Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

stu_thomson

Re: H W E Machine
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2004, 11:08:43 pm »
i find the grace machine from craftex an excellent machine matching the pro plus machine from alltec  which i have also and loads cheaper, only problem with it, it doesnt come with heater only an inline one which i havent tried to be fair....good luck!
People say that money is not the key to happiness, but I always figured if you have enough money, you can have a key made!

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2004, 12:20:38 am »
The most up to date prices I have for the Recoil3 is£2495. The in line heater which Robert Mc Kane supplies is £415, the booster box is £549 and the optional tanks are£249 each. Plus vat of course.

paul@ctcs

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2004, 12:23:26 am »
Is the booster box a vacuum booster?

Paul

Rob_Mac

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2004, 12:24:00 am »
Ive got an Extracta model c it is over 20 years old and when it went in to Speedclean in Stoke for repair it sat next to a new Extracta model. They said they couldnt see the difference. Works and cleans like a dream

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2004, 12:31:20 am »
Paul, yes the booster box is a vaccum booster,an optional extra as the recoil3 also has a built in vac booster.

mark_roberts

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2004, 02:38:17 am »
Markas

I've just constructed a ramp today which folds down from the back of the van really easy to use.  My van is RWD so the floor is higher than normal otherwise is would be easy to tip the machine back and load onto the van.

Havent taken the back off yet as no need.  Wouldnt be bothered taking the back off just to load into the van.  Only for several flights of stairs.  Its weight distribution is all at the back so its easier to take upstairs.

Havent checked the pumps yet but its tight in there so wont hold my breath.

Its vacs are in parralell (sp) so recovers more water than the Ninja = quicker dry times.

Mark

Fintan_Coll

MRe: H W E Machine
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2004, 12:20:35 am »
Mark Roberts..... I know you saw the Recoil3 in action, what made you decide to go for the Advantage , was it the weight factor .?

mark_roberts

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2004, 02:46:46 am »
It was the heat issue and the noise of it that put me off although I really did want to get it as its a powerful portable.  Few other wee niggely things as well but those could be put right as John Bolton did ie. no lid for fresh water tank etc.

Ed tells me hes now got a silencer on demo and someelse tells me it nows comes with a heater but too late for me.

Mark

Ed Valentine

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2004, 04:30:18 pm »
Gentlemen;

I would like to respond to Marks Thread and comments. Which, btw, were very much appreciated with respect.

When our machines were designed some 28 years ago, the goal was that of a "Modular Design Concept". That meant to engineer all our systems so that the Operator could add other features to the exisiting unit without the purchase outlay for another machine. This in turn does two things:

1. Adds much greater Value. The Operator can get into a System for minimal expense; then build upon it as his own business grows.
2. Saves the Operator money since he does not have to purchase another machine as his business grow.

In conclusion;  The RECOIL-3HP will accomidate many add-on modular components that will more than satisfy the Operator. Even Solution Lids!

I thank you for this opportunity to explain this uniqueness.

Good Fortune to All Brit's;
Ed Valentine
cross-american corp.

mark_roberts

« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2004, 06:20:35 pm »
IMO a solution lid should be standard.

Mark

Mark Betts

« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2004, 07:54:36 pm »
Hi Mark

How are you getting on with your Advantage, now you have had it for a while?

Mark

A Dog Isnt Just For Christmas.........  Save a Bit For Boxing Day  !!!!!

Dynafoam

« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2004, 09:06:16 pm »
Mark (R),

I long ago decided that heating a tank of water outside the building, on a winters' day, 50, 75, 100 feet or more from where I was working, made little sense when the heat could be provided much closer to the wand. Therefore not having to pay for something I did not want or need was a bonus.

Much of the noise of the machine is due to the volume of air that is exhausted - clearly a machine that produces less airflow will be quieter. The pump also contributes to the overall volume, but would I be as happy with a nice quiet Flowjet 100psi?

