This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jeff1

This topic will be deleted
« on: June 14, 2007, 11:33:49 pm »
Guy's & Gals
I put up 2 topics, one yesterday and one the day before, informing you of a couple of sales from good, well known suppliers on the forums.

I put them up, when I found out about them, because I believed you may have an interest in getting a bargain in the sales, and some of you took up the suppliers offers,  thats great in my mind, because I feel I did those guy's a favour in saving them a few quid, but then I came on tonight and found both Topics deleted ::) ::)

And before the mods come on and delete this topic and get me banned, I feel its about time you guys had a say in it, Why can certain suppliers get away with murder and some of them have to be carefull in what they say, in fear of being banned.

Also Before the mods come on and tell me, I know mike owns the forum and I know he is an Agent for Concept 2o, but come on Guy's not all of us can afford the £10-£20 grand it costs for one of these systems, Most of us just want a basic system we can go out and earn an honest living with.

So why not let the suppliers come on and tell us they have a sale on???

No I am not a supplier and No, I don't get back handers from any supplier (I wish I did) but I do feel strongly that my fellow W/C out there, would like to know were to pick up a bargain or two.

I have put a more honest and blunt answer on the Training Academy, if you mods would like to read it, I can, like the members expess my self as I please on there with out the fear of being banned, I know I'll be banned for being honest and for giving the guy's a link to a bargain.

Just incase I am banned, thank you to every one of you, who have given me help and advice in the past, your all stars ;)

macmac

Re: This topic will be deleted
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 11:37:27 pm »
You'll never be banned jeff, you're too good mate ;)

tony

jeff1

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 11:41:38 pm »
You'll never be banned jeff, you're too good mate ;)

tony
Hi Tony ;D
No one is Indispensable? Least of all me. ;D ;D

Can I just say Guy's please don't reply to this topic, I don't want anyone else banned for my truths.
If you feel you have to reply then do it in an email to me.
Tony has said nothing wrong, lets keep it that way.

jouk45

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 12:23:05 am »
jeff i stand by you. freedom of speech or nothing, :-X

JM123

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 12:56:33 am »
most of you on here know that I am a supplier - I have been banned in the past for advertising on the site as such.  That is entirely mikes choice but other suppliers do the same all the time - I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that but it is a little frustrating that I was banned while others seem to get away with it.

by the way this is not a dig at anyone at all.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 06:50:20 am »
Either everyone can post or no one can,  cannot have it both ways, but it seems some do and get away with it. I know Ionics aint welcome and I do not think thats democratic.
We need the suppliers as much as they need us.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2007, 07:42:32 am »
This might sound naive but how about a section for suppliers to advertise special offers in. But only if:

They pay the host of this site an annual fee to sell their wares.
The site owner has the right to veto any ads they feel are a direct threat to their livelihood. (I know that second one is fraught with difficulties!)

Bit like paying to advertise on the telly!
It's a game of three halves!

steve m

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2007, 07:49:30 am »
sound fair enough to me

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2007, 07:50:55 am »
This is a good forum to get the feel of what's important and what is needed in the world of WFP.  Personally, I try always just to answer peoples questions, to be of some use in a practical way.  I also learn a lot from the Forum as well.  I do occasionally mention some of my products, but I try to restrict this to when someone has made a specific request for information or help with one of our products.

I feel that Mike Boxall has set up a very successful forum which has become a useful tool in it's own right. He should be thanked for that.  I can understand Jeff's posts being deleted (from Mike's point of view) but we are very grateful for Jeff's generous spirit.

I hope to be able to benefit from and contribute to the Forum for some time to come.

Tosh

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2007, 08:20:05 am »
I didn't read the posts that were deleted, but I'm sure Mike B's policy with regards to advertising is that suppliers can advertise as long as they contribute to the forum and the advertising is done sensibly.

I suppose there can be a fine-line between advertising sensibly and 'overt' advertising.

Not only that, by advertising here, you're leaving yourself wide-open to critisism; so it can work both ways.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2007, 08:29:22 am »
Jeff

Does this suppiler post on here to help window cleaners ?.

I know Alex is very helpful and doesnt seem to have any problems, maybe its down to how suppliers contribute to these boards.

If they dont want to help and advise, why should they expect there goods to get attention.

Dave

Clear Vision

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2007, 08:48:01 am »
Maybe I'm missing something here???

I thought a forum was to share ideas and meet people who have the same interests as you?

Sharing on a forum means passing on advice and also info (like special deals) to fellow wc's.

Lighten up and get a grip.

No one is doing any harm at all.

Wot on earth is this world coming to?  ::) I don't know...........

jeff1

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2007, 09:20:56 am »
Jeff

Does this suppiler post on here to help window cleaners ?.

Dave
Hi dave a big yes is the answer,

I'm not on about  our major suppliers with my moan, I'm on about certain members who are suppliers, when they only post when they see an Opportunity for a quick sale, and nothing is said to them.

I don't mind when they post trying to sell us something, but what I do object to is when our major suppliers get a little advertising, not posted by them selves and in no way influenced me, to put it onto the forum and it gets deleted???

This talk of suppliers making a contribution  to the board in the way of money is utter rubbish, we as W/C need every supplier out there to be able to come on and sell to us, without fear of being banned, its called competition and the more competition there is, the cheaper prices become to us just like our major supermarkets.

The suppliers also realise that they are wide open to any critisism if they get it wrong.

The 2 posts in question that were deleted were just 2 companys having a general sale, and good bargains were there for us all to grab if we wanted them, how else would you have known of such sales, if you can't post them on here with out fear of them being deleted???? or someone being banned.

It will be the downfall of this forum if there not allowed to advertise freely.

Hundreds of you know that Jouk45 and I have our own forum, and on there we allow any supplier to come on and post anything they like and it doesn't cost them a penny?

What do we get out of it, we'll I'll tell you! we get to know first hand when there having a sale or if they have any special offers for a restricted period, this is what happened the other day, and I wanted to share this with this forum and other forums alike, this talk of direct competition can be classed as rubbish,  As I posted it on Peter Fogwills site who is him self a supplier, did he delete my posts??? take a look for your selves, there still there???

Come on Mike get a grip and let these suppliers advertise for the benefit of all the W/C out there, without fear of being banned from an excellent forum.

One still angry Jeff.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2007, 09:25:36 am »
Jeff

I didnt mean contribute in monetry terms.

If its the supplier i think you are talking about, he hasnt posted for over 6 months.

Maybe there was a falling out behind the scenes.

Only the person who deleted the posts can answer that question.

I cannot delete on this section, so dont know what has happened.
I am just speculating.

Dave

DASERVICES

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2007, 09:40:33 am »
Hi Jeff,

Know what you are talking about but if you look at the past posts of that supplier you will see that were a lot of disgruntled people. If I can remember it was the service they were unhappy about and the supplier stood quite in the background instead of trying to resolve the issues.

It's good to know of special offers but I cannot comment on this site but when someone runs a site they need to be very careful who advertises on here as any bad service could reflect on the site. That supplier may know have sorted all his teething problems but as you know mud sticks.

Don't get too wound up on this as there is history, neither you or any one else can solve this. It has to come from the host and the supplier to rectify the past.
Wouldn't like to miss your comments on this site.

Cheers

Doug

Ian_Giles

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2007, 11:09:38 am »
With my moderator hat on I can honestly tell you that I didn't delete anything!
I doubt if Trevor has either.
It's frowned on for other suppliers to come on the forum and list their prices, Alex Gardiner for instance will mention his products and tell you to visit his site for prices, so far as I am aware that is ok.
And we all see various links and mentions to suppliers such as the window cleaning Warehouse, Gardiner poles, Scrim city and many others.

If the posts were deleted I rather think it is admin that have done so, and I'm not personally privy to their specific reasons for doing so :-\

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

RO-Sheen

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2007, 02:02:21 pm »
I didn't read the posts that were deleted, but I'm sure Mike B's policy with regards to advertising is that suppliers can advertise as long as they contribute to the forum and the advertising is done sensibly.

Eh???? JM123 is ALWAYS contributing to this site helping people with queries so why did he get banned when he advertised once? If that is Mike B's policy he needs to apply it to everyone!
The best solution was made by someone earlier that there should be a section for suppliers. I like to shop around before I part with a penny as most people do and would avoid cluttering up the forum with topics like 'Where's the best place to buy.......'
Formerly known as GARGAAX

jeff1

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2007, 02:31:01 pm »
Jeff

I didnt mean contribute in monetry terms.

If its the supplier i think you are talking about, he hasnt posted for over 6 months.

Maybe there was a falling out behind the scenes.

Only the person who deleted the posts can answer that question.

I cannot delete on this section, so dont know what has happened.
I am just speculating.

Dave
Hi Dave
I'm with you know ::)
The supplier your Referring to I can see your reasononing, but the other supplier who was having a sale and was in my posts was Alex G and how helpfull is that Guy? he is on here almost every day helping everyone, how does he get repaid, by deleting a topic annoncing his sale ::) Thats a nice way to repay some one for all the help he's given hundreds of members.
Hi Jeff,

Know what you are talking about but if you look at the past posts of that supplier you will see that were a lot of disgruntled people. If I can remember it was the service they were unhappy about and the supplier stood quite in the background instead of trying to resolve the issues.

It's good to know of special offers but I cannot comment on this site but when someone runs a site they need to be very careful who advertises on here as any bad service could reflect on the site. That supplier may know have sorted all his teething problems but as you know mud sticks.

Don't get too wound up on this as there is history, neither you or any one else can solve this. It has to come from the host and the supplier to rectify the past.
Wouldn't like to miss your comments on this site.

Cheers

Doug
Hi Doug
I think, I answered most of your post on Daves thread, regarding the said supplier and can totally understand that one being deleted, but he still supplies loads of members and there are contant mentions of his name? but as for the one I put on about Alex's sale, I was gob-smacked to say the least. ;)
With my moderator hat on I can honestly tell you that I didn't delete anything!
I doubt if Trevor has either.
It's frowned on for other suppliers to come on the forum and list their prices, Alex Gardiner for instance will mention his products and tell you to visit his site for prices, so far as I am aware that is ok.
And we all see various links and mentions to suppliers such as the window cleaning Warehouse, Gardiner poles, Scrim city and many others.

If the posts were deleted I rather think it is admin that have done so, and I'm not personally privy to their specific reasons for doing so :-\

Ian
Hi Ian, I belive you  :) ;)
I can't understand why its frowned upon if a supplier advertises his price's? it saves us a lot of time going to links to check it out, when it can just be posted.
The thing is, no supplier did put a post with a price up, it was me, just trying to help the members out.

Eh???? JM123 is ALWAYS contributing to this site helping people with queries so why did he get banned when he advertised once? If that is Mike B's policy he needs to apply it to everyone!
The best solution was made by someone earlier that there should be a section for suppliers. I like to shop around before I part with a penny as most people do and would avoid cluttering up the forum with topics like 'Where's the best place to buy.......

Hi RO
The answer is in there and that is to give the suppliers there own section were we can all go shopping.

brightnclean

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2007, 06:36:26 pm »
There is an old saying.

He who pays the piper calls the tune so it's up to Mike what stays and what goes here. Having said that It does seem to me that there are a favoured few who get away with advertising with no problems. I often see www.essentiallypure.co.uk put as a reply to anyone asking for help on where good deals can be had with no other comment. If thats not blatant advertising I dont know what is.

All I saw in both topics was Jeff passing on info he had gained that might interest some of us. I for one am glad he did because as a result I bought a pole today and saved well over £200.

Its a bit of a minefield this advertising thing. I think this forum is great just the way it is. To allow suppliers to randomly advertise or even have a section would open the floodgates and spoil things I reckon. However just passing on info like Jeff did is a different thing in my book. I would do just the same.

Thanks for the info Jeff!!!  :)

Luke Johnson

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2007, 06:58:11 pm »
In my view ( if anybody cares ) I would like it if both supplier and user could post, the forums just seem a little vague, like people are afraid to tell others about their poles and systems, for me I don't have the chance to go and try out a pole, so I would like a totally honest forum, where suppliers tell about their poles and people say if they like them or not. Please don't chuck me off the forum for being outspoken ( I'll sue!!! ). Luke