Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

vangaurd

no work
« on: July 10, 2007, 09:02:36 pm »
whats going on 2 jobs in 8 days
throw me down a rope!

The Great One

Re: no work
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 10:35:19 pm »
Snowed under until October now, student season is upon me.

Although that is mainly cleaning them, get to do a few carpets as well.

Regards

Martin 8)

*paul_moss

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 10:44:43 pm »
Van take a trip to the Sheffield area, you may land lucky.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

Aquakleen Restoration Services

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 10:46:13 pm »
wow snowed under until October

MWAHAHAHAHAHA

The Great One

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 10:50:06 pm »
Hi

Yeah, got about 70 student cleans to do!

Their toilets are something to be seen  :o

Carpets are usually trashed beyond us cleaning Jesus's. Get to do a few though.

Just had a six bed £2.5 M house come in (Gonna have ross with me for the windows)

Tapers off at the End of October.

Regards

Martin 8)

*paul_moss

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 10:54:03 pm »
Martin
Good luck you will need it  :D
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

stevegunn

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007, 08:25:57 am »
Contact yetholme properties in Jesmond student lets need doing.Only downside is they are poor payers(60 days+) I dropped them but did get lots of work.They tend to be not too bad as domestic cleaners go in first.

Aquakleen Restoration Services

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2007, 09:58:21 am »
Tony i dont know if you do it or not but get some leaflets printed up and stick them thru letterboxes. It can be soul destroying but you should never ne idle when you run your own business. There is always marketing to be done.

Contact D&P Printers in Hull. I got 20,000 for £99 (inc p+p) and they are more than ok! Even if you get 1 job a thousand from them its more than your getting now.

Give it a go

Jeremy

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2007, 01:53:35 pm »
Gents.

I learned a big lesson with the carpet cleaning business and that is it will never make you rich if thats the only thing that you do.

I decided to get into hard floors (tile & grout) and landed a 1500m2 shopping centre as my first job.

No one else is doing it and I decided to take a chance and charged more than double the price per square meter as with carpet cleaning, and they accepted.

I am now meeting with a large national retailer and also the investment holding company for the first shopping centre for another 11 shopping centers of which one is almost 5000 m2.

Bottom line is I sat down one night and looked at all the things I could do with my TM. I then phoned and visited every shopping centre manager, nagged them, demonstrated and nagged them again.

I have also completed my first sand stone strip and seal job, also using my TM and it payed well (although it cost me a lot more than I expected but I put this down to school fees)

Don't be affraid. You'll be surprised at what you can do with your carpet cleaning skills.

Jeremy

ollie

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2007, 02:15:38 pm »
 i deliver at least 300 leaflets a day whatever im doing, this guarantees at least 15 jobs a month on top of other advertising and referals
ollie

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2007, 03:57:48 pm »
This is my latest, I'm not saying it's fool proof but turned a potential crap week into a good one.

Find an upmarket estate then find a close with 10-20 homes. Got to be 3+ beds . Knock up a leaflet saying free demo clean of hallway, on first two responses.

If they don't ring knock on the door next day. But chances are they will.

Leaflet says you want to do a whole house report on condition of carpets and furnishings.

Anyway out of 40 letters got two demos. Got both to do lounge and finisg hallway proper, one with protector hsl. That's over £250 in the bank from next to nothing.

May have been lucky though and don't want to do it unless I have to.

This is classic JP stuff

Steve Chapman

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2007, 04:53:50 pm »
Jeremy,

have been thinking about getting into tile and grout cleaning, is it very easy to do and get set up?

Is it as straight forward as carpet cleaning or are there other issues involved, and addition tools needed etc.

cheers
steve

JS2

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2007, 06:29:38 pm »
Sounds like demand is very regional.  By the way, Martin (Brighton), are you still dry cleaning carpets only ?  Been wanting to ask you for a while as I'm still thinking along that route.

Regards

Pete (JS2)

The Great One

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2007, 07:32:06 pm »
Hi Pete

Yes absolutely, never done it any other way.

Still love it, still getting great results.

Spent all day up to my marigolds in student clag (9-5pm) the air was turned blue with my constant swearing at the filth in which people allow themselves to live (first time away from Mummy)

A moth went up my mates nose (much to my constant amusement)

Got the big one tomorrow ( the LA calls the rubbish Toot... i call it c r a p. At what level does rubbish turn into Toot?)

Wanna go Dry carpet cleaning?

Go for it, CC for 5 year olds, That's why I can do it (sucks thumb!)

Regards

Martin 8)

cleanability

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2007, 10:25:34 pm »
Hey Vanguard I'm with you mate. Ive got half a page ads in 2 YP's, Thomson ad, reminder cards every month, been trading 10years and i do a bleeping good job and middle of the road prices. And I've never been so quiet. I think the guys on this site who are booked solid til xmas and charge £200 a suite are virtual carpet cleaners and dont exist lol I find myself not coming to this site much cos everyone is busy bar me. But we know most ppl never like to admit being quiet. Well I will and I am lol.

Chris

The Great One

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2007, 11:25:00 pm »
Hi

I was quiet early on in the year, but as I said I am busy from 30th of June til end of October, then it goes quiet again.

I have known for months this was coming, as all the check out dates are all arranged. They already told me I was getting most of it. I don't claim to do or have what I don't, if I'm quiet then I am, if not I ain't going to lie.

Last year was the same but I held down a full time job as well, also have a family. Got 4 hours sleep a night, saw the missus for an hour a day, the rest was work both business & job.

No job anymore though. Today was 2 student lets (minging) tomorrow is the 6 bed and friday are another 2 student dreams, today was crawling with bugs, moths and spiders everywhere, and amazing amount of gunge, mould, cacked on dust and a toliet I would even vomit into.

But, hey, someones got to do it I guess.
Regards

Martin 8)

will01

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2007, 12:32:03 am »
1) Arrive at job

2) Introduce yourself and wipe your feet (even if you don't need to)

3) Asked to be shown the job first (patting toddler on the head as you walk by) and give an honest assessment of how you think job will turn out.

4) if customer agrees with your assessment get set up and accept coffee/tea if offered.

5) Commence and complete job hopefully to customers satisfaction.

6) Give empty coffee cup to customer and pass the time of day then ask if they wouldn't mind filling out your customer satisfaction form which is a guise for obtaining 3 names of friends who they think might be interested in your services.

7) Give customer fridge magnet with standard letter giving helpful advice/guidelines following the cleaning process.

8) In the evening send out referral letters to said friends.

This is not rocket science but it's how I've built my wee business and I can honestly say it pays the mortgage.

NB - REMEMBER TO DISTRIBUTE 200 LEAFLETS EVERY MORN BEFORE 1ST JOB (VERY IMPORTANT!!).   

DanielWelford

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2007, 06:33:26 pm »
Will

Any chance of seeing a copy of your questionaire, and referral letter please???

Dan

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2007, 06:47:59 pm »
same here mate im quite only getting 10 jobs a day in at the minute , but if things get to bad you may need to find something else to do for a while , may be delivering pizzas , this will keep you earning until it picks up

John Kelly

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2007, 06:53:01 pm »
I have a new start up. He's been going about 2 months. He's fully booked this week and next and has also been doing about 2 pubs a week since he started. He quotes every job in person and charges middle prices, not cheap.
He also has a marketing company which he is winding down (likes a change). This is how he is busy, he knows how to sell his services.