Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cleanability

Ashbys after sales service
« on: December 18, 2006, 08:33:20 pm »
About to test it out. Cant solve my low pump pressure problem so my Ninja (still under warranty) is going back to Ashbys. I'm sure I've seen some topics on here about Ashbys after sales not being very good. By the way is it normal to pay for/return machine yourself at your own expence even if machine is still in warranty period?
Also I get steam out of my exhaust when emptying solution tank with vac hose. It happenens right at the end as the last drop of water is sucked through the vac hose. I explained this to Ashbys and they said this is normal. Strange, I've never had this happen with any other machine.

Chris

dennis moriarty

Re: Ashbys after sales service
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 08:44:16 pm »
Chris
I have had similar problems with ashbys pumps. i have the 135psi induction motor. after only three months with a brand new machine the pump failed. it has been one pump after another since then. Martin told me it was my fault because i put too much powder through machine, although i hotly dispute this. as for after sales i find them ok. My current pump also suffers from poor presure. in new year i will changing machines.
Dennis.

Alan Brooker. Aqualink Carpet Care

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 08:45:35 pm »
Sorry to hear you've got pump probs on your ninja. What psi is it?
Yes it's completely normal to have to pay for carriage (If you chose to move to Norway and your machine had problems within the warranty period - who do you think is going to pay carriage then?)
It is completely normal for the exhaust steam thing - just make sure you run the vacs dry for a couple of minutes.
I've never personally experienced any problems equipment wise or after sales service wise that couldn't be fixed.
I have noticed though that if someone turns up with an arsy attitude  :o they usually receive equal service. Makes sense really.

By the way, if you are using a 135psi (why?) You'll find that the 400psi is a good long term investment. Mine lasted for 2 years even though I derestricted it and was constantly running in excess of 500psi.

Regards
Alan
Experience does not qualify as Knowledge and Understanding.
Understand how and why and you'll produce great results.

IICRC, Woolsafe, Fenice & LTT trained.
Member of Eco Carpet Care, NCCA & Woolsafe.

NigelD

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 08:53:51 pm »
I have V2 Steamate.

Problems under warranty, I returned but Ashbys shipped it back to me FOC. I believe they would have collected as well.

Can't fault them.

Nigel

calmore

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 09:05:39 pm »
A lot of suppliers will pay shipping both ways, if it turns out to be a manufacturing fault.

(*If* you were putting too much powder through the machine I'd expect the jets to block before the pump)
Calmore Carpet Cleaning-Southampton
www.calmore.com

Southern PAT Services
www.southernpatservices.com/

cleanability

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2006, 09:56:28 pm »
Thanx chaps. Ran my Alltec Pro Plus today. Bigger tanks, lighter machine and no difference in vac power from my experience. Then again I almost burnt out my heater element, forgot theres no safety cut off as with the Ninja.

Thanx again
Chris 

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2006, 10:07:12 pm »
Thats what happens when you get a n ALLTEC machine ;D :'(

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2006, 11:44:35 pm »
Dennis, there is an element of truth in what they tell you about powder ruining your pump. Some powders can be severe on pumps and do shorten their lives. What kind of powder do you use ?. I have cut down drastically on powder use for a while now, opting for liquids or fresh water rinsing and yes I am having very little pump problems at the moment and I remember when I used to get about four months from Flotex pumps.

Mike Jones

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2006, 12:01:42 am »
I bet the mods lock this like they seem to do with anyone who mentions woodbridge!

Len Gribble

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2006, 02:45:41 am »
Chris

Tip one as Alan put it most eloquently, don’t get arsy but until the time too so!! Am sure that wont happen.

Tip two Consumers should not suffer financial loss for repairs that are not their fault, so claim back carriage charges.

Tip three if a dispute arise, take advice from Consumer Direct at www.consumerdirect.gov.uk.

Yes I get steam out of the exhaust when emptying solution tank also had the same problem with the TM but that was down to float.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

cleaning co

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2006, 03:46:16 am »
well i think its well bad they make u pay to ship machine back when its under warrenty and its faulty goods or workmanship, dont know how they can get away with it ,is it legal ?  also on ashbys website they offer free shiping on goods over 150 pounds yet buy a 3000 pound machine and they charge u 65 pounds  :o  strangely they turn round an say thats only for chems  :o

calmore

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2006, 12:59:30 pm »
I bet the mods lock this like they seem to do with anyone who mentions w**dbridge!

Gah! You gone and done it now! :)
www.calmore.com

Southern PAT Services

calmore

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2006, 01:03:22 pm »
Dennis, there is an element of truth in what they tell you about powder ruining your pump. Some powders can be severe on pumps and do shorten their lives.

Under those circumstances I'd argue that the pump isn't "fit for purpose". Either that or take it up with the powder manufacturer.
www.calmore.com

Southern PAT Services

cleaning co

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2006, 01:53:18 pm »
changing the subject abit here, but what has happend to the eclpise machine the firm sol from cornwall was selling and every one was raving about  its not even on there web site for sale ?

dave401uk

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2006, 03:02:33 pm »
ive got a eclipse 500, very good machine, cant say why they dont advertise it anymore,dont think they stock them now,  ::)
Its never a pass of the wand,just a master stroke.

stains-away

« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2006, 03:21:18 pm »
ive got a eclipse 500, very good machine, cant say why they dont advertise it anymore,dont think they stock them now,  ::)

I heard a rumour that its been eclipsed by a new offering that will be out after crimbo, the 4x4 M power, same old same old but with 18" wheels with spinners  ;D

cleaning co

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2006, 04:37:55 pm »
lol  ;D

dave401uk

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2006, 06:03:23 pm »
you could be right, i think its got twin wheels, three handles, and it will fill itself by remote,cleans the carpet while your having a cuppa, and will leave the carpet bone dry in 10 Min's, and it has a facility for taking payment ;D ;D
Its never a pass of the wand,just a master stroke.

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2006, 09:02:30 pm »
Talking about problems with powders - I used to use Chemspec's Formula 90 powder and also liquid formula 90. Great cleaning but I went through two 400psi pump heads in a matter of months due to pump cavitation. Anyone else used this powder with this machine?

Alan

Chris R

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2006, 09:09:59 pm »
I have always found that water pumps on portables only last about 3 to 6 months ( depends on how busy you are  ;))

I have had them from ashbys, altec, extracta, you name it, all the same.

BUT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I did have one last me for 2 years once !!!

It was the normal flojet 135psi sort, but it was in a machine ( ninja) with no internal tank heater fitted ?

I was using an inline heater with it.

So from this i suspect that the biggest cause of pump failure is running red hot water through them?

Also, when you strip down a damaged pump, you will see how much powder residue its got ? prochem crystal green is terrible for it.

regards

Chris

ps          Did you know that the the 400psi ninja only heats the water ( in tank) to 50 deg ?
ashbys say that any hotter will knacker the pump.

Staffordshire