This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cavanagh_matthew@y

SHOOWROOM BUILDERS CLEAN
« on: August 28, 2007, 01:56:14 pm »
HI, HAVE BEEN ASKED TO QUOTE ON A BUILDERS CLEAN OG A BATHROOM SHOOWROOM AND OFFICE, HOW MUCH WOULD U CHARGE FOR THIS SORTA WORK, PROB GOIN TO NEED 3 OR 4 CLEANERS DO GET IT DONE IN ONE DAY.

ANY HELP WELCOME THNKS

Paul-T

Re: SHOOWROOM BUILDERS CLEAN
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 02:53:00 pm »
Sorry - with such a message I would not waste my time employing you. I know the expression "if you ain't got nothing good to say then say nothing at all"................crap, you're representing the cleaning industry, you need to improve your professionalism!

I hope that was helpful to you............................THNKS!

cavanagh_matthew@y

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 07:15:40 pm »
WITH COMMENTS LIKE THAT SOMEONE NEEDS TO GET SOME MANNERS......THNKS
SOMEONES GOT THERE KNICKERS IN A TWIST..... OH AN I DIDNT WANT YOU TO EMPLOY ME, WHOEVER WORKS FOR YOU MUST BE AN IDIOT... THNKS

Jake

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 07:47:07 pm »
Matt

If you could supply more information about exactly what is involved, how many rooms etc, someone might be able to give advice.

Oh. and turn your 'caps lock' off  ;)
Exeter, Devon

Bertie Boo

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 08:00:17 pm »
......steady on Paul

Stephen

Paul-T

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 08:43:25 pm »
As some may know, I speak my mind - the fact is if the truth hurts then don't read.

Actually those that have worked for me have done alright out of it. I treat my cleaners as I treat my clients.................with respect.

However, when there is a message requesting help in capitals, text speak it makes you wonder how on earth that quote will look. The fact is this industry already has a bad name and tarred by those that really don't give a darn. Many want it to change and clearly there are those that don't.

Maybe some believe by 'acting' a certain way towards clients....(builders?) they may get the job. You may just get the job but no respect. That is a bad situation to be in - I had one contract with those BIG boys. The portakabins were, well lets just say you would not keep a pig in those same conditions. I'm guessing some may have already have the expereince of that. By the time I had my way those builders were afraid of dropping a peanut. That is a true story. We had respect and anytime there was an upset in the cleaning we would receive an apology. Its not a difficult thing to do, to change peoples impression of what a cleaner does and what they mean to someone's working environment.

So, what do we want, respect from our clients which we rightly deserve or the same respect that is given at the moment which doesn't amount to much. If we allow someone, whether here or elsewhere to represent the cleaning industry in such a way are we helping to make those changes?

There are too many cowboys out there and to believe it is okay to request help in such a lazy fashion then we don't hold much hope of changing the industry and the majority of those that suffer are the small businesses starting out.

Sorry if I have offended the few - I hope some know I don't do it intentionally but I will speak my mind as I hope others will of me!

Bertie Boo

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 08:49:50 pm »
Paul, please, read the original post at face value, you've read quite a lot into it that i for one didnt see...

Be fair, no one said that he was going to send out a quotation in block capitals, and even if the gentleman in question is not particularly 'up' on English (this may or may not be the case, i'm merely saying) it is not to say that he wont get someone else to do the letter...fortunatly for me i have never had any trouble putting a pen to paper which does mean i am not reliant on others to do this BUT my maths is not great and for that side of the business i have to employ help. Its just the way it is...

Cheers

Stephen

Art

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 09:08:05 pm »
Paul,

Did you post on here under another name?

Arthur

richyvezy

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2007, 09:11:46 pm »
Who could you mean Arthur ?  ;D

Art

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2007, 09:19:25 pm »
Well Richy.

Paul does come across like a few people i can think of  ::)  ;)

cavanagh_matthew@y

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2007, 09:49:26 pm »
WOW, SOMEONE NEEDS TO GET A LIFE...... JUST BECAUSE I WROTE IN CAPTIALS THAT CLASSES ME AS A COWBOY HAHAHA
REALLY THINK U NEED A HOLIDAY OR SOMETHING AS YOU WAY TOO UPTIGHT...  I WAS MERELY ASKIN A QUESTION ABT A BUILDERS CLEAN........LOL THIS IS A CLEANING FORUM NT THE NATION NEWSPAPER....

Paul-T

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2007, 10:46:39 pm »
To all posters;

A quote was mentioned. I took that to mean a quotation would be sent out once advice had been given.

If this person communicates in this way for advice and running a business then I dread to think what they are like to deal with in the professional sense. What I have written, maybe offensive, but it isn't far from the truth, is it not? This isn't about being able to read or write....it is about how someone presents themselves.........I for one would not like to be told how I should present myself personally but surely it is about working and creating a business. If this person, or anyone else can not handle this style of criticism then maybe they should not be running their own business at all - believe me they have much more to come than a simple posting upsetting them.

