Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

trad I think.........................

hi there
50%
1 (50%)
hello there
50%
1 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Re: wfp is not that good!
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2007, 05:27:14 pm »
I still use ladders, though it's becomming a rare occurance these days, but my favourate accounts are those that were (or would be) a pain to do trad.

Leaded windows are great with a WFP; and accounts that used to entail lots of ladder moves and climbing are an absolute dream.

I sometimes feel like I'm ripping the customer off!  On one account, I've actually lied to the manager after he said, 'That was quick!'.  I reminded him that there's two of us (Wor Lass); but she didn't work that day. ;D

simon knight

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2007, 06:19:21 pm »

Tosh do you ever get customers trying to renegotiate the price because it's taking you far less time with wfp?

Paul Coleman

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2007, 06:25:53 pm »
I still use ladders, though it's becomming a rare occurance these days, but my favourate accounts are those that were (or would be) a pain to do trad.

Leaded windows are great with a WFP; and accounts that used to entail lots of ladder moves and climbing are an absolute dream.

I sometimes feel like I'm ripping the customer off!  On one account, I've actually lied to the manager after he said, 'That was quick!'.  I reminded him that there's two of us (Wor Lass); but she didn't work that day. ;D

When I worked on the building there was a bricklayer who was doing the blockwork on a giant retaining wall all on his own.  He knew that the site manager did his prowling during the lunch break.  He used to sit with the steelfixers and have his lunch so that the manager would assume that they were his "gang" in case he tried to drop the rate.   :)

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2007, 07:01:38 pm »

Tosh do you ever get customers trying to renegotiate the price because it's taking you far less time with wfp?

No, not really.  You might have the odd 'sharp' customer make a comment; but they're okay with it 99.9% of the time. 

Mind you, I do tops only (mostly) and Wor Lass follows on behind 'tradding'
the ground floor windows, so I guess my customers generally don't know how long we take for each property.

Just tell 'em you're working safely, within the health and safety regulations and that you don't want to break your legs falling off a ladder, and they get their frames cleaned for free.

Look smart and act the part and you'll be fine.

I'm sure.

Londoner

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2007, 07:09:32 pm »
I can't believe we have managed to get back to the old debate again. Personally, I don't really care how a window gets cleaned as long as somebody pays me at the end.

I can also see that some people might have strong views one way or another and they are entitled to be respected for their opinion.

But the truth is, WFP is the best thing that has happened to me and my business since I don't know when.
There is no way I would wan't to go back to trad and whats more no way I could afford to take the drop in income.

Also, I find, much to my amazement, the customers like it as well. One of the things that stopped me converting earlier was the belief that there would be adverse reaction but it never happened.

EasyClean

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2007, 07:14:41 pm »
The 'old chap cleaning windows with a chamois (before squeegies)' is history; why? because he couldn't compete against the chap with a squeegie.
Traditional is okay for starting up a window cleaning business, BUT the future for window cleaning is WFP whether one likes or dislikes it mainly because it is more financially and health & safety  advantaged, giving an unfair advantage over the traditional window cleaners.
I'll give you an example, I cleaned 2 large detached houses today in the same time as 2 traditional window cleaners cleaned 1 detached house opposite me. If we charge approximately the same price than I earnt 4 times what they did for the same amount of time. It's only a matter of time before they change to WFP to compete against me or they settle for a lower annual wage.
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2007, 07:41:24 pm »
8 years ago I thought I had the edge of the "competition" for about 4 years advantage. another 4 years on and the nearest wfp to me is 8 miles away . So maybe in another 4 years I may have some fun. I hope sooner, because it may eventually save someones life.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2007, 07:57:25 pm »
I've got nothing much to add you'll be pleased to hear.

The opening post had all the facts to begin with.
After that it was a load of defensive rubbish.

Sorry guys, he's right.
All the things he's been told, I've been told a hundred times.
If you think the public like it, you're kidding yourselves, or they're too kind to say.

And to the prat who said he'd take work off a proper cleaner?
No chance, they wouldn't have you. ;)

Not with a snapped pole and broken nose anyway...

Mr.G

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2007, 09:17:22 pm »
Yeah, I've also gained several new houses last year, from people complaining about wfp cleaners, doing a poor job. mainly, leaving spots is the complaint. maybe due to being in a hard water area?

craig jwc

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2007, 09:46:31 pm »
You can do a bad job which ever method you use.

I took work off a Trad w/c today.
The customer came to me.

I took a couple of jobs off a wfp w/c last week.
The customer came to me.

It's just another tool to help us do the job safer and quicker.

I started with ladders as most do.

I haven't lost one customer because of wfp. Infact my round grew quicker than i thought it would when i went over to wfp.

Don't regret changing as you can't put a price on your life - and i would rather be around to see my kids grow up.

Craig

« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2007, 07:34:31 am »
No chance, they wouldn't have you. Wink

Oh so you conedone violence do you squeeky please delete your post as i have reason to beleive you are inciting discriminating violence towards others on this forum simply because they are wfp and not traditional.A bit like hes black your white which i cannot and will not tolerate .

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2007, 08:40:29 am »
No chance, they wouldn't have you. Wink

Oh so you conedone violence do you squeeky please delete your post as i have reason to beleive you are inciting discriminating violence towards others on this forum simply because they are wfp and not traditional.A bit like hes black your white which i cannot and will not tolerate .
But it's ok for wfp users to say trad workers don't matter, and ha ha I'll take your work.
That's highly offensive, and yes I would possibly take drastic steps if it was done to me.
I don't like some people's high and mighty attitude.
I'm sure I'm not alone in that thought either.

poleman

« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2007, 08:53:53 am »
So you dont have a high and mighty attitude roger  ??? I agree Easyclean Windows, I have personal been threaten by someone close to me by the forums & you have over step the mark this time  >:(

Andy

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2007, 09:38:48 am »
So you dont have a high and mighty attitude roger  ??? I agree Easyclean Windows, I have personal been threaten by someone close to me by the forums & you have over step the mark this time  >:(

Andy
No I don't have a high and mighty attitude.
I'm a window cleaner.
Someone with a 5k system and employees is still just a window cleaner.

I didn't threaten anyone, so don't be silly.
I just said I wouldn't tolerate high and mighty polers stealing my work.

Stop trying to cause problems. ::)

Paul Coleman

« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2007, 09:42:20 am »
Oh come on guys.  Surely you can see the difference between a threat and someone having a bit of banter.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2007, 09:44:12 am »
Threat to who precisely?

Paul Coleman

« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2007, 09:47:55 am »
Threat to who precisely?

I think it was the bit where you said "Not with a snapped pole and broken nose anyway... ".

Anyway, don't start one me  :)  .  I'm sticking up for ya here.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2007, 09:51:23 am »
Once again, who was it aimed at?

This is far more offensive than anything I've said...
Good! When the HSE enforce the WAHR this year, when all the pro's have had chance to buy their new equipment that conforms to the new LAW, then I shall be pleased to take over your work for you when you go out of business :D :D :D
Hilarious bits in bold, offense underlined. >:(

Count Phil

« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2007, 09:54:56 am »
Come on, everyone is just stressed by the weather. Who cares what the customer wants? As long as they don't cancel! Most customers would probably like to say "not this time mate" but I don't care, they get done. Just chill, it's gonna be sunshine next week. Promise.

poleman

« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2007, 09:55:31 am »
snapped pole and broken nose

>:( its blokes like you is the reason we have this dame ladders v WFP argument  >:(

Andy