This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

advanced

hose pipe ban
« on: November 10, 2007, 08:49:47 pm »
its on its way , the goverment is going to put us all out of business very soon  you watch as soon as we get  another drought period  hose pipe bans willl include us straight away , i hate this labour goverment  .

m.b.s.

Re: hose pipe ban
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2007, 08:54:10 pm »
have you signed the petition

NWH

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2007, 08:55:22 pm »
Can`t see that happening myself,it wasn`t that long ago the H&S people were telling us to get off ladders they can`t have there cake and eat it.

NWH

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2007, 08:56:12 pm »
And all the time i can get the water i WILL be using WFP.

LWC

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2007, 09:08:30 pm »
im not rubbing it in your faces...but i have my own boar hole, so im making my water is MY water, so it shouldnt affect me...which makes me think IF (very big IF) it does affect you guys, you need to start collecting rain water...hell we have enough of it

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2007, 09:32:00 pm »
Very good LWC, good that you have a bore hole and good that we should collect rainwater.

Unfortunately you will not be allowed to use a hosepipe on anyone's property because the ban is for the use. And intended to be even handed- no water for window cleaning- hospitals, government buildings, and includes your domestic customers. The source of water doesn't matter.

LWC

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2007, 09:36:08 pm »
The source of water doesn't matter.

dear me, never knew that!

LWC

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2007, 09:41:32 pm »
butttttttt, if we start making our own water now. then we wont be using their supplies, so no ban will take place  :)

simple collecting your own water

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2007, 09:44:11 pm »
That's how it reads. Even if you were okay, there would still be custies neighbours etc with something to say.

The annoying thing about this is it would not be a drought order, but a hosepipe ban that the water company can bring in at any time it feels appropriate.

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2007, 09:49:40 pm »
its on its way , the goverment is going to put us all out of business very soon  you watch as soon as we get  another drought period  hose pipe bans willl include us straight away , i hate this labour goverment  .
I spoke to a head person in a water company about this, they said that if a ban comes in and they have not had one for 15 years it would affect the domestic market first (we are not domestic) then it will afftect the commercial market (we are all commercial) then so on.

The whole reason for the change of the ban is becuase home owners having been flaughing the laws at the moment cant you a hosepipe yet you can use a pressure washer and fill a hot tub or swimming pool, this new ban will cover that, I think that is fair enough.

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2007, 09:55:09 pm »
No the water person told you wrong.

It's on usage.

Previously certain organisations were exempted, such as councils, but it was thought unfair that they could wash their vehicles (for example) while similar commercial orginisations could not. Therefore the change has been on usage and one of the uses included is window cleaning. Hence the radio debate and controversy.

LWC

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2007, 09:59:33 pm »
where is this petetion?

need a cleaner

neil100

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2007, 08:33:42 am »
I will carry on regardless with wfp.UNLESS

If  my customers told me to stop as I am banned.

If it was a really bad drought and the water supply was really low that you you had to go and qet your water in a bucket from a standpipe.

Failng that I would not pay any fines that came my way.I would make a stand and see if the goverment would send me to prison for breaking the so called law.

THe headlines would read. RAPISTS AND HARDENED CRIMMANLS REALESED EARLY TO ALLOW SPACE FOR WINDOW CLEANERS IN PRISON

A crazy crazy world. Meanwhile the country is being bled to death through leaking water pipes that the water companys are not fixing.

Nel.

LWC

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2007, 09:00:28 am »
I will carry on regardless with wfp.

im with you on this one...good post neil

steve m

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2007, 10:04:01 am »
is it not possible to claim compensation if a hosepipe ban is brought in and we aren't allowed to work

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2007, 10:21:39 am »
No the water person told you wrong.

It's on usage.

Previously certain organisations were exempted, such as councils, but it was thought unfair that they could wash their vehicles (for example) while similar commercial orginisations could not. Therefore the change has been on usage and one of the uses included is window cleaning. Hence the radio debate and controversy.
I am not going to start a argument about it, but this is what was said to me, it is aimed at the domestic market as at the moment they have no powers to stop the filling of hut tubs etc etc when others can use a pressure washers, I simplifed that answer it does cover alot lot more as you say but will be on a tier system starting with domestic customers first.

advanced

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2007, 03:26:35 pm »
 i have signed  the petition , i feel that  we are  being used as  a scape  goat all the time  and i am sick of it and what for the  suppliers  and manufacturers of wfp not a peep out of them.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2007, 03:32:40 pm »
i have signed  the petition , i feel that  we are  being used as  a scape  goat all the time  and i am sick of it and what for the  suppliers  and manufacturers of wfp not a peep out of them.

I wouldn't put my shirt on it but don't be surprised if there's a lot going on behind the scenes that is invisible to most of us.

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2007, 03:47:57 pm »
There is nothing going on behind the scenes. no lobbying, no writing of letters to mps putting our side of the argument, no attempt at mitigation for us to be educated and follow best practice.
No liason meetings scheduled- no experts instructed- No big push to get people to sign the petition even if they didn't start it- no unifying of the orginisations to fight the common cause  -nowt.