When i was in sheffield I went in TCIFridays spent  a load of dosh was not overwhelmed by service but agree burger marginally better than Big Mac

what anoyed me I spent a considerable sum feeding family that day at TGI Fridays in fact i was exited about going to TGI we do have them in the sticks.

But when I went back a little later in the day they would not let me go to the loo, had to go to Premier lodge instead.

Back to Justin

I think its time for him to explain his marketing statrgey and what prices he is acheiving. As I said before he has a model that works

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2008, 04:51:17 pm »
Perhaps TGI's wasn't a good example I've been there and wasn't impresses but you get the idea though.

Shaun

« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2008, 04:56:56 pm »
They only accept paying undesirables. ;D

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2008, 05:01:31 pm »
I can put up with being an undesirable but "paying aswell!"

Shaun

maxcarpets

« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2008, 06:07:53 pm »
Dave,

Again the porsche etc was a joke I couldnt resist. But I will ask are more sensible question honest answer yes or no. Would you be happy to have 6 other companies using the same pink flyer as you on a  (very) regular basis in the same homes that you target.

Ian,

As I said between £35 - £100 per hour. I cater for different circumstances and I cant say no, something is better than nothing ( at times )

WOW this thread has some legs.

Justin

Dave_Lee

« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2008, 07:30:47 pm »
Justin,
Answer - No. I doubt you have that much a concentration of Fast Trackers, must be copiers. They cant all be aware of it, can they, or they would try something else.
Dave.
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.

*paul_moss

« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2008, 07:45:04 pm »
Fast track is not just about the pink flyer or marketing banner it is a full support programme from start to finish and covers everything from trainning,sales,marketing,profit and loss and guidence/support.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

maxcarpets

« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2008, 07:49:11 pm »
I KNOW! Sorry, but what I am saying is that 6 different people use FT marketing through my front door on a regular basis, Pink flyer, Picture of proprietor, The most thorough clean ever etc and if I had invested in it I wouldnt be happy, thats all. Can no one agree with me that ( if this has come from alltec ) it is over selling?

Justin

garyj

« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2008, 08:06:44 pm »
I've got a Fast Tracker near me, I'm glad he uses his picture on all his literature because he's the ugliest git I've ever seen.

But if nothing else, it has made people get off their bums and market themselves, you only have to look through some sections on here to see most don't have a clue how to market or even write a letter.

The first machine I bought was from Alltec, so I was bombarded with sales stuff from them. In my opinion if you have got half a brain, then there is MORE infomation on this site than the whole of FT!! The info on here just wasn't around 5 years ago and there are some fantastic marketing books around now, go and raid Waterstones business section, I spent £85.00 last week, keeps me quiet at night  :P.

If I had paid 2 or 3 grand for a training package I would be really cheesed off that someone up the road was using it.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2008, 08:08:28 pm »
If you can imagine that 1 company does it and says to his mate "it's good this pink flyer" then his mate thinks I'll do it and so on of course it could happen, imagine if your mate says "is carpet cleaning good money?" then he and some others start up at the same time, in the US there's a CC around every corner we are only 10 years behind.

Shaun

Dave_Lee

« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2008, 08:20:42 pm »
Justin,
Yes, I can understand that, fortunately, I dont have that same problem, in my area. I personally have never blanket leafleted the pink flyer, because I designed a better one myself, (incorating some of the pink flyers aspects) that works really well on the few occasions that I get to put some out.
Alltec have no control over these things, they simply supply (at a cost) the stratergies, it is up to the individual, as to the extent and manner in which he applies or doesnt apply them. He is coached and informed on the best ways to do so, but how much notice he takes, is his decision.
There are a lot of CCs out there, who have got their hands on the stuff, but dont understand the concept of how to use them to their best potential and will never get the same results.
Dave.
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.

« Reply #72 on: January 29, 2008, 08:25:35 pm »
Correct me if I'm wrong but the FT system seems to focus on high end residential-which is fine.

But I don't hear too much about getting commercial work. Is that right?

