This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul Coleman

Re: How much is this work worth?
« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2007, 11:30:09 pm »
It sounds like quality work.  If there is a contract in place that guarantees it for at least a year (hopefully more) 4 - 5 times monthly income would be OK I reckon.  Even if it all went wrong after a year, you would still earn reasonably OK from it even allowing for the upfront cost.  Without guarantees, it's much harder to say.  As someone else said, it only takes a change of manager and it can all go down the pan.  In that case, much better to pay 20% of the monthly turnover but if you sub it out already, you would probably make more by continuing to do so.
It sounds like some nice work you've got hold of there.

Pure H20 Cleaning Services

« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2007, 11:35:06 pm »
The problem is all that window cleaners are selling is addresses not a guarantee of work its like fools gold, we were asked what we thought it was worth i like some others said 2500 whats the problem with that?
In the kingdom of the blind
The one eyed man is king

Paul Coleman

« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2007, 11:50:41 pm »
The problem is all that window cleaners are selling is addresses not a guarantee of work its like fools gold, we were asked what we thought it was worth i like some others said 2500 whats the problem with that?

I suppose the old saying holds true that something is worth what someone is prepared to pay.  If it's more lucrative for him to keep the work and make a bit from subbing it out then I guess he might as well take that option.  If I was selling work like that with a contract, I reckon I would want at least 4 - 5 grand for it.  Nothing wrong with offering 2500 though as all these things may be negotiable.  £2500 would probably secure the work if it was reasonable domestic work.