This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Philip Hanson

Backpack at Windex
« on: September 21, 2004, 01:49:37 pm »
I had been planning to bring my back-pack system to the Windx exhibition, as some here and on other forums have expressed an interest.

However, something I did not consider was that some suppliers have paid for space there, and it would be unfair to them to "exhibit" something for free at an event that they have invested in.

Now, I fully accept this point, and the absolutely last thing I would want is for events like this to be jeopordised because those suppliers who pay for space see other suppliers kit getting publicity for free.  We need more events like Windex, not to discourage them.

But, as I am not a supplier, (I made the back-pack myself)  and to my knowledge, nobody as yet manufactures a back-pack system, would there be any objection?

If any exhibiting supplier or sponsor of the event thinks so, I wont take it.  PM, reply to this topic or email me if you have an objection.  I have no problem at all if someone thinks its unfair, or might encourage rouge 'car parkism'.

-Philip  

Editor, Professional Window Cleaner Magazine

"The irony of the information age is that it has given new respectability to uninformed opinion"
John Lawton

Philip Hanson

Re: Backpack at Windex
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2004, 02:57:05 pm »
As an exhibitor has raised an objection, I'm afraid I wont be bringing it.

Let me just say, I have no problem about that whatsoever.  I fully understand the concerns of those suppliers who have paid for space at Windex.  Well done to them for supporting the event.

As I said, the very last thing I would want is to discourage participation.  Windex looks like its going to be a great day, and I for one am looking forward to it.  I would hate to think it was marred by the very companies who are supporting it being offended by something I was doing.

This is just my decision, it's upto everyone else to reach their own about what to do.

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

-Philip

"The irony of the information age is that it has given new respectability to uninformed opinion"
John Lawton

matt

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2004, 09:55:58 pm »
thats a shame

as i would have liked to have seen it

do these exhibitor's see it a competion to the goods they sell ?? ?? ?? ??

do these exhibitor's see it as stealing the limelight from the big release ?? ?? ??

a shame really

Philip Hanson

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2004, 10:37:22 pm »
Its not so much stealing the limelight,

The exibitors object to paying a lot of money for space there, only to find people showing off other companies (who have not paid to exhibit) stuff in the car park.  Therefore, they are essentially paying to publicise their competitors.

Although my back-pack is a home-build, what's to stop other people bringing their kit from other manufacturers?

Its a fair point, and I believe we should do all we can to encourage suppliers to participate in these sort of events.  Its not cheap for them, and we window cleaners probably benefit much more than they do.

If I'd paid for a stand only to see other peoples kit being shown in the car park for nothing, I'd be jumping up and down about it too.

-Philip

John Lawton

williamx

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2004, 12:11:47 am »
Phillp

How about displaying your backpack on this forum with pictures-details and any problems you had building it.

Craig_Mawlam

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2004, 02:34:02 am »
Philip,

I know that you're not selling your back-pack so if you like you can show it on the Ionic Stand if anyone wants to see it thats Ok with me.

However, I'm not in favour with those who may choose to run a "car boot" sale in the car park as they should be supporting the event by exhibiting inside.

Rgds
Craig

matt

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2004, 08:15:06 pm »
thats very good of you Craig

Philip, could you not just show it on craig stand for say 30 mins ?? ?? ??

as i wouldnt mind to see it

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2004, 10:04:10 pm »
;)I think thats a kind idea of craig ;) considering it cost an arm and a leg to put a stand like his one there,if I was you philip I grab it with both arms ;D open
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

karlosdaze

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2004, 12:00:39 am »
However, I'm not in favour with those who may choose to run a "car boot" sale in the car park as they should be supporting the event by exhibiting inside.

Rgds
Craig

Thats the stuffed donkeys & the Tapas hot food stand out the window then. :D