This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jdemarco

Re: i think ive struck gold with my new employees!
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2007, 02:20:20 pm »
They have both got very good attitudes towards work

you've only known 1 of them 1 day how can you possibly know if he has a good attitude towards work ::)

you will come unstuck very soon Jdemarco, watch yourself otherwise you will have no business left! i've learned from my own mistakes and i'm sure you will to and one of them is taking workers for granted that everything is fine, espeacially on them wages!
The 1 lad ive just taken on ive known for years so i do know his attitude. My business is thriving and has been from day 1. Where i live is a gold mine of oppurtunity there are many areas still screaming out for reliable window cleaners.
Why do you all bother commenting? ::)
Because i offer a hope for window cleaners who want to achieve more. What do you offer? Apart from your negative feedback!

jdemarco

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2007, 02:21:21 pm »
when i told him ill pay him 50 pound a day for the first month and 60 pound a day after that he was made up and said it was a fantastic wage. He was on 40 pound a day before.

If they are over the age of 22, by law they should earn the minumum rate wage, which is £5.52 per hour.

By you paying them £50.00 a day, this works out at £5.26 per hour so you are breaking the law.

You wage system also implies that you don't pay an hourly rate, the only workers who I know who are paid on a daily rate are also claiming benefits, and their employers don't have employer liability insurance as well.
There both 21

supernova77

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2007, 02:21:52 pm »
jdemarco,

I am intrigued to know how two of your guys can turnover £500+ per day.

Would you mind if I worked along with them for a day to see how its done?

Andy

Helen

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2007, 02:23:54 pm »
Andy, would you expect the £50 or £60 per day rate?

supernova77

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2007, 02:25:05 pm »

No, I would do it for nothing just to see how its done!

Andy

MSTAV

« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2007, 02:26:23 pm »
chillie sauce with that mate

Helen

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2007, 02:28:04 pm »

No, I would do it for nothing just to see how its done!

Andy

All the way to Anglesey and back and a days work too!    Thinking of starting a round up over there are you due to the fact there are not any reliable WC's there. other than  JD's of course ;D

supernova77

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2007, 02:30:06 pm »
All the way to Anglesey and back and a days work too!    Thinking of starting a round up over there are you due to the fact there are not any reliable WC's there. other than  JD's of course Grin

It would be worth the travel to see how jdemarco manages it.

Helen

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2007, 02:32:28 pm »
"""Where i live is a gold mine of oppurtunity there are many areas still screaming out for reliable window cleaners""" Once your guys catch on, I guess they will go off by themselves and grab these other areas.  :o

Kwackers

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2007, 02:40:52 pm »
i went out on my 4th day cleaning today and cleared £526 on my own, using a backpack, don't know what all the fuss is about ::)

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2007, 02:43:14 pm »
Because i offer a hope for window cleaners who want to achieve more. What do you offer? Apart from your negative feedback!
I'm not negative at all.
I'm a realist though.

I don't exaggerate, I tell the truth, not what people want to hear or what impresses people.

jdemarco

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2007, 02:46:59 pm »
jdemarco,

I am intrigued to know how two of your guys can turnover £500+ per day.

Would you mind if I worked along with them for a day to see how its done?

Andy
Your more than welcome. Anytime after christmas!

williamx

« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2007, 02:47:56 pm »
when i told him ill pay him 50 pound a day for the first month and 60 pound a day after that he was made up and said it was a fantastic wage. He was on 40 pound a day before.

If they are over the age of 22, by law they should earn the minumum rate wage, which is £5.52 per hour.

By you paying them £50.00 a day, this works out at £5.26 per hour so you are breaking the law.

You wage system also implies that you don't pay an hourly rate, the only workers who I know who are paid on a daily rate are also claiming benefits, and their employers don't have employer liability insurance as well.
There both 21

I take it that you also pay them their hoilday entitlement, which at the moment is 4.8 weeks a year on full wages, this is going up to 5.6 weeks in 2009.

They should also have at least 20 minutes rest breaks, if they are to work more than 6 hours, these can be taken away from the working enviroment, and these breaks can be longer if there are health and safety issues with their jobs.

You also pay their national insurance contribution of 12.8% as well.

jdemarco

« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2007, 02:48:39 pm »
I'm not negative at all.
I'm a realist though.

I don't exaggerate, I tell the truth, not what people want to hear or what impresses people.
That makes 2 of us then...I DONT LIE!!

jdemarco

« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2007, 02:50:03 pm »
Tere both self employed.

There both 21

I take it that you also pay them their hoilday entitlement, which at the moment is 4.8 weeks a year on full wages, this is going up to 5.6 weeks in 2009.

They should also have at least 20 minutes rest breaks, if they are to work more than 6 hours, these can be taken away from the working enviroment, and these breaks can be longer if there are health and safety issues with their jobs.

You also pay their national insurance contribution of 12.8% as well.

Grafters Cleaning Services

« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2007, 03:00:22 pm »
£500-00 a day? yeh ok ;)

even if this were the case you are grossly underpaying them
they won't last 5 minutes when the reality kicks in of the potenial earnings from window cleaning

if i had 2 guys earning me £500-00 a day ;)
i would happily pay them £100 each per day, therefore they would be on £500  per week (5 days)
and i would be getting £1,500 per week for sitting on my a*rse (probally retire on that, almost £78,000 per year)

if what you are saying is true ;) then pay them a decent living wage :(
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

jdemarco

« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2007, 03:16:51 pm »
£500-00 a day? yeh ok ;)

even if this were the case you are grossly underpaying them
they won't last 5 minutes when the reality kicks in of the potenial earnings from window cleaning

if i had 2 guys earning me £500-00 a day ;)
i would happily pay them £100 each per day, therefore they would be on £500  per week (5 days)
and i would be getting £1,500 per week for sitting on my a*rse (probally retire on that, almost £78,000 per year)

if what you are saying is true ;) then pay them a decent living wage :(
I will do eventually. Everyone that has worked with me the past 2 years have earnt the same amount 500+. so what does that tell you?

ronnie paton

« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2007, 03:33:49 pm »
jd they not working today??? or have you popped home and left them doing the job??

Wot is your company called again??

supernova77

« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2007, 03:44:47 pm »
jdemarco,

Are you VAT registered yet?

Andy

jdemarco

« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2007, 04:10:39 pm »
jdemarco,

Are you VAT registered yet?

Andy
yes and no!