Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian Gourlay

Ideas to increase your bussiness   2
« on: July 26, 2004, 08:35:16 am »
In a marketing manual for carpet cleaners there is the suggestion that after you have cleaned the customers carpet and they have paid etc that you present the customer with a small gift such as 3 roses as a way of saying thank you and to diffrenciate yourself from other cleaners.

Personally I thought it was one of those clever ideas that these marketing gurus think up, but as far as I am concerned was a bit naff.
What do you think.

Obviously buy not carrying out this idea it would invalidate the manuals guarantee but thats only a side point.

neil 47

Re: Ideas to increase your bussiness   2
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2004, 01:20:33 pm »
Ian Instead of 3 roses why not give them a fridge magnet with each Job ,one where they can put a photo of the kids in, or dog, but it also includes your name and phone no same thing but different.

Neil
IICRC

dunny19

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2004, 02:08:17 pm »
three roses is a bit naff, they may think you are coming n to them, if its a male customer, it could be very embarrasing.................need i say more!

where did you purchase your marketing material from

Dennis

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2004, 05:15:36 pm »
Interflora  ;D

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2004, 07:50:38 pm »
Most women are wary of flowers ::)
Stalker...........no pun intended.

Last time i gave my wife flowers she just tutted and said " I suppose you expect me re-open my legs for them?" I replied " Haven't you got a vase big enough?"

I fully expect joke to be deleted and apologise, in advance, for any offence to the weak hearted ;)

Dave_Lee

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2004, 11:56:44 pm »
Ian,
Is this manual part of the Piranah Marketing package?
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2004, 12:26:14 am »
Chris I thought your missus would have said 'what have you been up to?'

Shaun

Ps I use a thankyou letter with a referal message and 3 cards. After cleaning Missus carpets at full price it would seem to me stupid for me to offer her friends a 10% discount when she has been the guinea pig.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2004, 06:58:02 am »
Dave ,

No I did not get this from JP unless the company that pubblished the manual did.

As part of the spiel was that many thousands of pounds and much research had gone into producing this manual.

Regards

Ian

Dave_Lee

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2004, 10:02:38 pm »
Ian,
Alltec material is all based on JPs Piranha Marketing, if thats the company you refer to. Fast Track info and material is Alltecs, Robert Sauders, English translated/altered version of the same material. The laptop audit sofware is Roberts creation, which he also markets through Piranha, in the States.
Dave.
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.

Derek

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2004, 11:16:03 pm »
Hi Chris

I didn't see your post until it had been in place for a while...perhaps you would amend it yourself if you feel it may offend!

Back to the subject....do any of you remember a company called 'Cecil's Butler Care' based in London some twenty years ago.
The 'late' Malcolm Beese set the company up with his technician, Cecil, who arrived in a London Back Cab dressed as a Butler... he used to remove his coat when on site and put on a Butlers striped apron... when the job was complete he presented Madam with a single red rose and a box of Cadbury's chocolates with the Company logo across it... His prices all those years ago were as high if not higher than some of the London boys charge today ...and he was always busy

Cheers
Derek

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2004, 01:59:12 am »
Derek,
Edited but it looses something ::)

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2004, 02:26:48 am »
Dave,

I promise you I did not get this from Alltec or JP.

Its from
How to Build Run and Operate Successful Carpet Cleaners Business.

The proven guide to success and profitability for your own carpet cleaners business

Actually Ive just re read it and its a single carnation gift wraped from the local florist.

You give the customer this single carnation and put it on top of the television.

A friend comes round for coffee and says where did you get that carnation is your husband having an affair.

No says the lady of the house I got it of my tall dark hansome carpet cleaning man.

Next thing the lady has got you round her house so that she can have a flower aswell.

Michel Roberts

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2004, 10:05:44 am »
Hello Derek

Actually now you meantion it I do remember him.  If I recall correctly he also sold HWE machines, similar in design to the cleanright edge i.e waste tank was a lift out bucket. I think he called it Mr Steam or something like that. It might have been a windsor dominator rebadged. He came to my house to give me a demo and turned up in a black Porsche!

Michel  

Derek

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2004, 10:13:26 am »
Michel

That's the guy... when you visited his place near Peterborough you had wine!

Chris...

Thanks for that....you could add the two letters 're' which would say exactly what you originally intended....

Its not what you say folks its the way that you say it

Cheers
Derek

Michel Roberts

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2004, 10:27:23 am »
Derek

Wine in the1970's! How sophisticated. I would have been soooooo impressed at 25 years of age. Was it blue Nun? Anyway I thought It was grim up north.  Eeee ya don't know ya born. (still can't do smileys)

Michel

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2004, 11:35:47 am »
2 simple letters and we are back on track ::)
Derek, Thats why your the moderator and i am not ;D
........well, that and my temper :-X

garyj

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2004, 06:53:07 pm »
When I'm in a customers home I clean the sink using bleach to get rid of the stains and then solutions stainless steel cleaner to buff it up. It takes a few mins and not only does the customer have clean carpets but a shiney sink as well.
As we use the sink it seems only fair it gets a good clean, plus more chance of a tip and referral.

Dynafoam

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2004, 07:12:08 pm »
Gary,

That's top-knotch marketing  :D

In similar vein, if you move a piece of furniture that has remained in place for some time, and the back is coated in dust and cob-webs, ask the customer for a duster so that you can deal with this before replacement.

You could keep a duster in your pocket for this, but them the customer would never know that you have taken the trouble.

John.

Dave_Lee

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2004, 09:46:36 pm »
Gary,
You are not implying that you empty the dirty water in the sink?
Dave.
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.

Derek

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2004, 10:06:09 pm »
Michel

I did buy a machine from Malcolm ( and a second a month or so later).... picture this.

Arranged to meet him at the Post House in Leicester... called to say I would be late but was on the way.

When I arrived he had booked a small room and arranged sandwiches and coffee... how the heck could you NOT buy after that.... are you reading this all you suppliers?

A very helpful man, his equipment was pricey, but his manner sold it to you... a lesson for us all there somewhere!

Cheers
Derek