I know what I would do and I am pretty sure what other organisations (including builders) would do if they happen to find something on their desk looking like what we have seen. They wouldn't even waste anytime shredding it.

Perhaps I am on the wrong forum. Maybe this forum is about simply starting out, learning a little...expecting a lot and not putting anything in..........................?

As for others comparing me with someone else...I don't know who you mean, however from what I have seen on here there can't be many like me on here since they'd rather be on a more professional forum. Surprisingly, when I first came here I thought it was...clearly not.

As for writing in capitals making you look like a cowboy, cavanagh.....I didn't state that it did, it was your overall posting that did that.....and still does.

I will continue giving out my advice, if someone wants to listen to it that's great...if they'd rather ignore it or challenge it that is also great. At least, as seen it sure is creating discussion and debate rather than the mundane postings I've seen of late...sorry!  :)

Bertie Boo

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2007, 10:48:37 pm »
....i think he just wanted help with arriving at  the over-all price.

Stephen

Art

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2007, 10:55:35 pm »
Paul,

Did you post on here under another name?

Arthur

Paul, you didn't answer my question?

Paul-T

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2007, 11:07:37 pm »
Art

..........erm...not that I know of. Please tell me more. Is there someone impersonating me? How awful that would be, watch out, you're all in trouble now!  :P

Art

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2007, 11:11:53 pm »

As for others comparing me with someone else...I don't know who you mean, however from what I have seen on here there can't be many like me on here since they'd rather be on a more professional forum. Surprisingly, when I first came here I thought it was...clearly not.

Sorry Paul never noticed this in your post before i asked again if you were a reincarnation.

I've been reading your post of late, well not all of them as the long war and peace type posts bore me to death.

I'm sure you mean well, but you come across a little harsh which really isn't called for. Your going on about professionalism in our industry, which i would love to see across the board aswell, but having a go at someone for there grammar and coming across as you do is only going to put off new people from asking questions and then they'll end up doing silly things, because they didn't want to be mocked for asking for advice.

Oh and the bit of your post that i've quoted above, makes you sound as if your way to good for us lowly cleaners. I'm sure it wasn't meant to come across like that.

Lighten up Paul. It's nice to be nice  ;)

Arthur

Paul-T

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2007, 11:26:49 pm »
This is exactly as I would expect - my postings haven't been that harsh, but how would you want it to be? Maybe I should tip toe and be more careful about the use of words for fear of upsetting someone?

Please I thought you were here as professional people building businesses? And with a comment such as the one you made clearly demonstrates your belief as to where cleaners are, I for one don't see cleaners that way. Never have done and never will.

However, since my posts are clearly too long I shall leave it but how people can communicate properly with one or two sentences is beyond me!

Hey ho!

Art

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2007, 11:39:50 pm »
This is exactly as I would expect - my postings haven't been that harsh, but how would you want it to be? Maybe I should tip toe and be more careful about the use of words for fear of upsetting someone?

Please I thought you were here as professional people building businesses? And with a comment such as the one you made clearly demonstrates your belief as to where cleaners are, I for one don't see cleaners that way. Never have done and never will.

However, since my posts are clearly too long I shall leave it but how people can communicate properly with one or two sentences is beyond me!

Hey ho!

There you go again. What does this is exactly as i would expect mean?

I'm not saying you should tip toe around people, but being rude isn't called for.

Your assumption about us all being pros is hopefully right, but if your implying that i'm not because i think your out of order is being silly.

The bit about lowly cleaners was me trying to lighten things up  ::)

Posts are a bit like marketing letters. If you go on and on then i usually lose interest and stop reading. So one or two sentences are fine.

cavanagh_matthew@y

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2007, 02:23:12 pm »
PAUL. IS THIS FORUM A WAY YOU CAN GET YOUR FRUSTRATION OUT OF BEING A LOSER..A SIMPLE QUESTION OF HOW MUCH SHOULD YOU CHARGE FOR A JOB HAS TURNED INTO YOU LOOKIN LIKE A COMPLETE ARSE... THIS FORUM IS NT A PROJECTION OF HOW PROFESSIONAL YOUR COMPANY IS, ITS A QUESTION AND ANSWER FORUM OR BRIEF CONVERSATION, YOU HOWEVER DNT SEEM TO UNDERSTAND THIS.....BLESS.....WE CNT ALL BE PERFECT CAN WE HAHAHA. OH AND BEFORE I FORGET CLEANING IS USUALL YDOWN WITH MANUAL LABOUR AND HOW GOOD THE STANDARD OF CLEANING IS, NT BY WRITTING LETTERS.......

Fox

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2007, 03:18:22 pm »
Yes cleaning is down to labour and standards but we are also discussing running a business which does involve letter writing etc. 

It really doesn't matter which industry you run a business in if you are the owner/director you will be expected to come across professional and know not just about the work you are to carry out but about business planning, cash flow, marketing etc etc.

I know this thread started as a simple price question and seems to have fallen into a bit of a slanging match which in all honesty I probably am not helping!  But I feel strongly that business is not just black and white, just because you possess the skill to clean it doesn't make you a manager.

Fox