This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Sir Squeaky

Re: i think ive struck gold with my new employees!
« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2007, 07:27:08 pm »
Oh, come off it.

Unable to achieve a top daily rate?
£160-odd quid from 9.15-3pm with an hour for lunch is crap is it? ::)
That's £32-odd per hour.

Often I make far less, but I work 3 to 4 days a week, run a brand new van and an 3 year old MPV, I have all the toys and gadgets in my house, go out on weekends and play golf regularly.
..and I've still got cash in my pocket and my bank balance goes upwards.

Oooh, It's one long struggle. :-\
Yeah, I've stood still. ::)

NWH

« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2007, 07:44:44 pm »
LOL,am i right in thinking that a while back you were wondering how you were going to pay your tax bill,may or june i think it was. ::) ::) ::) ::)

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2007, 07:58:20 pm »
I had a double bill, because they were putting my account in advance.
Also, that was when I'd been off for 6 weeks and I was just starting wfp.

I'm 30-40% quicker now. ;)

Once I fill the empty weeks I'll have a good income.

Helen

« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2007, 08:08:49 pm »
At the moment its 6000 pounds a month. Picked up a few more last week and lost a couple this week so poss just over 6 grand. I didnt get the extra work i was after that went to a chap who used to work with me, wasnt much good then cant imagine hes any better now, another hit and miss. but now have alot more time for canvassing the whole of Anglesey and then into north wales main land.
Is that £6k per month or per every 4 weeks, not that it matters that much as either means you must be or should be vat registered. Would suggest that you declare all my friend after disclosing your figures here ;)
hmmm a chap that used to work with you got this other business, even if he is not that good, doesn't that tell you something?  :)

jdemarco

« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2007, 08:26:41 pm »
At the moment its 6000 pounds a month. Picked up a few more last week and lost a couple this week so poss just over 6 grand. I didnt get the extra work i was after that went to a chap who used to work with me, wasnt much good then cant imagine hes any better now, another hit and miss. but now have alot more time for canvassing the whole of Anglesey and then into north wales main land.
Is that £6k per month or per every 4 weeks, not that it matters that much as either means you must be or should be vat registered. Would suggest that you declare all my friend after disclosing your figures here ;)
hmmm a chap that used to work with you got this other business, even if he is not that good, doesn't that tell you something?  :)

Yeh it tells me that he wasted my time and wasnt true to his word. All rounds will come back to me eventually anyway so i wasnt that bothered it will just take longer to get it. Very few good workers up here. 6k a month so a bit more if every 4 weeks not including when i go early, but i dont want to start that discussion up again!
 Will be vat registered asap sweetheart. ;)

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #65 on: November 13, 2007, 08:57:38 pm »
what i dont understand is that youve had previous workers and paid them £500 per week and they are hit and miss when it comes to turning up . what a laff anybody on a wage like that dont hit & miss they turn up .
where theres muck theres money

ronnie paton

« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2007, 09:03:41 pm »
were abouts in anglesea is it jd, be worth the travel from manchester to be earning £78, 000 plus working 3 days! ::)

fybertec

« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2007, 09:11:54 pm »
I'm so glad I popped over to the window cleaning section to have a read.
Cheers Jay

Jamie

« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2007, 10:00:21 pm »
Squeaky.
Your experience exactly mirrors mine. £35 a day ,£45 a day. I was really slow and didn't have much work.

Eventually I got to about £80.

Now I average about £120 per day.

I have one of the best, if not the best van set ups on this forum and a very succesfull background, and there is no way that jd's entry level trolley with two half sharps is going to tatter me.

JD is entertaining and good value for money, but he should realise that that someone will drop him in it. I speak as someone dropped in it more than once. If anyone does get dropped in it ask me and I will try to help.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #69 on: November 13, 2007, 10:28:56 pm »
Are you all saying that you declare every penny that you earn. All my work is cash in hand!

What a great businessman you are!

Andy
We all have our flaws!
what is your round value per month JDE ?

