Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

vangaurd

in demand
« on: April 27, 2007, 09:22:35 pm »
thats about it, iam fully booked for 3 weeks recomendations ,
i must be doing something right!

anyway i have quote for a church to be cleaned on sat , i think its the tea room
so iam told consists of , carpet  30 /12 and 70 chairs what do i price at
also got a call from a garage big one at that they tried to clean the seats of a mg sports car , and balls it up the custy is going ballistic called me as i was a team leader for mitsubishi in the past, valeting that is!   going to them on sunday do i go in heavy or try to get the valeting contract? many thanks guys.

homenclean

Re: in demand
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007, 07:27:45 am »
If you are booked 3 weeks in advance why would you want to be valeting cars, i cant speak for the majority but in my opinion car valeting is awkward, tricky and just a pain in the a...

Anyway if you are going to do it go in high, if you bail them out you will be the first person they think of when it occurs again.

John

Aquakleen Restoration Services

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2007, 10:19:05 am »
I have never and will never touch car valeting. There is more than enough houses to do if you work at it without having to resort to that! Saying that when I first started I was running around cleaning buses!! But never again those days are long gone!

matt jones

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2007, 11:17:19 am »
I have done a few and its not that tricky. Especially with a cfr handtool, everyone i have done has cleaned up a treat and the customers and well pleased.
matt

Geoff Jewkes

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2007, 12:27:03 pm »
valeted cars for 12 years, only way to get any money out of it is run it in conjunction with stone chip / scuff repairs. To be blunt they're a pain in the ass. If you're going to do cars then CHECK YOUR TREATMEN RISK COVER. I know my cc policy doesn`t cover car valeting. If you fry an e.c.u with water you could be into a major bill. Regards, Geoff

mark_roberts

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2007, 01:42:04 pm »
booked for three weeks with only recommendations :o.

Thats really odd to me.  Either you have found an amazing referral programme or its .............

Sorry to be negitive but I dont believe it.

Mark

murky

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2007, 01:48:21 pm »
No, neither do I.

Thats B------s!

Never booked up for 3 weeks even at Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Murky

Geoff Jewkes

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2007, 02:09:14 pm »
Why is it bull? been booked 2 weeks in advance the last month or so and I`m sure there are others this busy on here!

mark_roberts

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2007, 03:46:41 pm »
2-3 weeks bookings arnt out of the norm but soley on referrals ;)

About 75% of my business is repeat business but a lot less referrals.  Certainly never two weeks ahead from referrals.

If its true then well done but Ive never had referrals knocking my door down to that degree.

Mark

matt jones

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2007, 04:38:24 pm »
fibrefresh may i ask what insurance you have who is it with? was suppose to check mine out for this reason but forgot, cant really mess much up you dont flood the car out. I just use micro splitters and clothes and rinse the seat etc using my cfr easy.

Geoff Jewkes

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2007, 05:15:01 pm »
With Lloyd McGregor, public liability, equipment theft and treatment risk. It doesn`t cover car valetining, its in the exclusions bit! A mate of mine valets cars, he accidently sprayed ecu on a Range Rover ( under drivers seat ! ) and fried it. The total bill was £ 1100 plus VAT. He foot the bill as he had no treatment risk cover

Matt Lindus

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2007, 05:50:35 pm »
thats about it, iam fully booked for 3 weeks recomendations ,
i must be doing something right!

anyway i have quote for a church to be cleaned on sat , i think its the tea room
so iam told consists of , carpet  30 /12 and 70 chairs what do i price at
also got a call from a garage big one at that they tried to clean the seats of a mg sports car , and balls it up the custy is going ballistic called me as i was a team leader for mitsubishi in the past, valeting that is!   going to them on sunday do i go in heavy or try to get the valeting contract? many thanks guys.

Well done!!.
All you need to do now is use capitals at the end of every sentence or paragraph and you'll be the best that's ever been.

Matt

Damian

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2007, 05:56:29 pm »
Easy now! Said in an "Ali g accent"! lol

Damian.
Kids for the ex-missus. The fireblade is my baby!!

steve k

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2007, 08:46:42 pm »
capitals at BEGINNING of sentence or paragraph...well..same thing actually...!

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2007, 10:54:08 pm »
Well Tony, you were saying last time a saw you that you weren't charging enough, now it's time to put your prices up you are too cheap that is why you are booked up! you can afford to lose a few as you naturally will because some will not wait unless they REALLY want you.

Shaun

ollie

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2007, 07:38:25 am »
why are there so many haters on here? as soon as someboby posts a success story somebody rubbishes it!!  most of my jobs are from reccomdations, maybe its because there are only 3 carpet cleaners in my area . just beacuse somebody does something other people dont....doesnt mean hes lying.
ollie

Damian

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2007, 07:46:37 am »
Jealousy mate! And its a deadly sin!! Must admit i come on here for a laugh as some posts are ludicrous!! But some posts are funny at times ::)

Damian.
Kids for the ex-missus. The fireblade is my baby!!

ollie

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2007, 08:07:20 am »
true damian...its said jealousy and anger shorten your life span...so i stay well away!! lifes too short!
ollie

carpetguy

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2007, 09:10:56 am »
Truly amazing......to be booked up, 3 weeks in advance..........but I.ve only been around for 20 or so years, so I suppose  things will improve to that level, if I live long enough!

I get a bit puzzled when someone makes such claims, then asks advice on a simple pricing matter on work, which is still to be seen..........

Neil Grainger

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2007, 09:22:23 am »
Also if someone is booked up 3 weeks in advance, why are they on here at all.

I know that if I was booked up 6 days a week 3 weeks in advance I would be to tired to even think about looking on the internet.

Good luck if you are but i'm not so sure, the market is very tuff at the moment, July and August maybe.