This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jeff1

Re: This topic will be deleted
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2007, 07:49:09 pm »
There is an old saying.

He who pays the piper calls the tune so it's up to Mike what stays and what goes here. Having said that It does seem to me that there are a favoured few who get away with advertising with no problems. I often see www.essentiallypure.co.uk put as a reply to anyone asking for help on where good deals can be had with no other comment. If thats not blatant advertising I dont know what is.

All I saw in both topics was Jeff passing on info he had gained that might interest some of us. I for one am glad he did because as a result I bought a pole today and saved well over £200.

Its a bit of a minefield this advertising thing. I think this forum is great just the way it is. To allow suppliers to randomly advertise or even have a section would open the floodgates and spoil things I reckon. However just passing on info like Jeff did is a different thing in my book. I would do just the same.

Thanks for the info Jeff!!!  :)
It was my My Pleasure Dude  ;)
£200 savings  in Just one post, well, if I get banned that one post aloan, was well worth the effort.

In my view ( if anybody cares ) I would like it if both supplier and user could post, the forums just seem a little vague, like people are afraid to tell others about their poles and systems, for me I don't have the chance to go and try out a pole, so I would like a totally honest forum, where suppliers tell about their poles and people say if they like them or not. Please don't chuck me off the forum for being outspoken ( I'll sue!!! ). Luke

Luke most of the guy's on here do have some thought to help each other? ;) if it wasn't for the guy's on here and other forums, I for one would still be using ladders.

The suppliers are allowed to come on and give you any information about a product, but they normally point you in the direction of there website, as for a totally honest forum, you get the truth on here, if someone doesn't  like a product they will tell us, its when it becomes a witch hunt the mods will step in, and I belive that to be the correct thing to do.
I personally would sooner email a supplier and keep it personal, if all other avenues failed to resolve the issue, I may Consider  posting about it.

At 17 Luke you have a lot to learn, ( that is not meant as patronizing you) and I can promise you this, if you have any problems regarding W/C the guy's on here will give you all the advice you need.

matt

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2007, 07:56:06 pm »
its a tricky issue

i can understand why some1 deleted it ( mike i guess ) as he pays the bills, BUT on the other hand, express dont sell poles on there own ( or they didnt apart from stocking omni stuff )

so no really conflict in this

but its been said B4, mike pays the bills, so decides what goes on, you either accept it or accept it  ;) ;) thats the options

PaulTh

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2007, 09:50:45 am »
trevors silence says it all i think he deleted my post and is about to ban me like i care,i was giving advice on this forum on how to generate more business he then insinuated i was a liar well for your information yes i have recently started up on my own but i worked for someone for 8 yrs and built his round up for him thats where the experience and knowledge came from,so i am not a liar,maybe you should learn to moderate yourself more.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2007, 10:01:00 am »
Paul

Trevors silence doesnt mean anything apart from he probably hasnt read this post or he is to busy to answer, moderators do have lives away from these forums you know.

Moderators are just ordinary people, theres nothing different or special about them, more often than not they are heavy users of the forum and are asked to help keep things under control, as they are online a lot they can see problems as they arise.

There is nothing sinister or under hand with any moderator.

I can tell you now Trevor his a good man and gives loads of advice on here , so I think you are a bit out of order with your post.

Dave

Tosh

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2007, 09:56:05 pm »
I can tell you now Trevor his a good man and gives loads of advice on here , so I think you are a bit out of order with your post.

Dave

I second that! 

Paul,

Trev runs his own professional (and successful) window cleaning business and has nothing what-so-ever to do with this site, apart from 'moderating it'.  He recieves no financial gain from his services to this forum (the same as Ian_Giles).

Their voluntary contribution is to ensure that this part of the forum is kept in 'good order'; and it's often a difficult job to do.

Last week one of the mods (Ian or Trev) deleted one of my posts; and I'm an ex-moderator here!  The buggers. ;D

Anyway, though I don't know him personally, Trev's a good 'bloke', not frightened to hand out a 'red card' on this forum or in his 'real life' (he referees football for 'fun'!).

If you think Trev has been unfair with you, it's more likely a mis-understanding of a post you've posted; why not e-mail and ask?