I reckon your employees must have large keys in their backs so you can wind them up too   :)
Seriously though, with time, I think the figures you speak of could be attained with hard graft and good business management.  I think you need to take a long hard look at your VAT situation though.  If you get caught out, they can be merciless.  The burden of proof doesn't seem to lie with them either.

mark dew

« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2007, 01:01:13 am »
what i dont understand is that youve had previous workers and paid them £500 per week and they are hit and miss when it comes to turning up . what a laff anybody on a wage like that dont hit & miss they turn up .

I dunno.

It wasn't from window cleaning but i was earning £1200 a week a few years back (until it burnt me out).
I didn't turn up for half of it the next month. Still earnt 2.8k the next few months and was finished by 3.30 each day. (And noon on a friday  ;D). Happy days.
Being younger and easy come easy go, i didn't see the point earning all that cash when i was far from home with very little time to spend it.
Am sure there are many others like that.

I speak as someone dropped in it more than once. If anyone does get dropped in it ask me and I will try to help.

;D

supernova77

« Reply #71 on: November 14, 2007, 08:51:19 am »

£6000 a month?

That's funny because in this thread http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=44325.20 (page 2 post 17)  a month ago you said that your round was worth £8000 a month?

You've lost an awful lot of customers in 1 month???

Andy

john tomkins

« Reply #72 on: November 14, 2007, 09:23:50 am »

£6000 a month?

That's funny because in this thread http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=44325.20 (page 2 post 17)  a month ago you said that your round was worth £8000 a month?

You've lost an awful lot of customers in 1 month???

Andy

Look he's got money coming out of his ears. What's a couple of grand here and there ::)

stevekennedy

« Reply #73 on: November 14, 2007, 01:28:06 pm »
I have been told that most companies run on 10-15% profit margin. This is after you have taken a manager's salary from your figures.

I think th £500 per day £110 wage equation is unsustainable.

Plus, you are hiring them for only 3 days?

What will they do with the other days?

Roof rack? Ladders? You bet!

Pretty soon they will figure out that they can make more doing 3 hours for themselves rather than 3 DAYS for you

People are not stupid, they will soon work it out.

I would think about paying them 20% each. Take 30% for your salary. 20% for the expenses and 10% profit for the company.

What does everybody else think?

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #74 on: November 14, 2007, 03:28:46 pm »
I would think about paying them 20% each. Take 30% for your salary. 20% for the expenses and 10% profit for the company.

No chance, they'll run a mile.

I used to work for Ian for 50% and that used to do my head in.
£500 week and I had to give him half and go home with a poxy £250. :(

Sure enough I left in the end, and I'm miles better off.
You need to pay someone at least 50%.

stevekennedy

« Reply #75 on: November 14, 2007, 04:42:22 pm »
So you would give them 50% each? So you make...  ...nothing?

Sorry, Squeeky, I don't understand  ???

Perhaps you mean 25% each?

What about the costs of a van, insurance, diesel,  etc.
When you worked for Ian, was he paying for all these things?

If we're talking subcontracted, well, that IS a different story.

The 50% (25% each) would defo be justified in that case.

ronnie paton

« Reply #76 on: November 14, 2007, 04:42:50 pm »
steve i really think 10 % percent is way way too low.

You want to be earning at least 30/40%,f you have 2 turnover of £500,000 a year to earn 50k a year ???

ronnie paton

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #78 on: November 14, 2007, 04:58:20 pm »
What about the costs of a van, insurance, diesel,  etc.
When you worked for Ian, was he paying for all these things?
Yes, and he raked it in from me and whoever else worked for him.

« Reply #79 on: November 14, 2007, 05:09:38 pm »

No chance, they'll run a mile.

I used to work for Ian for 50% and that used to do my head in.
£500 week and I had to give him half and go home with a poxy £250. :(

Sure enough I left in the end, and I'm miles better off.
You need to pay someone at least 50%.

when you took home £250 did you have to pay your own fuel, insurance, mot etc ect ?