The reason I ask is that despite this being an exellent forum and people are very helpful with cleaning stuff and marketing to joe public, the marketing to commercial clients and all the nitty gritty stuff like contracts etc is less forthcoming.

If FT could propel someone into the commercial arena it might be worth a shot, if you haven't worked it out already.

garyj

« Reply #73 on: January 29, 2008, 08:44:45 pm »
What do you call a good response Dave, I've put out 400 leaflets in the last 24 hours and have 4 bookings and I am disappointed with that. I wanted to change my copy as I had a brain wave over the weekend ( which is rare ), but by the time I phoned the printers yesterday they were already done. So I have 15,000 leaflets to get rid of before I can put my new exciting idea into practice.

Mike, my main business is the commercial cleaning sector and believe me, these people don't care about their carpets, they get them cleaned once in a blue moon. I did manage to book a few which paid for nearly half my Ninja in the first week I had it, but I bet you I'm not back into them for another year. I've got a company that spends nearly 2k a month to have their bins emptied and the place vacuumed everyday, but they won't shell out to have the carpets cleaned!!

« Reply #74 on: January 29, 2008, 08:50:46 pm »
Gary

You are joking arn't you 1:100 response and you are dissapointed?

If that's true the no wonder so many are using them.

re commercial 2k to empty the bins? Councils are the latterday highwaymen.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #75 on: January 29, 2008, 08:54:20 pm »
Gary you seem to have go a good idea of what business is all about but you must know your customers wher are you in the pricing market? top. middle or bottom? to get 1% response is very good but if the average spend is £30 then it's not as good as first made out.

This is only a pie in the sky figure but you see my point?

Infact I have a very good idea for (respectfully) lower than average pricing structures if you are interested?

Shaun

garyj

« Reply #76 on: January 29, 2008, 09:02:50 pm »
Its not FT Mike, it's my own leaflet.

;D ;D, empty the waste bins next to the desks, OK it's a little bit more work than I let on, but you get the idea.

Yes Shaun I am interested in your idea. I would admit I am not in the 'high' league, but to me 40 quid an hour is good money, most of my overheads are taken care of by the commercial cleaning side, so I see carpet cleaning as a welcome bonus.

The average spend for the 4 jobs is £85.00. I am comfortable with 85 pound for a sofa and I'm comfortable with £75.00 for HSL and dining room. I hope to pick up many more customers from these leaflets in the coming months, but so far I am disappointed with 1%. but then again you know me, I'd be disappointed with 50% because that would mean I still wasted half my time leafleting  ;D

Dave_Lee

« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2008, 09:13:18 pm »
I get on average over a two year period, 15 jobs per 1,000 leaflets directly, plus a few where the leafllets are that are passed on to others. I say two years because people do keep them, and that is the main pick up period. Initially after a drop, I have known it be 10 jobs after only 200 going out, at other times, initially it has only been 1 in 1,000. I always look at it, that if I get more than the accepted norm .001% then its a bonus.
I dont get time to put them out as much these days, and though I know I could improve it further, my leaflet works very well for me. I have only let one other CC see it and allowed him to copy it. He reports that its results are the best hes had with a leaflet. John (Shsh).
Dave.
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #78 on: January 29, 2008, 09:22:31 pm »
One of the tings I have found trying to do an infotype leaflet as advocated by Paul Gorman  is it takes time to come up with your own wors and template.

The advantage of The JPpack is its done for you

What i do not like is when you try to make adjustments perhaps put your own words in one of the boxes  the entire thing gets thrown out of kilter and you spend hours trying to reajust .

Perhaps leaflet templates are more stable, or perhaps there is a way to lock the text boxes  Jenny or myself do not know about.

Also applies to our own design bit cheesed off starting again every time I want to change words font size etc.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #79 on: January 29, 2008, 09:35:04 pm »
Ian why not set out a word doc blank page then re type items into boxes change them around to suit a bit like they do on a newspaper editing board and then that's it. Make sure you do it in portrate so they read it like a newpaper not a photo album and columns as it breaks up the text.

Shaun