This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

geoffreyspecht

Re: employing??? is this right
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2007, 06:25:43 pm »
eddie watch the aprentice on tv u might learn something

Trademark WC

« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2007, 06:41:36 pm »
NWH

I think you have not understood my point

Take his VAT of that £2200 and then his tax and then take the empolyees tax and nat ins off aswell,that leaves him with say £1600

You cannot generate that kind of income from two WC employee's, it just won't happen.

He has to advertise big time to get constant work like that coming in so you can take the cost of that off the total aswell

All start up business need to advertise, plus its all offset against your tax ? most work is pulled on thru contacts and builders in the trade so only need to adevertise for a bit.

If it`s half desent weather i can earn what he earns all day long without any of that hassle and be home in time for countdown

I'm talking about employing and building a business not individual earnings - my whole point is that wc is more suited for a one man out fit and its hard to expand because its so hard to get decent staff and when you do they leave because its so easy to start up on yer own because of low start up and overheads.

don`t tar us all with the bucket and sponge brigade cos you couldn`t be any further away from the mark.No offense.

I wasn't tar`ing anyone, just stating the facts. you ask the average joe on the street to tell what they picture in there mind when you say window cleaner !!
I have only been wc for 5 years and have worked only commercial work in uniform new vans and all that and they still look down on us.

Basically what im trying to say is that when a builder or a some kind of profession turns up round someones house they know they gonna be paying out big bucks but when a wc turns up they expect to pay peanuts? why is that?.

rob

NWH

« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2007, 07:21:41 pm »
In NO WAY was i having a go at you in person but what your saying is completly wrong in certain ways,your saying that there is no way that 2 wcs can earn £1600 between them in a week that in itself is rubbish,and that`s a fact.I don`t know what kind of work you`ve been doing it sounds to me like you`ve been working for a firm that either gives you no idea what your earning them or your being misled some other way or by someone,this job is totally dependent on what type of work you do as to how much you can earn,if your doing 2 up 2 downs allday then your limited to what your going to earn.We have had this on other threads before and the answer is finding the better top end paying work it takes time to get and a lot of leg work has to be done in order to find it,the thing is some of your claims are more or less saying that it is impossible.If your gonna be playing conferance league football then your going to earn conferance league wages,what were all striving for is premiership wages and with time and effort it can be done.I bet if truth be known there are other guys on here that are earning in excess of £4-500 per day and you`ll probobly find it`s only 2 blokes on there own but there not gonna tell you that,who cares if people have this misconception (sorry spelling)of us wcs it dosen`t bother most of us i`m sure,and you`ll probobly find that builders are on a day rate anyway so if i were you i wouldn`t listen to any of the pub gossip a good living can and does get earned from wc and always will AMEN.

Trademark WC

« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2007, 07:36:43 pm »

Hi NWH

I know your not having a go, and I'm not gonna carry on all night about it as it could go on for ages.

I now work for myself generating over a grand a week on my own, i'm not arguing that point as I do that week in week out, what Im saying is the same as Eddie in the original post that it is extremeley hard to turn a good one man band outfit into a real business.

your saying that there is no way that 2 wcs can earn £1600 between them in a week that in itself is rubbish

Thats not what I said, the example was 3.5k job take out wages and material and you came up with the figure of £1600. meaning that 2 wc employees would have to earn £3100 a week to make it the same comparison. which is near on impossible.

It's not pub talk neither as my friend actually runs his own company and has 10 houses and 4 flats plus his own. I'm not having a dig at wc as Im one myself I'm just hammering out some opinions I have in my head.

None of this is meant to offend just saying what I think?

Rob

NWH

« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2007, 07:42:39 pm »
If your earning what you say you also have a good business,a business which in the future could easily look to employ staff.Just cos your on your own it dosen`t mean you don`t have a business,you do the hours you want the work you want.

eddie d

« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2007, 07:57:23 pm »
i know what your saying rob .
the risk reward thing isnt great when it com es to employing .saying that my old man tells me that most buisness makes a return of10/20% after investing millions .
im resigning myself to subbing out a bit of work and doing the best of the rest .
if you have any ideas pass it on

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2007, 08:41:31 pm »
Tescos work on 1% profit

shammy davis jnr

« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2007, 04:45:18 pm »
percentages ,pros and cons ,vat ,sole trader plc it dont mater  if you dont like employing dont do it why not take the chance like us that employ all had to do its hard at times but
its down to you you will know in a few months if its for you our not  there is no easy answer  take me for instance  ive just recently purchaced a 1000ltr thermo well six months ago i would love to be out chasing work for this but my van got rote off for my employes
purchaced a vito down 8 grand just to keep my guys going to jobs which could have covered a new lwb to  fit the thermo in  then had a restructure and found that my out off the way houses /ones i have to travel to added up to a good few weeks work for one guy you know the ones farms big country houses ,so then bought an astra for a employee to cover these down anouther 5 grand  and still a reach and wash in yard doing jack
took few months to get back earning again ,will save for new van and fit off thermo unit in a new van 
then hope fully i can get on with some thing i started six moths ago
never mind the staff holidays ,sick days etc
its murder at times hey but such is life 
make a plan of where you want to be nxt year at this time and if you get half way there your doing well
but 50k one man thats a good round in anyones book
good luck  whatever you decide

Trevor Knight

« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2007, 06:56:09 am »
make a plan of where you want to be nxt year at this time and if you get half way there your doing well

Really? I would have to ask a lot of questions as to where it went wrong, was my plan realistic, could I have done better?
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire