This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cavanagh_matthew@y

Re: SHOOWROOM BUILDERS CLEAN
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2007, 04:09:09 pm »
NO OFFENCE FOX BUT DNT GET INVOLVED PLEASE,,,,  I WAS MERELY MAKIN A POINT ABOUT HOW PATHETIC THAT  PAUL IS. YES I UNDERSTAND HOW A COMPANY RUNS AND BEING PROFFESIONAL ETC THE POINT IS.. PAUL IS NERD.AND CANT DISTINGUISH BETWEEN ASKIN A QUESTION TO ANSWERING IT LOL I DNT THINK HE LIKES PEOPLE USING CAPITAL LETTERS EITHER. HAHA

richyvezy

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2007, 04:33:55 pm »
The initial post was not asking how to run a business though, only a pricing question !!  ::)

A certain person decided to use that opportunity to come to the conclusion that cav is not cut out to run a business purely on the way he typed/asked a question !! How is that right ?  ???

If people haven't got anything constructive to say they should simply not reply at all or go elsewhere.....which thankfully it seems that's where he has gone.  ;D

cavanagh_matthew@y

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2007, 04:35:43 pm »
WELL SAID RICHY

Neil-MDC

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2007, 07:41:31 pm »
anyway, back to the main topic. i have carried many cleans to show homes in the past. If its a proper builders clean then quote accordingly and dont forget to include your overheads!

If its just an office, bathroom i would say £180 with one person working 6 hours.

when you say showroom do you mean the whole house? if so i would quote £310 for one person at 10hours

Neil

cavanagh_matthew@y

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2007, 08:13:06 pm »
hi neil,
ye its a proper builders clean as its a brand new showroom/house and office
they want it done in one day theres around 15 to 20 different bathrooms in there..., so i was thinking around what you said £310. you think i could get away with £400 for  two cleaners...

Neil-MDC

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2007, 08:18:31 pm »
15 to 20 bathrooms!!!! well i only do a 3 bed showroom ONLY builders clean £310. re-clean and sparkle extra charge.

richyvezy

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2007, 08:30:46 pm »
Matt

I can't honestly see you getting all that done in one day with just the 2 of you mate !! If they insist on it being done over the one day I'd be looking to put at least 4/5 peeps in there and charging a hell of alot more than £310 or £400 !! Is there any follow up cleans ?

Richy

cavanagh_matthew@y

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2007, 08:46:51 pm »
sorry theres 10 bathrooms...looked at my notes...2 cleaners plus myself was thinking of doin it with, so u think one more cleaner then..how much more where u thinking of around the £ 500...

Bertie Boo

« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2007, 08:47:57 pm »
Hey Fox!

I must tell you that i have always thought what you wrote was fair and informative. But i don't think it is fair for any of us to judge the way Matthew runs his business by the way he types on here.

Like i said, even if writing a letter isnt his forte its not the end of world if he has to have help in this area. I have to pay to get my books done as my maths is not good.

Not that i have any reason to speak in your defence Mr Kavanagh (i still havent forgiven you for saying i run a mothers tea party not a cleaning service  ;D) but no one deserved to be pulled apart like that.

On the original point, it was one (AGAIN) about price, matthew as i suggested before, are you able to find out what the competition is charging and what the going-rate is? This will be your true benchmark.

Cheers

Stephen

Neil-MDC

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2007, 08:49:29 pm »
i agree it does sound like a big job. if there are re-cleans and sparkle clean then its not too bad.

it takes me 8-12 hours to do a complete builders clean, thats including windows inside. then a re-clean is followed after that completed by a final sparkle clean.

Each part could be anywhere between 2 weeks and a month between each other.

cavanagh_matthew@y

« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2007, 08:52:18 pm »
thanks for your comment Bertie Boo, ill stick up for you in future,, and sorry again for the past comment..lol

Art

« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2007, 09:30:00 pm »
Well Matthew, i'm glad you've worked out how to take the caps lock off  ;D

cavanagh_matthew@y

« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2007, 10:59:39 pm »
SHUT UP.... NO WASTING MY TME TLKIN TO MUPPETS LIKE YOU.......GO BUGG SOMEONE ELSE ,, NO HOPER....

Art

« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2007, 11:03:14 pm »
SHUT UP.... NO WASTING MY TME TLKIN TO MUPPETS LIKE YOU.......GO BUGG SOMEONE ELSE ,, NO HOPER....

I'm a bit shocked by that reply. If you read my post on this thread, it was me who stuck up for you in the first place, when Paul was slagging you off.

I'll know better next time

richyvezy

« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2007, 11:04:59 pm »
I think or hope Matt was joking.......

Fox

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2007, 08:28:35 am »
Hey Fox!

I must tell you that i have always thought what you wrote was fair and informative. But i don't think it is fair for any of us to judge the way Matthew runs his business by the way he types on here.

Bertie Boo

Where in my post do you read that I am judging Mattew on how he runs his business, especially by the way he types!  I quite rightly stated my views on running a business and the fact that I disagreed with his opinion that it is the standards of cleaning that mattered not letter writing!

He did reply saying that he understands how a business should be run but he posted it to wind Paul T up.  As far as I was concerned that was the end of it, I had my opinion which I posted and he replied.  However it seems it's not, as you now think I am being judgemental, how can one be 'judgemental' of a person they do not know.  I believe in non-conditional positive regard and will continue to treat people with such respect until I am given cause otherwise.  I am also entitled to my opinion and I stand by any opinion I wish to express.

Fox

Bertie Boo

« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2007, 10:30:16 am »
Fox

The whole of your post -to me- seemed to be judging the author about how his business is run. Thats how it came across to me. Me. My opinion. Thats how it looked from where i was standing (or sitting).

Whilst i dont disagree with what you said, it was unfortunate -i thought- that these comments were put into this thread when the original question was nothing to do with how the business is run and what skills may be needed, oh and the fact that being a good cleaner doesnt automtaically make you a good manager...it was someone wanting help arriving at a price.

Anyway, there is no reason why you or i should lock horns over it, heaven knows its all gone a bit sour already.

Cheers

Stephen

cavanagh_matthew@y

« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2007, 12:21:15 pm »
ye was jokin richy...lol
Seems too many people on here have nothign better to do than whinge and moan, think its funny really. anyways i sent the quotation off yesterday and today  i got an email from the company saying i had got the job....start it next sat.
Thanks for everyone that posted worth while comments. Oh and paul looks like writtin in capitals doesnt matter does it hahaha

Neil-MDC

« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2007, 06:16:34 pm »
no probs good luck

neil

mark dew

« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2007, 12:38:43 am »
I for one would not like to be told how I should present myself personally
there can't be many like me on here since they'd rather be on a more professional forum

TOOT TOOT!! ::)