Trev's a decent guy; he'd give you a straight answer.

matt

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2007, 10:11:42 pm »

Moderators are just ordinary people, theres nothing different or special about them, more often than not they are heavy users of the forum and are asked to help keep things under control, as they are online a lot they can see problems as they arise.

heavy user eh, i guess i will be asked to be a mod soon  :P :P

There is nothing sinister or under hand with any moderator.

Yea yea, your all evil and Trevor needs glass's, ive seen him on the pitch ;)

Joking aside, Trevor does help alot and knows his stuff, well apart from the "playing advantage rule " in football  :P

Art

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2007, 10:21:40 pm »
If mods are choosen by most time online, i should be cheif moderator hands down  ;D

I just had a look at the site stats and i'm winning the most time online league by a mile  :-[ I'll need to get a life  :'(

matt

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2007, 10:29:10 pm »
If mods are choosen by most time online, i should be cheif moderator hands down  ;D

I just had a look at the site stats and i'm winning the most time online league by a mile  :-[ I'll need to get a life  :'(

i saw that yesterday, i guess you leave CIU in a window on your PC all the time ? ??

Clear Vision

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2007, 10:29:47 pm »
How do you see the site stats?

Where am I?

I will just leave my computer on over night for the nex few weeks.

That should push me up the table. Or are you sure thats not what your doing? ;D

Art

« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2007, 10:35:51 pm »

i saw that yesterday, i guess you leave CIU in a window on your PC all the time ? ??

Matt, that's probably some of reason, but i get by on very little sleep and even when i'm doing quotes, invoices etc.. i'm flicking through the forums at all hours.

Art

« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2007, 10:37:40 pm »
How do you see the site stats?

Where am I?

I will just leave my computer on over night for the nex few weeks.

That should push me up the table. Or are you sure thats not what your doing? ;D

Go on the home page and look down the bottom of the page, click on more stats

Trevor Knight

« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2007, 01:20:39 pm »
trevors silence says it all i think he deleted my post and is about to ban me like i care,i was giving advice on this forum on how to generate more business he then insinuated i was a liar well for your information yes i have recently started up on my own but i worked for someone for 8 yrs and built his round up for him thats where the experience and knowledge came from,so i am not a liar,maybe you should learn to moderate yourself more.

Silence ?? Well apart from the fact that I have been on holiday since Thursday although I did have the thought of leaving my beer, sun and seaside view and finding a internet cafe just so I could come on here and delete your posts hahahahahaha, yeah right!!

As for deleting posts, if I feel the post is of no value, off topic, offensive or breaking the guidelines set by mike then yes I will delete it!

As for victimising you Paul, well you can rest assured I have far more important things to do that bother with that!

If anyone feels I have been to harsh or deleted a post wrongly, just email me or post on here, I will always reply and look at it again, if I get it wrong, which I am sure I will along the way, I will be the first to apologise and you can always re-post. As for running away, well you can all judge that for yourselves.

As for the "advantage rule" and Matt seeing me referee, all I can say is you know what, YOUR RIGHT!!!! Long live the men in black ! haha

Right, am off to delete some posts, anyone seen where Paul is posting???
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

matt

« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2007, 06:04:25 pm »

As for the "advantage rule" and Matt seeing me referee, all I can say is you know what, YOUR RIGHT!!!! Long live the men in black ! haha

;D ;D at last, a ref who knows his place, allways being wrong :) what a job to do ;)

Bobs Window Cleaning

« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2007, 06:23:11 pm »
Mattt

Whats your DIY web address?

Cheers Bod
Why oh Why did he spell my name as bod & not bob on my wedding invites.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2007, 07:21:25 pm »
www.d.co.uk or hit the link to the left in his post.

clean team

« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2007, 08:17:46 pm »
the meaning of forum

appointment, argument, chalk talk, colloquium, colloquy, confabulation, conferring, congress, consultation, conversation, convocation, deliberation, discussion, forum, groupthink*, huddle, interchange, interview, meeting, palaver, parley, powwow*, rap, rap session, round table, seminar, symposium, talk, think-in*, ventilation

http://thesaurus.reference.com/browse/forum

;D