Whilst I agree that a solution tank lid is a requirement, I was happy to design one that functioned the way I wanted, and let's face it everything added to a product increases the final price.

I find that I am using the Recoil far more than I expected since its' performance exceeded my expectations of it. All machines are designed and built around compromises, so whilst there are elements of the design I am not happy with, I can understand the compromises that brought them about and cannot say that the design and engineering decisions were wrong.

In the final analysis what I require is a machine that performs its' intended function as efficiently as possible within the parameters of size, weight and portability - this the Recoil certainly does.

John.

alan_lewis

« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2004, 09:59:22 pm »
Have a look at the Raptor 230h from Hydramaster, 2 x 3 stage vacs, 300psi pump, 2 x 1000 watt in line heaters, great machine, about £2,500 + vat.

Alan

mark_roberts

« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2004, 11:25:10 pm »
I hope this isnt seen as a recoil bashing exercise as I only stated what my opinion and decision was based on.  Yes its a powerful machine but in its current format was not the machine for me.  If this changes to my likeing then I'll buy it in two years when I next need a portable.

Hopefully all manufacturers reading this and all posts on their products will take note and build us machines tools that WE the cleaners want and not what they think we want.  Any businessman worth his salt will take and use criticism either way.

Mark Betts

I like the advantage a lot more than the Ninja now that Ive used if for a few weeks.  Very quite, easy to move, all the switches and vac/solution connects are at the top so no bending over so much, easy cleaned recovery tank, dryer carpets etc.  Could do with more pressure though.

How do you like yours?

Mark

Michel Roberts

« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2004, 01:49:56 am »
Ed

I went to look at the recoil last week at watford and like Mark Roberts above I was put off by the noise. Any chance of a add on modular component such as a silencer! As regards heat, John Bolton in his recoil diary say that it worked just fine with his high pressure steamate.

Re the advantage does anybody know the max size pump that could be fitted to this machine as the standard one it comes with is135psi. I did try calling alltech to ask but could,nt get much sense out of them.

Regards Michel

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2004, 02:07:43 am »
Indeed, Michael, you wo'nt get much satisfaction from them, but then Robert will teach you how you should keep in touch with your customers, wish they could do the same for theirs.

Dynafoam

« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2004, 02:24:23 am »
Michel,

I've had only three customers comment on the noise of the Recoil.

In each case I have grinned broadly and said "Yes, very powerful, I could switch of one or two of the motors to make it quieter !" The response was as predicted.

The problem with silencers is that unless the are very large (much larger than the machine they are silencing) they have a detrimental effect on the airflow through the machine. in some cases the performance hit may be a worthwhile sacrifice, but on most occasions the performance will be the paramount consideration.

paul@ctcs

« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2004, 09:31:19 am »
John, I agree that a noisy machine gives the impression of a Powerful machine that has the ability to get customers carpets really clean, and how often do you guys actually get complaints??
I worked ten years in Engineering, now that is a noisy environment, some of those machines literally would leave you deaf in a few hours if you didnt wear ear protection, so maybe this is why i dont see a problem?.....Or maybe i'm half deaf already??

Paul

mark_roberts

« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2004, 11:43:58 am »
I dont care what the customers think of the noise as they only have to put up with it for a few hours.  I'm more concerned with my earing over a period of time.  I've found even the CFR tool with make my ears ring after 2.5 hours of use.

Mark

paul@ctcs

Re: H W E Machine New
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2004, 11:59:40 am »
Mark, If you are concerned about your hearing you should look into getting some quality ear deffenders, I worked for ten years in engineering, 5 as an apprentice and 5 in production design engineering, a bulk of this time i worked in close proximity with seriously noisy machines and tried numerous types of ear deffenders. The Best by far are made by Peltor, they will eliminate the noise from an extraction machine no problems and unlike many you can wear for hours in comfort. They even do a pair with a totally built in FM/AM radio which would help keep bordom at bay on big commercial jobs.
All this and you wont go deaf ;D

Paul