van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

Re: Best time, effort & money saving tips
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2024, 07:15:40 pm »
Going Cashless is good in theory but I like posting a card and even collecting cash. It does take longer but one meets the customer and usually ends up with other work from them. Building a bond with the customer is the way I like to do things.

Scottish going collecting is a pain esp if you ve done it for 25 years and have more than 100 customers!

I've not collected for years now due to electronic payments,the pandemic was the catalyst to get even more customers to pay by BACS....now its around 80% BACS and the other 20% a mixture of cash/card on the day

I reckon they'll be no physical cash within the next 10 years.

Not sure on that - ive noticed nearly all the local chip shops and takeaways (not the big chains) have put up CASH ONLY signs this year

I've noticed all the barbers round here are cash only most of them come from Iraq and Iran as well as car washes and some takeaways but lots of places you can't use cash at all esp in the little towns like Altrincham,the food market is cashless and has been for years now
price higher/work harder!

Smudger

« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2024, 07:17:52 pm »
don't get me wrong I prefer cardless - so easy - I rarely have cash on me - not even a squid for the shopping trolley  ::)roll
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Slacky

« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2024, 03:31:02 pm »
In 30 years time it'll all be on the card.

We'll not know the difference. The busker will have a terminal gaffer taped to a microphone stand, tips in restaurants, taxis and hairdressers will be optional via the terminal, shopping trolleys will have a terminal on them. The next generation will grow up not having the foggiest idea what is meant when we talk about cash.

Just like Gen Z have no idea what a cassette tape is. As for re-winding a cassette with a pencil, what were we, neanderthal?

Fluff on the needle?

Ched

« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2024, 05:34:57 pm »

We'll not know the difference. The busker will have a terminal gaffer taped to a microphone stand, tips in restaurants, taxis and hairdressers will be optional via the terminal, shopping trolleys will have a terminal on them. The next generation will grow up not having the foggiest idea what is meant when we talk about cash.

Just like Gen Z have no idea what a cassette tape is. As for re-winding a cassette with a pencil, what were we, neanderthal?

Fluff on the needle?
I think it will be more like 5 to 10 years and there won't be cash anymore. The gov would love a cashless society, no one can avoid income tax by taking cash payments or dodge vat by taking cash! No more cash in hand jobs. It would all be very easy to trace with gov gaining access to everyone's bank accounts - that's coming very soon if not already!

michael mckeary

« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2024, 10:22:19 pm »
I was in Screwfix and they shouted out their wifi was down, so cash only. I was only one left in the shop. Cash will always be king so said King Charles and he should know.

dazmond

« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2024, 08:19:35 am »
I was in Screwfix and they shouted out their wifi was down, so cash only. I was only one left in the shop. Cash will always be king so said King Charles and he should know.

I went food shopping the other week and forgot my wallet(never done this before).I thought no problem I'll just pay with my phone.it wouldn't work as tesco had made a computer update the night before!🤣

I had to leave my shopping there and nip home and get my wallet

I normally have both,cash and card

dazmond

« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2024, 08:22:34 am »

Fluff on the needle?
I think it will be more like 5 to 10 years and there won't be cash anymore. The gov would love a cashless society, no one can avoid income tax by taking cash payments or dodge vat by taking cash! No more cash in hand jobs. It would all be very easy to trace with gov gaining access to everyone's bank accounts - that's coming very soon if not already!

The powers that HMRC have now are vast.they can freeze all your bank accounts very easily if they suspect fraud.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2024, 10:53:06 am »

I went food shopping the other week and forgot my wallet(never done this before).I thought no problem I'll just pay with my phone.it wouldn't work as tesco had made a computer update the night before!🤣

Chepstow. Like a third world country.

Oh. It's Wales.  ;D
It's a game of three halves!

Missing Link

« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2024, 08:39:43 pm »

Chepstow. Like a third world country.

Oh. It's Wales.  ;D

Your Alzheimer's is kicking in, Gold, Daz lives up narth somewhere. ;D
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

robbo333

« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2024, 05:46:53 pm »
Bin off your crap jobs!
I think we've probably all got a job (or 10) that we just hate doing, for whatever reason!
Usually we keep them because the customers are really nice (but the job is an absolute nightmare) or it's in the middle of a row that we do...etc, etc, etc.
Put the price up to match the job or bin it off.
It may not speed up your day, or make you quicker, but mental health plays a big part in our game and if you're happy, you work better and more efficiently.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

AuRavelling79

« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2024, 07:25:57 pm »
Going Cashless is good in theory but I like posting a card and even collecting cash. It does take longer but one meets the customer and usually ends up with other work from them. Building a bond with the customer is the way I like to do things.

Scottish going collecting is a pain esp if you ve done it for 25 years and have more than 100 customers!

I've not collected for years now due to electronic payments,the pandemic was the catalyst to get even more customers to pay by BACS....now its around 80% BACS and the other 20% a mixture of cash/card on the day

I reckon they'll be no physical cash within the next 10 years.

Not sure on that - ive noticed nearly all the local chip shops and takeaways (not the big chains) have put up CASH ONLY signs this year

Browns restaurant, Park Street, Bristol, Parsons Bakery, High Kingsdown Bristol and The Forge & Fern, Staple Hill, Bristol have now all recently gone "no cash policy"

It's like a third world city.  ;D
It's a game of three halves!

tlwcs

« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2024, 07:43:53 am »

Heated lunch box Google it

Last nights left overs, Ginsters pasty or whatever you like. Plug into lighter socket and 30 to 60 mins later, a hot lunch.
It’s not equipment, but great if you work all day