Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

markas

H W E Machine
« on: September 16, 2004, 07:02:25 pm »
Hi,

I am in the process of buying a new portable HWE machine, after looking at many options I have narrowed it down to 2 (Unless any new suggestions) either the Ninja or the more expensive Extracta exel as i've heard very good things of them.

Can anybody tell me any major problems either machine suffor from

Thanks in anticipation  :)

Glynn

Re: H W E Machine
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2004, 07:57:14 pm »
Had 2 of them (exels), good machine, I put thousands of hours on them,excellent back up and supply service
Regards
Glynn

mark_roberts

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2004, 10:38:24 pm »
Ive got a Ninja for about 2 years and just got the new alltec machine last week.

The Alltec has better water recovery due to the vacs setup and its easy to work on as the back comes off containing the vacs and pump.  Better heater too as it goes to 90c.  Looks more 'pretty' than the Ninja.  Larger solution tanks, very quiet.

The Ninja is lighter and easier to manage.  Its body work, being plastic, is more forgiving, its cheaper, more noisy than the alltec.

I'd buy the Alltec but you'll need a ramp into the van and a bit more TLC for the bodywork.

Mark

cleanability

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2004, 11:36:59 pm »
I've got the Excel and the Alltec Pro Plus. Much rather the Alltec machine. It looks good ( I know its not important ). Its lighter to carry. To me its easier to work on when changing vacs and pump. But you cant fault the service you get with Extracta. They are great people. Always helpful and Brian ( company founder and machine designer ) is always the man on the other end of the phone and a wealth of knowledge.

Chris

Phil Marlor

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2004, 11:47:59 pm »

I agree with Extracta's back up service, they are second to none. They are the nicest people on the planet.

The only problem I had with the Excel is it was a bit on the noisy side, but it made me lots of money and I still use the scrubba machine on many jobs.

Phil
Stevenage, Herts

LUTON TOWN 3-0 SUNDERLAND

paul@ctcs

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2004, 12:21:19 am »
How would Prochems HSE top models compare to the machines mentioned? I run a commanche (now discontinued) and touch wood never been let down, parts and back up seem good too, when ordering some hose connections they arrived next day so only have good things to say but i'm sure some may disagree.

Paul

Michel Roberts

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2004, 01:24:18 am »
Markas

I am also looking to buy a new machine and am consdering the alltech and ninja among others. I would not be keen on the exel as it weighs 103lbs. Before you buy I would strongly advise you to at least try loading and unloading it into your car/van. Also try it on some stairs. It all depends on how the weight is distributed as to how hard it is. I tried this with a Cfr 400 which also weighs103 lbs and it was easier than the recoil which weighs 85lbs. The exel only has a 100psi pump though my catalogue is quite old this may have changed but 100psi is not much by modern standards.

On tuesday i went to A&M in watford to look at the cross american recoil. Robert there was very helpfull I got the feeling that they would be good people to do business with.

The recoil weighs 85lbs has 3 vacs and a 350psi pump
It is a fantastic bit of kit I can see why people more knowledgable than me like it so much. It is very noisy and quite awkward to load and get up stairs which put me off. Many people never take their machines upstairs it which case that is not such aproblem  but for me it is about 20% of jobs.

The post from Mark_Roberts above should be read again and thought about as he has clearly  just been through the same process. I know from reading his posts that he's knows the score, and will have made a good decission.

Mark_Roberts can I ask do you still have to use ramps even if you take the motors out. I was hoping that with the machine broken in two it would be easy for one man to lift in and out and take upstairs without help. Have you found out yet the size of the biggest pump you could fit and lastly what vac setup did you have on your ninja that has now been improved upon.

Regards Michel

conallon

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2004, 01:31:43 am »
hi Markas
               if you get excell, tilt backwards on to rear wheels rest front wheels on to edge of van, lift and push, in she goes,even easyer if parked near curb, thats with expert type van, do not know about transit

Conrad

Dynafoam

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2004, 02:33:37 am »
Using the method mentioned by Conrad, I can load the Recoil into the back of a Transit T300 with one hand.

This puts much less strain on the back than using a ramp.

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2004, 02:44:47 am »
Having used both Extracta and Alltec machines for many years now I have to say that Extracta are better built and sturdier machines than Alltec. In saying that Alltec are quite good machines but Extracta would be marginally better . However my next machine, when I purchase will be a Recoil.

paul@ctcs

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2004, 10:24:34 am »
Fintan, Is there an importer for the Recoils? I too would like a recoil when i upgrade next year having heard good things here on the forum.Anyone know if cross american will be at Carpex?

Paul

woodman

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2004, 11:21:09 am »
Paul

A&M in Watford are the UK distributors

Get down and have a look at one in the showroom, the team there are excellent ;)

david_m

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2004, 11:55:32 am »
dose any one know of a web address for reciol 3

thanks Davy

paul@ctcs

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2004, 12:36:30 pm »
Thanks Woodman, I'll do that . So will i get to see one at Carpex??Any idea what the UK price for a recoil 3 is?

Paul

Dynafoam

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2004, 12:37:47 pm »

Dynafoam

« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2004, 12:42:45 pm »
Paul,

Ed Valentine had hoped to be at Carpex, but other commitments prevent him attending with the Recoil.

Have a word with Robert McCane at A&M regarding price.

As Woodman has said, they are really great people to do business with.

John.

paul@ctcs

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2004, 12:51:18 pm »
Thanks John. Do you have a recoil 3?

Paul

Martin S

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2004, 12:53:12 pm »
hi all,
Like Paul@ctcs, how much is the Recoil?  Had info pack from A&M with spec' etc, but no prices enclosed!!  ???

Regards

Martin S
Martin

Chris R

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2004, 08:02:47 pm »
machine about £2500 + vat , ive got the price list, will find it and post details later
Chris
Staffordshire

Martin S

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2004, 09:21:33 pm »
Cheers Chris.   ;)

Regards.

Martin S
Martin